Round 7 / ALGOL-style / Deadline 2018-11-30

lazyfart

21 Sep 2018, 16:13

I'm looking to make an order but i want to clarify;

1) are the 7 units spacebar available in violettcream?
2) I can't seem to see any images of stand alone num pads for the order?

spedlike

24 Sep 2018, 04:43

jacobavenkraft wrote:
Wintermute1974 wrote:
fireworm wrote: What's up with the Oct 31 2018 deadline?
You should be excited. 7bit must have reevaluated the group buy and then issued a new target for Round 7. This is progress.
Is the deadline for all Round 7 orders? Or just for Violet/Cream orders?
Would like to know the answer to this as well.

zslane

24 Sep 2018, 18:47

Round 7 will be going on for years to come, given all the colorways that are being offered. The current deadline would only be for the current colorway run, which is violet/cream.

jacobavenkraft

25 Sep 2018, 16:44

It would be cool if you could get a kit of this in R3 profile:

I know it couldn't happen until all colors have run and there is that pesky black/cream set of keys at the end, but... :)

ThePewster

27 Sep 2018, 16:00

Oblotzky

27 Sep 2018, 16:03

ThePewster wrote: SA Violett on Cream GB. Hmm.

https://novelkeys.xyz/collections/keyca ... n-cream-gb
The new modifier legends (both icon and text) for this round plus the novelties make this GB more interesting to me personally.

TheEerieCold

27 Sep 2018, 23:26

"A classic and simple colorway. This was brought to us by beamingrobot from Monokei."

It's as if they are terrified to actually give credit or at least acknowledge 7bit, regardless of it only being colors that are copied. Just another low effort knockoff like SA Doom. No thanks.

chuckdee

28 Sep 2018, 06:14

TheEerieCold wrote:

"A classic and simple colorway. This was brought to us by beamingrobot from Monokei."

It's as if they are terrified to actually give credit or at least acknowledge 7bit, regardless of it only being colors that are copied. Just another low effort knockoff like SA Doom. No thanks.
Did 7bit originate that scheme? Or just copy it from another vintage keyboard?

zslane

28 Sep 2018, 18:19

I can't image what vintage keyboard used to have violet and cream keycaps. I don't think 7bit got the idea from another keyboard or keycap set. The idea may have come from suggestions sent to him during the Round 6 IC all those years ago.

culiandralin

29 Sep 2018, 05:48

rubbermilitia wrote:
jacobavenkraft wrote: Anyone have any theories as to why the numbers on the ASCII kits are so low? Seems like that is one of the signature aspects of this set and they look so good. Do people just have burnout on the novelty of dual legends?
That's a good question, the ASCII set is what had me excited about this
Me too -- the violet/cream color scheme isn't the most exicting to me, but I'll happily place an order if it helps get the ball rolling on any keys with the ASCII legends.

jacobavenkraft

29 Sep 2018, 15:37

culiandralin wrote:
rubbermilitia wrote:
jacobavenkraft wrote: Anyone have any theories as to why the numbers on the ASCII kits are so low? Seems like that is one of the signature aspects of this set and they look so good. Do people just have burnout on the novelty of dual legends?
That's a good question, the ASCII set is what had me excited about this
Me too -- the violet/cream color scheme isn't the most exicting to me, but I'll happily place an order if it helps get the ball rolling on any keys with the ASCII legends.
Well, I have two ASCII sets in my order right now as well as a normal set, but considering the NovelKeys release of Violet on Cream, I may switch my normal set to ASCII or Cadet just so I have the unique legends.

jacobavenkraft

29 Sep 2018, 16:10

Looks like this is using WV instead of WCK for the cream.

silverdragon

29 Sep 2018, 17:17

Is there any chance of the Hyper7 kit being in round seven? I see there is a place holder for it on the table of contents, but no real information.

7bit

01 Oct 2018, 18:45

Hi all!

I have some good news and some bad news!
:?

The good news is that there will be a Round 7!
:ugeek:

The bad news: I will reduce the amount of new legends.
:cry:

There will be the ASCII legends, most of the symbol legends, but no new text legends, these will remain the ones we had in previous group buys.
:roll:

Also: MOQ will be 50 keys each, so some of the more rare kits might not happen.
:o

About Hyper7 kit: I'm still not sure, maybe without the POS keys (2units covering 2 keys).
:-)

Techno Trousers
100,000,000 actuations

01 Oct 2018, 18:50

What were the newly proposed text legends that will now be dropped?

Also, will there eventually be a cream on black offered this round?

Luna
Alt255

01 Oct 2018, 23:15

Techno Trousers wrote: What were the newly proposed text legends that will now be dropped?

Also, will there eventually be a cream on black offered this round?
+1 for Cream on black and black on cream, would be really classy!

jacobavenkraft

02 Oct 2018, 00:26

7bit wrote: Hi all!

I have some good news and some bad news!

The good news is that there will be a Round 7!

The bad news: I will reduce the amount of new legends.
:cry:

There will be the ASCII legends, most of the symbol legends, but no new text legends, these will remain the ones we had in previous group buys.
:roll:

Also: MOQ will be 50 keys each, so some of the more rare kits might not happen.

About Hyper7 kit: I'm still not sure, maybe without the POS keys (2units covering 2 keys).
:-)
Arrgh! So all the FunText kits may change or disappear altogether? Will you be updating the available kits in the listing?

7bit

04 Oct 2018, 16:18

jacobavenkraft wrote: It would be cool if you could get a kit of this in R3 profile:

I know it couldn't happen until all colors have run and there is that pesky black/cream set of keys at the end, but... :)
Yeah!

My secret plan is to use all of the leftover keys to make individual rainbow-sets.

7bit

04 Oct 2018, 16:22

zslane wrote: I can't image what vintage keyboard used to have violet and cream keycaps. I don't think 7bit got the idea from another keyboard or keycap set. The idea may have come from suggestions sent to him during the Round 6 IC all those years ago.
Someone at GeekHack who's username was VPX, came up with this color-scheme. He ran a small group buy, but his kit lacked both SHIFT keys and also came without space bars. That was before Round 5.

And: The deadline is really for deciding which kits will not make it anywhere near the MOQ, so I can cut this down even more.

The new text legends: I really wanted to let them do the new legends but they are simply too many. However, I will make sure that this time SP takes the right legends for production. They will get my orderlist including the legend code, which is a 4-digit alphanumeric code.

adamcobabe

04 Oct 2018, 19:26

What are the chances of getting a 00 key (double zero on numpad)? I know it's way late, but if we are changing sets to help with MOQ... now's the time, right?

jacobavenkraft

04 Oct 2018, 21:14

7bit wrote:
zslane wrote: I can't image what vintage keyboard used to have violet and cream keycaps. I don't think 7bit got the idea from another keyboard or keycap set. The idea may have come from suggestions sent to him during the Round 6 IC all those years ago.
Someone at GeekHack who's username was VPX, came up with this color-scheme. He ran a small group buy, but his kit lacked both SHIFT keys and also came without space bars. That was before Round 5.

And: The deadline is really for deciding which kits will not make it anywhere near the MOQ, so I can cut this down even more.

The new text legends: I really wanted to let them do the new legends but they are simply too many. However, I will make sure that this time SP takes the right legends for production. They will get my orderlist including the legend code, which is a 4-digit alphanumeric code.
So, if you aren't going to get the new text legends don't you have to make some adjustments to the text modifiers kits that are listed as part of Round 7? I need 1u keys to support an ortholinear layout so I was looking forward to all those FunText kits. I know your other rounds have enough 1u text modifiers to cover me, but will need to change my order to whatever new kits you come up with.

7bit

05 Oct 2018, 12:58

adamcobabe wrote: What are the chances of getting a 00 key (double zero on numpad)? I know it's way late, but if we are changing sets to help with MOQ... now's the time, right?
OK, I add it to the NUMPAD and NUMNUM kits ...

Oblotzky

05 Oct 2018, 13:00

Btw I think the Symbols are added recently? Might want to advertise them 8-)

7bit

05 Oct 2018, 13:07

jacobavenkraft wrote: So, if you aren't going to get the new text legends don't you have to make some adjustments to the text modifiers kits that are listed as part of Round 7? I need 1u keys to support an ortholinear layout so I was looking forward to all those FunText kits. I know your other rounds have enough 1u text modifiers to cover me, but will need to change my order to whatever new kits you come up with.
What exactly is missing?

The row 1 keys also exist as row 3 keys.

Oblotzky

05 Oct 2018, 13:30

Personally I'd love to see a kit using existing fun text keys that covers all 4 rows, this would be useful for 65% and 75% keyboards as they have a column of keys on the right side like this:

The kit could look something like this, using only keys that are already used in the other FUNTEXT kits:

jacobavenkraft

05 Oct 2018, 17:47

7bit wrote:
jacobavenkraft wrote: So, if you aren't going to get the new text legends don't you have to make some adjustments to the text modifiers kits that are listed as part of Round 7? I need 1u keys to support an ortholinear layout so I was looking forward to all those FunText kits. I know your other rounds have enough 1u text modifiers to cover me, but will need to change my order to whatever new kits you come up with.
What exactly is missing?

I apologize, I should have double-checked the listing again before posting. I had checked it this weekend and thought there was still the old Round7 FunText kits and I was expecting you to update them based on your comments. YAY! you updated them with the latest kits! Thank you so much. This community seems to tease quite a lot about how 7bit group buys are so slow and how unresponsive 7bit is, but you just proved them all wrong! :)

Looking forward to my keycaps in 2015!

ThePewster

05 Oct 2018, 19:57

jacobavenkraft wrote:
7bit wrote:
What exactly is missing?

I apologize, I should have double-checked the listing again before posting. I had checked it this weekend and thought there was still the old Round7 FunText kits and I was expecting you to update them based on your comments. YAY! you updated them with the latest kits! Thank you so much. This community seems to tease quite a lot about how 7bit group buys are so slow and how unresponsive 7bit is, but you just proved them all wrong! :)

Looking forward to my keycaps in 2015!
You mean, 2025*

jacobavenkraft

06 Oct 2018, 00:15

I would love a 2u Row 3 Keyboard Runner or Lotus or Alien. Dunno if there is any chance it could ever make MOQ though. Or even a 2u Row 3 blank...:)

Oblotzky

06 Oct 2018, 23:56

Oblotzky wrote: Personally I'd love to see a kit using existing fun text keys that covers all 4 rows, this would be useful for 65% and 75% keyboards as they have a column of keys on the right side like this:

The kit could look something like this, using only keys that are already used in the other FUNTEXT kits:

I just noticed there is this kit, but sadly missing R4 :(

Could we maybe buy R4 1u FN keys separately? 8-) I think a lot of split-right-shift-lovers would like that

lazyfart

10 Oct 2018, 07:40

What the shipping times for the violettcream?

Return to “Group buys”