Round 7 / ALGOL-style / Deadline 2018-11-30

zslane

18 Apr 2018, 19:00

A lot of people don't realize that the 7bot is hand-cranked (I'm not kidding).

Luna
Alt255

18 Apr 2018, 19:07

zslane wrote: A lot of people don't realize that the 7bot is hand-cranked (I'm not kidding).
I believe you. That's probably why he changed my escapes from HoneyB to HoneyC and from locked to unlocked.
No idea why I get that 1$ rebate on round 7 though.
I just hope my red escapes are included else my set will be too dull.

zslane

18 Apr 2018, 23:10

Sometimes the prices of kits you've ordered go down.
Last edited by zslane on 18 Apr 2018, 23:29, edited 1 time in total.

runsamok

18 Apr 2018, 23:14

zslane wrote: Sometimes the prices of kits you've ordered go down in price.
Think this is a case where 7bit doesn't have the stock on hand & will be ordering the HONEYC replacements alongside Round 7 caps, hence why it triggered the $1, 25% discount for a Round 6 cap/kit.

Luna
Alt255

18 Apr 2018, 23:19

So the HoneyB red escape keys I ordered as in stock leftovers will be replaced by new still to be produced HoneyC keys that will be delivered in 4 years or so?
If that’s the case my whole full set and heaps of leftover sets are for sale as soon as they come in.

Oblotzky

18 Apr 2018, 23:20

Luna wrote: So the HoneyB red escape keys I ordered as in stock leftovers will be replaced by new still to be produced HoneyC keys that will be delivered in 4 years or so?
If that’s the case my whole full set and heaps of leftover sets are for sale as soon as they come in.
Watcha got coming? :twisted:

Luna
Alt255

18 Apr 2018, 23:24

White alphas, grey TKL mods as base sets and 160 worth of leftovers for 60 to 75% keyboards in grey and colors.

runsamok

18 Apr 2018, 23:28

Sounds like my Oblivion set! Hagoromo alphas, Monochrome mods. It's for my "midgame" board while my Round 7s are for my own full custom I'm tinkering with when I have time & inspiration.

Techno Trousers
100,000,000 actuations

19 Apr 2018, 03:22

Luna wrote:White alphas, grey TKL mods as base sets and 160 worth of leftovers for 60 to 75% keyboards in grey and colors.
If only that was black alphas and and grey mods. So close to my dream set that may never be, since white on black isn't an option in round 7.

Oblotzky

19 Apr 2018, 17:33

A few standalone green keys seem to be missing

e.g.

ALGOL/RETRUN225/GREEN
ALGOL/LOTUS/R1U100/GREEN

would love to order these!

green-squid

19 Apr 2018, 18:41

Hey guys! Not sure if this is the best place to ask, but do you think 7bit will keep some the faulty Round 7 keycaps in the factory? I just can't afford the regular caps and I thought about asking if I can buy a bag of cosmetically faulty ones that would be thrown away otherwise. I hope I don't sound greedy.

schmoktopus

19 Apr 2018, 19:21

7bit wrote: There will be a HYPER7 kit in Round 7.
:o

And Round 7 will start when I shipped Round 6.
:-)
@7bit: Will there still be a Hyper7 kit? Apparently it's not listed among the other kits.

Also: What does "Start of GB" mean? Is this the date where you send a final order confirmation to Singnature Plastics or is the production already starting then?

Oblotzky

19 Apr 2018, 20:08

green-squid wrote: Hey guys! Not sure if this is the best place to ask, but do you think 7bit will keep some the faulty Round 7 keycaps in the factory? I just can't afford the regular caps and I thought about asking if I can buy a bag of cosmetically faulty ones that would be thrown away otherwise. I hope I don't sound greedy.
I believe everything is shipped to 7bit, and he then creates 'okay leftover kits' from those or sorts them into grabbags himself to purchase and go through.

green-squid

19 Apr 2018, 20:22

Oblotzky wrote:
green-squid wrote: Hey guys! Not sure if this is the best place to ask, but do you think 7bit will keep some the faulty Round 7 keycaps in the factory? I just can't afford the regular caps and I thought about asking if I can buy a bag of cosmetically faulty ones that would be thrown away otherwise. I hope I don't sound greedy.
I believe everything is shipped to 7bit, and he then creates 'okay leftover kits' from those or sorts them into grabbags himself to purchase and go through.
I have written a letter to him about it. I hope I will have some luck!

Dingster

19 Apr 2018, 20:23

green-squid wrote:
Oblotzky wrote:
I have written a letter to him about it. I hope I will have some luck!
Let us know how it goes, I might be interested as well depending on the price :)

Luna
Alt255

19 Apr 2018, 20:24

Nobody that has a spare red Escape key here from the Honey series?

green-squid

19 Apr 2018, 20:43

I'm not trying to be cheap or ungrateful, but I hope he won't charge a lot for them. If I can get a half of a normal grab bag full of random cosmetically faulty ones for $20 or something like that, I will be very very very happy.
7bit is a notorious(ly good) thug in the keyboard world. And he's only a single blue keycap!
Luna I hope you'll find that red keycap.

runsamok

19 Apr 2018, 21:22

Luna wrote: Nobody that has a spare red Escape key here from the Honey series?
7bit still has R1 red LOTUS, KBDRUNNER & HELVETICA in stock (at least as of my last WASSUP a few days ago) that'll be the right colour & profile to sub in for an ESC.

The SA Oblivion Monochrome mods come with a R1 ESC key in RAS that could match, but they're not out 'til June-ish. Oblotzky would be the point man to ask how much of a match they'll be to HONEY* runs, but you might be able to find someone who's not using their red caps (also comes with blue & grey variants in the set).

Luna
Alt255

19 Apr 2018, 21:24

Thanks!
Yep, I already checked the leftovers, the Lotus could do it for me.
But I might have found someone willing to sell me an actual escape.

runsamok

19 Apr 2018, 21:29

Luna wrote: Thanks!
Yep, I already checked the leftovers, the Lotus could do it for me.
But I might have found someone willing to sell me an actual escape.
Awesome! I'm going to be using my red keys from Oblivion, else I'd have offered you mine (if it was a match).

Oblotzky

19 Apr 2018, 22:04

SA Oblivion uses GAL for legends though, a light beige so it wouldn't be a perfect match. I myself am also looking for red ESC and RETURN, and blue ESC, though the RETURN is the important one as I have novelties for the escapes :)

Luna
Alt255

19 Apr 2018, 22:07

I managed to gather white alphas, gray mods, a red escape a blue enter, black cursors and a few Fn keys in different colors all for a VA68M. Should be sweet!

runsamok

20 Apr 2018, 01:45

Luna wrote: I managed to gather white alphas, gray mods, a red escape a blue enter, black cursors and a few Fn keys in different colors all for a VA68M. Should be sweet!
Sounds very similar to the initial scheme I envisioned for my 96 when I bought Oblivion until my RAS spacebar from PMK came in & I decided to go all-in on the red for accent colours.

Luna
Alt255

20 Apr 2018, 06:02

Just saw pics of Oblivion on a Planck, I thought those high caps wouldn’t look good on such a small keyboard but it looked awesome. Might try my dev/tty on it.

For Algol I think I’ll go with Violett/Cream and some gray accents.

MrTq

21 Apr 2018, 13:32

Is there any chance to join r7?

Oblotzky

21 Apr 2018, 13:55

MrTq wrote: Is there any chance to join r7?
Orders are still open, just PM 7bot as instructed to place yours.

wiki/Round_6#How_to_order

Luna
Alt255

21 Apr 2018, 22:17

Oblotzky wrote:

And how long will they remain open?

Oblotzky

21 Apr 2018, 22:21

Luna wrote:
Oblotzky wrote:

And how long will they remain open?
7bit said R7 will lift off once R6 is done shipping, which he plans to wrap up this month or so I think? Then I would assume orders will close for Violett&Cream as that is the first color to be produced, while pre-order remains open for the other colors until it's their turn.

Luna
Alt255

21 Apr 2018, 22:24

Oblotzky wrote: 7bit said R7 will lift off once R6 is done shipping, which he plans to wrap up this month or so I think? Then I would assume orders will close for Violett&Cream as that is the first color to be produced, while pre-order remains open for the other colors until it's their turn.

Thanks!

schmoktopus

22 Apr 2018, 12:03

Does anyone know when production starts?

Return to “Group buys”