Round 7 / ALGOL-style / Deadline 2018-11-30

Menuhin

27 Nov 2017, 23:54

Well, I mean, because my eyes are on those older production key caps on Micro Switch boards, to me, Signature Plastic and MaxKey are, meh, quite similar at their level of quality.

MaxKey should (and could) spend more money and time on creating some mold as massive and pleasing as the older Honeywell / Micro Switch key caps, if they want to win over higher share of consumers by proving themselves, e.g. deeper scoop in their sculpts, clearer double-shot fonts, thicker wall, etc. Competition is a good thing. :mrgreen:

kconfire

30 Nov 2017, 19:59

Hey everyone,

How did you guys from the US end up paying for SEPA invoice?
Is there a company that does a transfer to SEPA accounts or did you direct bank wire transfer into the specified account listed on SEPA invoice?

Please help! I'm in NJ, USA.
Thanks!

User avatar
TheEerieCold

01 Dec 2017, 04:40

I'm in the same boat. I'd love to order some stuff but I'm in the USA as well.

kconfire

01 Dec 2017, 15:55

Hi all,

I received an invoice but I am lost how I could pay the invoice here.
If I have the right information I can do a Direct International Bank Transfer or use PayPal as well.

My body and wallet are ready! How do I pay this invoice from the US guys?
Help me!!!

Below is part of the invoice I got which I have no idea where the money should be sent to...

Pay:
410.80 USD
\___________ Amount to be paid within 7 days via PayPal in USD (no gift!)
To:
nobody (--)
\___________ Send money for Service!!
Not as Gift or Goods!!
Text:
<Order Info> kconfire
\___________ Please, use this and only this text
and do not add any fluff!!!

Otherwise, you will not get any key caps!!!

Thank you for your order!

kconfire

01 Dec 2017, 16:05

LightningXI wrote: I just paid for some leftovers from R5 and R6. When do those ship?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Hey there!

Would you please help me with paying my 7bit invoice?
It's telling me I have 7 days to pay this invoice and I have no clue as to how I can pay this invoice with no instructions about SEPA...

I would like to know how I can request for SEPA invoice and how I can pay SEPA invoice afterwards.
Is International Bank Transfer going to work to pay SEPA invoice?

Thanks for any help guys..

User avatar
zslane

01 Dec 2017, 18:49

You can ignore the 7 days payment part. 7bit won't clear your order for a few months, at least, even if you don't pay right away. So you can relax and just wait for a new PayPal collector to show up. At that time you should get a new invoice with instructions for who to send your PayPal payment to. Until then, don't sweat it and just wait.

kconfire

01 Dec 2017, 18:57

zslane wrote: You can ignore the 7 days payment part. 7bit won't clear your order for a few months, at least, even if you don't pay right away. So you can relax and just wait for a new PayPal collector to show up. At that time you should get a new invoice with instructions for who to send your PayPal payment to. Until then, don't sweat it and just wait.
Hi there,

Thanks for your thoughts. I suppose I can wait for a while until I hear back from 7bit or when there is going to be a new PayPal collector...

Really crossing my fingers to get in on this SA R7!!
Thanks and have a nice day.

kconfire

11 Dec 2017, 02:46

Thanks all!
I was finally able to pay the PayPal invoice. :)

Now the waiting game starts!

djpohly

11 Dec 2017, 16:12

Are the errors in the ASCII keycaps (pointed out in this post) going to be fixed for printing or are we stuck with them? Love the idea, but I don't want to order them if they're going to be wrong!

User avatar
TheEerieCold

12 Dec 2017, 01:31

kconfire wrote: Thanks all!
I was finally able to pay the PayPal invoice. :)

Now the waiting game starts!
Wait so is there a someone who takes Paypal payments now? I'd really like to order some stuff!

kconfire

12 Dec 2017, 07:30

TheEerieCold wrote:
kconfire wrote: Thanks all!
I was finally able to pay the PayPal invoice. :)

Now the waiting game starts!
Wait so is there a someone who takes Paypal payments now? I'd really like to order some stuff!
There is someone who is collecting money, at least for now.

User avatar
j0d1

12 Dec 2017, 19:07

kconfire wrote:There is someone who is collecting money, at least for now.
Who?

kconfire

13 Dec 2017, 01:33

j0d1 wrote:
kconfire wrote:There is someone who is collecting money, at least for now.
Who?
Not sure if I can post that info here, but if you send a message to 7bot you'll probably get information on how to send money to this person I guess..

User avatar
Luna
Alt255

03 Feb 2018, 11:26

Does “collecting money now” mean now is the time to order as later will be too late?
But since my payment of leftovers from yesterday will still be open in the system I guess that might be a problem with shipping costs for one shipment only, no?

Menuhin

03 Feb 2018, 16:39

Luna wrote: Does “collecting money now” mean now is the time to order as later will be too late?
But since my payment of leftovers from yesterday will still be open in the system I guess that might be a problem with shipping costs for one shipment only, no?
For your own health, you should have R6 shipped separately first, R6 is indeed made and at 7bit’s place ready to be shipped.
If you want to wait for R7 to be shipped together, you are looking into potentially Q3/4 2019, or even 2020.

User avatar
Luna
Alt255

03 Feb 2018, 17:17

Menuhin wrote: For your own health, you should have R6 shipped separately first, R6 is indeed made and at 7bit’s place ready to be shipped.
If you want to wait for R7 to be shipped together, you are looking into potentially Q3/4 2019, or even 2020.
Ah, no, that's not what I meant at all.
I ordered some leftovers from round 6 and paid for them 2 days ago.
I have an order ready for round 7 which I know could be even 3 years away from now.
But if I place an order for round 7 now, it gets added to the same bill.
So that could mess things up as the bot probably isn't aware of the payment yet.
I wonder if I have to wait until the bot has calculated the payment in (I guessI'll be able to see that via wassup) or if I better wait until my r6 order arrives before placing the r7 order.

User avatar
zslane

03 Feb 2018, 18:04

If you add a kit named SHIPNOW to your order, then 7bit will ship anything on your invoice that he currently has in stock, and future products (like Round 7) won't hold them up.

User avatar
Luna
Alt255

03 Feb 2018, 18:06

zslane wrote: If you add a kit named SHIPNOW to your order, then 7bit will ship anything on your invoice that he currently has in stock, and future products (like Round 7) won't hold them up.
Ah, that's what shipnow is for. I thought it was for getting on the bot's nerves. :mrgreen:

Menuhin

03 Feb 2018, 19:16

Meet 7bot - 7bit's robotic maid.
Image

User avatar
Luna
Alt255

03 Feb 2018, 19:19

Hey! I got one just like that! :D

Vewy_nice

05 Feb 2018, 15:08

I'm new to this whole self-torture thing called Round-X group buys...

If the purple/cream are going to be produced first, those will be ready in, what, 2020 ish?

What if I want blue/cream? Will I be waiting until I'm an old man, or do the other colors usually follow soon after?
Or should I just suck it up and eat purple for breakfast in 2 years?

And all this assuming that this is still a whole mess where the rules are made-up and the dates don't matter, and round 7 is still open for business?

Is it official if SP has finally said ENOUGH OF THIS NONSENSE or not?

User avatar
caligo

05 Feb 2018, 15:35

Vewy_nice wrote: I'm new to this whole self-torture thing called Round-X group buys...

If the purple/cream are going to be produced first, those will be ready in, what, 2020 ish?
There's really no timeline. But judging by how Round 5 and 6 went, that's as good an estimate as any.
Vewy_nice wrote: What if I want blue/cream? Will I be waiting until I'm an old man, or do the other colors usually follow soon after?
Or should I just suck it up and eat purple for breakfast in 2 years?
You should be able to see what colors are the most popular ones in the invoice you got in the mail. If blue/cream is the next most ordered one, then it will be next in line. If Round 7 is ever produced, that is.
Vewy_nice wrote: And all this assuming that this is still a whole mess where the rules are made-up and the dates don't matter, and round 7 is still open for business?

Is it official if SP has finally said ENOUGH OF THIS NONSENSE or not?
The last official word from SP is that they are done with these GBs for "the foreseeable future", but it's not entirely clear what that means. Also, that statement has since been removed from their webpage. 7bit is acting like the whole thing is still on track, so maybe it just means wait times are really long. It's anyone's guess really. But SP are still taking orders from anyone willing to pay, judging by their website. So unless 7bit is blacklisted or something, there ought to be some way of placing the order – it might just be that the terms differ from previous rounds, e.g. SP wanting all the money in advance.

Vewy_nice

05 Feb 2018, 17:49

With SP digging out their DSS profile, I'm not sure they're fed up with the niche community as a whole... I was always under the impression it was just the way these particular rounds get run that was rubbing them the wrong way.

I might just wait and try and hop on the round 7 leftovers right when they come out... I don't need a new keyset that bad... I can't even decide what I want for dinner, let alone a keyset I'm going to want in 2 years haha

User avatar
caligo

05 Feb 2018, 18:49

Vewy_nice wrote: With SP digging out their DSS profile, I'm not sure they're fed up with the niche community as a whole... I was always under the impression it was just the way these particular rounds get run that was rubbing them the wrong way.

I might just wait and try and hop on the round 7 leftovers right when they come out... I don't need a new keyset that bad... I can't even decide what I want for dinner, let alone a keyset I'm going to want in 2 years haha
Yes, that's exactly it – and I could probably have put things more clearly. SP loves the niche stuff – as long as they can deal with Massdrop, or some other company that pulls a huge number of buyers and provides some level of predictability and accountability.

7bit is reliable in the sense that he gets things done, but the timeframe he gives you is, well, basically 'it's done when it's done'. That, and the money being sent through a bunch of proxies, propbably doesn't really go that well with a corporate mindset.

In the past, SP had no choice but to deal with people like 7bit. Nowadays they don't have to – they can fill their pipeline with MD stuff for years to come, and just be a corporation dealing with other corporations and doing corporate stuff. It sucks, but I guess that's capitalism for you. ;-)

Menuhin

05 Feb 2018, 22:05

SP Melissa:

7bit:
The right way, I'll try.

arsenics

27 Feb 2018, 05:21

Is it still possible to place orders for r7?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

User avatar
Luna
Alt255

27 Feb 2018, 06:50

Yep, never mind the once posted deadline is what I heard.

User avatar
green-squid

27 Feb 2018, 09:15

I tried to make a B emoji meme but it's so good it breaks DT :twisted:
Attachments
gfds.png
gfds.png (63.8 KiB) Viewed 586 times

User avatar
Oblotzky

03 Mar 2018, 20:00

Btw slightly sad the space cadet hands and roman numerals aren't available in this round ;)

User avatar
Techno Trousers
100,000,000 actuations

04 Mar 2018, 00:03

Against my better judgement I'm thinking about ordering. Since I'm so late to jump in, I guess it's best to order my choice of VIOLETT sets at this time, then when the next popular color is announced order that if I'm interested?

Post Reply

Return to “Group buys”