Round 7 / ALGOL-style / Deadline 2018-11-30

Luna
Alt255

24 Apr 2018, 12:19

7bot wrote: 20% rebate on all Round 7 orders.

update:
The first kits to be produced will be:
VIOLETT and CREAMVIOLETT

The madness has started!
:evilgeek:
The Style is named ALGOL to commemorate the 60th anniversary of the ALGOL Programming language in 2018!
:ugeek:

Colors will be grey, red, green, blue, violett on cream,
plus cream on grey, red, green, blue, violett.
:cool:

This time, the bot created a website, so it is easier for it to upload content:
:o

-----> Round 7 <-----
---------------------> :ugeek:

Please read the Round 6 wiki How to order

To send an order, you still have to pm the bot: ----> Send Order<----

Production will be separate for each color and will start with the most successful color, once there are enough orders.

Until 31 May 2017, there is a 20% rebate on all Round 7 orders.
:-)
For those who still don't understand, there is an FAQ wiki entry (not sure if it helps ...)
7bit_Group_Buys_FAQ

:roll:

So will there be black on cream and cream on black or not? A bit unclear to me.

Oblotzky

25 Apr 2018, 00:04

Luna wrote:
7bot wrote: 20% rebate on all Round 7 orders.

update:
The first kits to be produced will be:
VIOLETT and CREAMVIOLETT

The madness has started!
:evilgeek:
The Style is named ALGOL to commemorate the 60th anniversary of the ALGOL Programming language in 2018!
:ugeek:

:cool:

This time, the bot created a website, so it is easier for it to upload content:

-----> Round 7 <-----
---------------------> :ugeek:

Please read the Round 6 wiki How to order

To send an order, you still have to pm the bot: ----> Send Order<----

Production will be separate for each color and will start with the most successful color, once there are enough orders.

Until 31 May 2017, there is a 20% rebate on all Round 7 orders.
:-)
For those who still don't understand, there is an FAQ wiki entry (not sure if it helps ...)
7bit_Group_Buys_FAQ

:roll:

So will there be black on cream and cream on black or not? A bit unclear to me.
Seems it only served the purpose of adding the 7 to the banner

Luna
Alt255

25 Apr 2018, 08:16

Damn, that black and cream combo looks classy. Would have chosen that one.
The violet looks nice but might be too much for all the mods.
Will get grey then I think.

Oblotzky

12 May 2018, 05:20

Someone wake me up in 2022

Techno Trousers
100,000,000 actuations

12 May 2018, 05:24

Nice scheme! I was too chicken to order anything beyond VIOLETTCREAM... yet, anyway.

montydrei

12 May 2018, 23:31

Kind of glad and sad I didn't get into this hobby until late 2017. I never knew how badly I needed the ALPHA Cadet US-kit :)

Sad that I didn't get the chance to place an order, but also glad that I wouldn't be waiting indefinitely for the kit :D

Jealous of everyone who'll be getting these sweet caps, though! Best of luck!

typischt

13 May 2018, 02:10

montydrei wrote:Kind of glad and sad I didn't get into this hobby until late 2017. I never knew how badly I needed the ALPHA Cadet US-kit :)

Sad that I didn't get the chance to place an order, but also glad that I wouldn't be waiting indefinitely for the kit :D

Anyone correct me if I‘m wrong, since I‘m not experinced with 7bits groupbuys, but I‘m pretty sure I read just recently in this thread, that you can still order caps in this round 7 ..!

Oblotzky

13 May 2018, 02:20

typischt wrote:
montydrei wrote:Kind of glad and sad I didn't get into this hobby until late 2017. I never knew how badly I needed the ALPHA Cadet US-kit :)

Anyone correct me if I‘m wrong, since I‘m not experinced with 7bits groupbuys, but I‘m pretty sure I read just recently in this thread, that you can still order caps in this round 7 ..!
Correct. Orders for Round 7 are still open. The buy will probably close colors one by one as not everything is ordered from SP at once. 7bit wants to do Violet & Cream first, so until that ships I don't see why other colors wouldn't stay open until they are submitted too.

zslane

13 May 2018, 19:14

This GB will probably be active for the next few years. At least. Though the window for each color combination will open and then close separately, and probably in annual or semi-annual intervals.

montydrei

14 May 2018, 15:17

Oh, neat. That's what I get for not reading the thread! :P

ETA: PM sent to 7bot! Time to settle in and hope the keys come in while my country still exists :lol:

montydrei

17 May 2018, 23:10

Woohoo, got my invoice! I'll be paying via PayPal, but the text to include is:

R5 nnnn montydrei

Is the "R5" prefix correct? The nnnn is my invoice number, so that makes sense, but R5 makes me think it's Round 5? Should it be R7?

zslane

17 May 2018, 23:22

R5 is correct. 7bit simply doesn't bother to update that tag for each round.

montydrei

18 May 2018, 01:18

Thanks for the quick confirmation! I'll be submitting the PayPal payment soon :)

pa3ot

29 May 2018, 16:12

It looks like this round doesn't include Hyper7 layout. But I want to get this huge thing (in my opinion it's the most consistent step after 40% keyboards), therefore I'm looking for Hyper7.

Is there any chances to see Hyper7 layout included in round 7?

Or if not, is it possible to assemble Hyper7 from available components? (meh.. not sure)

wadeak78

31 May 2018, 10:41

Is there a 00 key for the numpad available?

velusip

31 May 2018, 22:28

pa3ot wrote: It looks like this round doesn't include Hyper7 layout. But I want to get this huge thing (in my opinion it's the most consistent step after 40% keyboards), therefore I'm looking for Hyper7.

Is there any chances to see Hyper7 layout included in round 7?

Or if not, is it possible to assemble Hyper7 from available components? (meh.. not sure)
No. Round 7 is sticking to modern/popular layouts for simplicity. There is probably enough in extras from Round 5 and 6 to cover the Hyper7 requirements. See R5 leftovers and R6 leftovers. It takes some work to figure out if you can cover a project from partial sets.
wadeak78 wrote: Is there a 00 key for the numpad available?
I don't think so. There are leftovers from Round 6 I believe in white only and whatever else is accumulated in grabbags around the world.

bit-shifter

05 Jun 2018, 22:34

Cross post from R6 thread (apologies, if it's not the done thing):

Would anyone have (or know anyone who has) two hyper7 specific kits from R6 group buy?

Specifically:

hyper7/numpad
hyper7/alpha

If anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd be incredibly grateful.

7bit, if you happen to read this, I'm still very interested in a hyper7 kit being added to R7 - what are the chances?

Also, if you have any kits knocking about (or even miscellaneous keys), I could potentially make up what I need from R7 by buying the blue NUMOP and NUMNUM kits with the addition of the specific R2 profile keys for the hyper7/numpad.

In eternal hope,
- bit-shifter

mroe

11 Jun 2018, 22:33

Hi! I think the round 7 keycaps are a really cool project. After having looked through the descriptions of the kits, I've got a couple of questions.

1. Why does the keypad have an optional keypad tilde key?

Ok, sure, why not! And you don't have to include that key on your keyboard if you don't want it. But I'm kind of curious what the reason for it was - I can't think of any national keyboard layout that has it. (The Brazilian keyboard has keypad period and keypad comma, but not a tilde).

2. In Algol/VCRSYM/R1, are the NextTrack/PreviousTrack symbols right?

Usually, in the NextTrack/PreviousTrack symbols, the pointy end of the triangle points towards the rectangle. (See, for example, the Unicode code charts). Here, the triangle points in the opposite direction. Is it a typo, or an alternative way of writing that symbol, or is it just meant to represent something else?

3. UK kits

It says that the first kits to be produced will be VIOLETT and VIOLETTCREAM, but some of the kits are only listed in other colors (e.g. ALGOL|LANGUAGE|UK, ALGOL|VCRSYM). Does that mean people who want a UK keyboard layout will have to wait until the other colors are produced?

(I think the gray looks nicer anyway, but I think I'd be OK with violet if I meant I got it sooner...)

4. Lisp machine punctuation

ALGOL|ALPHA|CADET has the Lisp machine's extra punctuation keys (colon/plusminus, (<, )> ) but ALGOL|KEYBOARD|TKL|CADET only has the standard US keys. Is this right? (I suppose you could have sold the 5 Lisp machine punctuation keys as a separate language kit, like the UK-layout punctuation keys).

Thanks!

Luna
Alt255

13 Jun 2018, 17:33

When my order of round5/6 shipped I got an invoice with tracking number.
Now a few days after delivery I get the invoice again automatically without a Wassup.

Is it paytime for Round 7?

phinix

26 Jun 2018, 21:36

Sorry, I kept away myself from this thread, but I cant do it anymore. After having a good play with my round 5 and 6 sets, its time for some black on cream round 7 love :D

Is it still ok to order?
Do we know roughly when these going to be produced?

Luna
Alt255

26 Jun 2018, 21:45

phinix wrote: Sorry, I kept away myself from this thread, but I cant do it anymore. After having a good play with my round 5 and 6 sets, its time for some black on cream round 7 love :D

Is it still ok to order?
Do we know roughly when these going to be produced?
As I was told a few posts up there is no black and cream. Or is there?

Techno Trousers
100,000,000 actuations

26 Jun 2018, 22:22

Black and cream were not listed as orderable when I last checked. I would definitely like some eventually, though.

Luna
Alt255

26 Jun 2018, 22:49

I would change my violet and cream to black and cream right away!

Mrfe333

29 Jun 2018, 07:45

How long does it take for 7bot to reply usually?

Also, I'm not too late am I? I've read mixed information on whether we can still make new orders or not

Oblotzky

29 Jun 2018, 12:12

Mrfe333 wrote: How long does it take for 7bot to reply usually?

Also, I'm not too late am I? I've read mixed information on whether we can still make new orders or not
I added and removed a few kits two days ago, took just a few hours to update. 7bit still manually pushes some buttons. Round 7 orders remain open for the time being, so you are not too late.

montydrei

01 Jul 2018, 05:24

Mrfe333 wrote: How long does it take for 7bot to reply usually?
I placed a completely new order a few months ago, and if I recall correctly it took a day or two to receive my invoice. Your timing may vary, though, as I believe 7bit has to do something manually to make 7bot process the order.

Wintermute1974
Tessier-Ashpool S.A.

01 Jul 2018, 10:30

Is the ISO German (ISO DE) layout missing a Row2 "Z" key?

Here are the three points that lead me to this possible conclusion:

(1.) The ALGOL/INTER/VIOLETTCREAM kit contains a Row4 "Y" key but not a Row2 "Z" key:
Spoiler:
(2.) According to an earlier post in this thread from 2016, Round 7 is using the SA profile.

(3.) A quick check of the Signature Plastics website shows that the SA keycap profile for Row2 and Row4 are different, with Row2 at -7° and Row4 at +7°:
Spoiler:
My only guess is that the "Z" symbol is perfectly centered and perfectly symmetrical. If this is true, then the same key can be used as either a -7° Row2 key and as an upside-down +7° Row4 key. Is this guess of mine correct? What am I missing here?

Oblotzky

01 Jul 2018, 11:58

Wintermute1974 wrote: My only guess is that the "Z" symbol is perfectly centered and perfectly symmetrical. If this is true, then the same key can be used as either a -7° Row2 key and as an upside-down +7° Row4 key. Is this guess of mine correct? What am I missing here?
This is the correct answer

ThePewster

26 Jul 2018, 13:26

ALGOL SYM kits have follow symbols - Coffee and Bell. Out of the two I could find only the Coffee symbol in the kits.
In the kits, the Coffee Symbol appears as 1u size in Row 1 profile.

I found this kit series where in Coffee icon is in 1.25u size Row 3 profile. :evilgeek:
ALGOL/MODSYM125F/VIOLETT

Dear @7bit, please offer the same kit but in 1u size Row 3 profile. :)
ALGOL/MODSYM100F/VIOLETT

Also these:
ALGOL/APPLE100/VIOLETT
ALGOL/APPLE100/VIOLETTCREAM

PS: Looks like Bell symbol appears to be an easter egg. Couldn't find it anywhere else in the kits.

The_Boom_Boy

28 Jul 2018, 12:11

I 7Bit can you please answer my pm

Return to “Group buys”