Round 7 / ALGOL-style / Deadline 2018-11-30

valniro

10 Jun 2019, 18:20

@7bit, it's June and still no refund. I see people are buying your sets but you're still not issuing refunds nor providing any feedback
at all. Not a single word from you. Just WOW.

bit-shifter

10 Jun 2019, 18:48

Hey Valniro,

Could you let me know when you sent a refund request (and your order number, DM is fine)? Perhaps I'll be able to chase it down.

I know the DT forum upgrade has caused 7bit a good number of issues.

Cheers,

- bit-shifter

valniro

10 Jun 2019, 19:23

bit-shifter wrote:
Hey Valniro,

Could you let me know when you sent a refund request (and your order number, DM is fine)? Perhaps I'll be able to chase it down.

Cheers,

- bit-shifter
PM sent.

SolidCactus

10 Jun 2019, 19:35

bit-shifter wrote:
Hey Valniro,

Cheers,

- bit-shifter
I have also sent you PM if that's ok?

I have been waiting since Sept for a refund unfortunately.

valniro

12 Jun 2019, 18:48

@bit-shifter do you have any news?

Luna
Alt255

27 Jun 2019, 06:46

Does anyone have a round 5/6 HoneyB 225 blue Return key for sale?

valniro

27 Jun 2019, 16:50

@bit-shifter, can you please provide a feedback?

Iggy

02 Jul 2019, 17:10

I've asked for a refund last year September 11th and still no reply. But I'm sure this is all perfectly normal and I only have to wait a few rmore years.

valniro

02 Jul 2019, 17:29

Same, bit-shifter vanished aswell

valniro

14 Jul 2019, 10:34

@7bit @bit-shifter guys, you know what? I'm getting tired of this game. I want my money back, and I'm sure anyone else whom asked for a refund does too. So either you show me some real progress on this within the next 2 weeks or I'm going to the authorities to report all the facts. It is very sad to have to use such extreme solutions, especially within this community.

bit-shifter

14 Jul 2019, 12:03

Hi all,

Just a quick not to say I haven't disappeared and am not likely to - life has been busy (read incredibly/intolerably so) and this has not been something I could prioritise - and for that I apologise.

@valniro contacted me off-channel this morning and we have discussed the situation.

The transaction details that I've received (from @valniro and a couple of others) are from before my time as a collector, so will have to rely on 7bit's tracking to get a complete picture of what's happened - i.e why the refund request wasn't actioned - whether it was missed...

A message has been sent to @7bit requesting information on how I can proceed (it has to be understood that I cannot and will not be refunding money without his consent).

I'll follow up as and when I have more news.

Cheers,
- bit-shifter

Luna
Alt255

14 Jul 2019, 14:47

I'm still hoping Algol will be produced, very interested in the Cream and Grey sets.
Any chance 7bit would collaborate with Massdrop?

bit-shifter

14 Jul 2019, 15:52

I'm also hopeful for this set/s to be produced (and have faith that it will) - I have kits on order for subsequent algol rounds.

Personally, I'd be disappointed if this were to be run as a drop collaboration. There's an appeal about this GB being handled in the traditional ad-hoc fashion - the road is not always easy, but this only adds to its charm.

R4WBIT

12 Aug 2019, 09:35

bit-shifter wrote:
14 Jul 2019, 12:03
Hi all,

Just a quick not to say I haven't disappeared and am not likely to - life has been busy (read incredibly/intolerably so) and this has not been something I could prioritise - and for that I apologise.

@valniro contacted me off-channel this morning and we have discussed the situation.

The transaction details that I've received (from @valniro and a couple of others) are from before my time as a collector, so will have to rely on 7bit's tracking to get a complete picture of what's happened - i.e why the refund request wasn't actioned - whether it was missed...

A message has been sent to @7bit requesting information on how I can proceed (it has to be understood that I cannot and will not be refunding money without his consent).

I'll follow up as and when I have more news.

Cheers,
- bit-shifter
Any new information about this? Been about a month since you contacted 7bit.

jacobavenkraft

26 Aug 2019, 15:20

It would be nice if 7bit could just poke his head in here and give us a nod that he's still around.

bit-shifter

26 Aug 2019, 15:37

Hello to all,

There has been no response from 7bit as yet.
As soon as I hear from him, this thread will be the first to know.

Unless he replies here first, that is!

The money I'm holding on account is not mine, and so can't make refund decisions.

For the record, I also have keys pending delivery.

Iggy

27 Aug 2019, 14:06

:roll:

anorak

10 Oct 2019, 11:57

Hello,

any news from 7bit?
Is he still reading here?
Is this group buy dead?

PlastikSchnittstelle

03 Jan 2020, 15:37

any news?

Wintermute1974
Tessier-Ashpool S.A.

03 Jan 2020, 22:16

PlastikSchnittstelle wrote:
03 Jan 2020, 15:37
any news?
I wish for news too.

R4WBIT

16 Mar 2020, 15:55

One last bump before I lose all hope :(

PlastikSchnittstelle

16 Mar 2020, 17:07

I have already lost all hope.
But for sure I'm not just gonna let this fly.
Promised!

megabacon

10 Apr 2020, 03:16

Is this still happening? I am not looking for a refund if it is, but I would appreciate an update.

kconfire

27 Apr 2020, 14:43

Has the R7 shipped yet at all????

I know I was in for the long wait but I've been waiting for 2-3 years If I'm not mistaken....

At least give me some update on WHEN it will be shipped?

megabacon

18 Jun 2020, 12:00

@7bit / @bit-shifter

The bot does not seem to be responding to my email commands or PMs. Can you give it a kick?

FamicomFanaticom

28 Jul 2020, 02:26

So was this a scam? So disappointing, this was my first group buy and probably my last. I keep checking back every couple months in case any news came through, hard to admit this seems over and my money is gone.

valniro

28 Jul 2020, 10:48

FamicomFanaticom wrote:
28 Jul 2020, 02:26
So was this a scam?
He hasn't replied for more than a year, of course it was a scam.

Mr. J

01 Aug 2020, 15:09

At least till Round 7... I bought stuff at Round 6 and after a couple of years waiting I got it delivered... 😒

eatanygoodbooks

26 Aug 2020, 03:13

I wish we could still buy the leftovers as those are already made and are presumably sitting around. I regret not buying more red caps in 2018.

Oblotzky

10 Feb 2021, 17:59

guys I think we got scammed, just a hunch tho

Return to “Group buys”