[IC] DSA Sencha

dollarkoin

10 Nov 2016, 01:41

Massdrop Poll: https://www.massdrop.com/vote/-Product- ... aps/result

Figured I may as well spread the IC to Deskthority and see if I can drum up some interest! First time here, be gentle :D

DSA Sencha
Based off the hues and origins of Sencha, a Japanese green tea, SA Sencha has light green (VAV) + dark green (VF) mods alongside it's yellow-white (YCC) alphas. Sencha is an ABS set.
The add-ons (as of now) are some novelties (which I would especially appreciate feedback on), a numpad kit, icon mods, an Ergodox kit, a Planck kit, a ISO kit, a JD40/MiniVan kit, and a alternate number row featuring the numbers and symbols in Kanji.

Base Kit

Icon Mods

UDPATED: Novelties

Alternate Number Row

Numpad

ISO Kit

Ergodox Kit

UPDATED (AGAIN): Planck Kit

UPDATED: Tsangan Kit

NEW: MiniVan/JD40 Kit

NEW: Homing Kit

Sample 60%

Worklog:
11/3/16: Initial IC
11/6/16: Updated with JD40/MiniVan kit
11/7/16: Updated Planck Kit with extra shift and "tea" key, updated Tsangan kit with 2x1u Alt keys, a 1.5u Control, and a 1.5u Alt.
11/8/16: Updated Novelties with GeekHack and /r/MechanicalKeyboards keys, and added Homing Kit
11/8/16: ADDED MASSDROP POLL, GO VOTE!
11/9/16: Changed Planck Kit: Removed arrow keys (already come in base set) and added a beige and a dark green space bar. Fixing Homing kit

]To Do List:
-Finalize kits
-Get 2D renders
-Get 3D renders
-Get info on pricing and timeline
-Figure out where to try to sell
-Collect and implement suggestions
-Start Massdrop Poll
-Update Tsangan kit to include missing keys for HHKB and WKL layouts: 2x1u Alt keys, a 1.5u Control, and a 1.5u Alt.

Questions for You:
-Interested in buying?
-DSA or SA? (or GMK?)
-Thoughts on the kits?
-Do you like the novelties? What novelties do you think need to be added?
-Did I mess anything up?

kbdfr
The Tiproman

10 Nov 2016, 11:20

Not interested (I don't understand why so many people feel compelled to design still another coloured set anyway),
but I'd like to point out to you that this place, where you registered just in order to start this interest check,
is neither Geekhack nor /r/mk, but Deskthority, also known as DT.

Considering that your set contains a pair of both Geekhack and /r/mk keycaps,
I find it quite silly, and in fact almost offensive, from you to ask us:
dollarkoin wrote: […] What novelties do you think need to be added? […]
Spoiler:
signed: grumpy chocolate bar :mrgreen:

ohaimark
Kingpin

10 Nov 2016, 11:26

Not interested. Pre-yellowed keycaps seem a bit ludicrous to me.

I like tea, though. Particularly Jasmine.

cookie

10 Nov 2016, 11:37

I am a total sucker for colorful caps, at the end I will always return to my beloved HHKB white blanks. This is where I feel home, this is where I like to be.

That "Sencha" is not my cup of tea, I am more of a Darjeeling guy.

*yes low pun was intended*

kbdfr
The Tiproman

10 Nov 2016, 11:49

ohaimark wrote: […] Pre-yellowed keycaps […]

ohaimark
Kingpin

10 Nov 2016, 12:14

;) Glad to provide a laugh.

I think these caps would look good on an organic keyboard case. Hardwood or bamboo would be necessary for the warm tones to make sense.

caligo

12 Nov 2016, 08:50

Would look really neat on that bamboo Xmit hall effect keyboard that's up on Massdrop now. Not sure how it would look with a more traditional case though – a light beige is fine, but this is a bit too yellow for me.

I really like the japanese/chinese numrow though. But would SP really be able to get those fine details right?

ohaimark
Kingpin

12 Nov 2016, 10:44

That's what I was thinking too. I was a beta tester for those keyboards. Black Cherry doubleshots also look quite nice on them.

Return to “Group buys”