Electronics Plus Mini EU Group Buy. CLOSED

andrewjoy

12 Nov 2016, 20:50

We are into the last week of this GB, order now to save on shipping, if you miss this GB you will have to order alone , not only will you not be cool like everyone in this group buy , but you will have to pay more shipping !

Hi All.

Off the back of the AEK1 thread i am going to run a mini group buy from electronics plus (https://www.elecshopper.com/
), nothing large max of 20-25 total items.

So far we have the AEK1 List and i know that there was talk of some Chickony keyboards also

Applet 1 Sweden
duynguyenle 1 UK
gogusrl 2 Romania
Andrewjoy 1 UK
Fohat 1 US

I have created a google form for you to fill in if you want anything ( AEK1 list people , you need to still fill this in)

https://goo.gl/forms/P8nPoR9CzYt8nf4f2

The plan is as follows.

Create a list of required items.
Once we have filled out quota (20-25 items) i collect money from buyers.
I pay electronics plus
Items will be shipped to me
I get shipping quotes for you all + a share of import tax from US > UK
I ship out to you your item.

I think the best way to do this is to split US > UK shipping and taxes per item.

Estimated shipping WITHOUT tax , is about $20 USD per keyboard, this assumes 20 items, the less we order the more per item shipping will cost.
Last edited by andrewjoy on 11 Dec 2016, 12:00, edited 5 times in total.

scottc

12 Nov 2016, 21:19

Hey andrewjoy, if I give you a keyboard could you estimate how much it would be with a portion of UK shipping, taxes, etc + forward shipping in the UK? I'd like one of these guys: https://www.elecshopper.com/ansi-white- ... board.html but only depending on price since I don't have much spare cash right now.

andrewjoy

13 Nov 2016, 01:54

I will have to estimate that yes.

You will not be disappointed , they are one of my favorite boards, would be using it now if i had not broken the converter i built for it.

Applet

13 Nov 2016, 15:04

Filled out the form, thanks for running this :)

duynguyenle

13 Nov 2016, 20:27

Filled form for an AEK! Shame I don't have enough funds at the moment to get the Alps Green Wyse board as well :(

Scarpia

13 Nov 2016, 20:48

I just went back to my switch collection and after a little comparison clicking I am all but convinced that Montereys are my favorite clicky switch, comfortably ahead of blue Alps SKCM and narrowly beating amber Omrons and KPTs.

Also, out of curiosity I popped one in a Cherry MX plate I had lying around. Montereys aren't pin compatible with MX obviously, but the switches fit very snugly in a Cherry MX plate. Just saying ;)

HzFaq

13 Nov 2016, 21:19

Just a quick heads up for anyone getting AEK's, I just scrapped a load of AEK's myself so if anyone needs any replacement keycaps I have loads kicking around; most of an ANSI set and an ISO set missing the alphas at least. Drop me a message if you need anything.

andrewjoy

14 Nov 2016, 01:02

HzFaq wrote: Just a quick heads up for anyone getting AEK's, I just scrapped a load of AEK's myself so if anyone needs any replacement keycaps I have loads kicking around; most of an ANSI set and an ISO set missing the alphas at least. Drop me a message if you need anything.
Wait , you scraped AEK1's You evil man :P.

I will let you know the condition of them when they arrive and what if anything is needed

elecplus

14 Nov 2016, 04:09

All of mine have all the caps :D

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

14 Nov 2016, 05:25

scottc wrote: Hey andrewjoy, if I give you a keyboard could you estimate how much it would be with a portion of UK shipping, taxes, etc + forward shipping in the UK? I'd like one of these guys: https://www.elecshopper.com/ansi-white- ... board.html but only depending on price since I don't have much spare cash right now.
Same here Andrew. Give us a quote please. Interested.

duynguyenle

14 Nov 2016, 19:09

HzFaq wrote: Just a quick heads up for anyone getting AEK's, I just scrapped a load of AEK's myself so if anyone needs any replacement keycaps I have loads kicking around; most of an ANSI set and an ISO set missing the alphas at least. Drop me a message if you need anything.
PM'd, please get back to me when you have time :D

andrewjoy

16 Nov 2016, 11:00

I will have a look at estimating postage cost, keep in mind that it will not be 100% accurate.

We also need more boards , so have a look on that website folks, there is also a full spreadsheet if thats your thing.

Keep in mind it may not be up to date if something has sold

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... =990653112

lancre

16 Nov 2016, 13:55

If only those NIB Chicony SMKs weren't the ones with the flippin' trackball. Really want to try Monterey switches.

I'm quite interested in the square badge early Model M (1390120, so no lock lights). I wonder if it comes with the original cable? Those glossy black cables are really nice. Not sure about it at the moment because some people tell me about it having a different 'feel' to 'normal' Model Ms. Is that true?

It'd be my first Model M. I'm also in the UK, so... convenient for the Group Buy.

kawasaki161

16 Nov 2016, 17:13

lancre wrote: If only those NIB Chicony SMKs weren't the ones with the flippin' trackball. Really want to try Monterey switches.
That trackball really does make the board a lot worse, right? It's one of the reasons I didn't sign up for one, even though those are NIB Monterey Blues.

I hope I entered in time to still get an AEK, oranges...mhhhh

lancre

17 Nov 2016, 01:52

Hey Andrew. Can you add me onto the list of people for a rough estimate of contribution to the GB shipping + forwarding to Nottingham please? Unfortunately the one I want is about as heavy as a Brezhnev-era kettle bell.

https://www.elecshopper.com/ibm-1390120 ... board.html

Elecplus: I'll PM you about this - maybe you can put it on hold for me?

lancre

19 Nov 2016, 11:38

I'm in for the Model M.

kawasaki161

20 Nov 2016, 12:58

Sooo, uh... How is the status right now?

andrewjoy

20 Nov 2016, 14:04

Still looking for more takers at the moment .

will have a look at postage today for you all

lancre

20 Nov 2016, 15:19

If it gets to the stage where it's lagging due to lack of takers, I'll get another board. Those terminal boards with the colourful legends and vintage MX Blacks look tempting as donor boards for $25.

PollandAkuma

20 Nov 2016, 18:01

Done! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

andrewjoy

20 Nov 2016, 23:29

Estimated shipping WITHOUT tax , is about $20 USD per board , this is calculated at postage for 20 random boards from the site.

Please note that the less boards we order the more postage will be per board , that is why this only works if we get 15 - 20 boards.

We are at about 6 boards now ,

kawasaki161

20 Nov 2016, 23:37

andrewjoy wrote: We are at about 6 boards now ,
Shouldn't it be 12 boards then? You already stated 6 AEK's from before you opened the form. While we are at the AEK's, did I make it in time for one of the two remaining boards?

I'm actually baffled that such a small amount of people are interested in this opportunity, the standard shipping for ONE board is $60 for crying out loud, this is a great opportunity. I'd order more boards if I could, but my wallet says no :(

andrewjoy

21 Nov 2016, 00:07

I think some of the people who wanted AEKs originally have not filled out the form yet

PollandAkuma

21 Nov 2016, 00:19

Andrew did you get my order? I am from the UK too.

andrewjoy

21 Nov 2016, 00:28

yes i did

lancre

22 Nov 2016, 22:55

Is it worth cross-posting this on GeekHack / mechmarket to get more interest?

andrewjoy

23 Nov 2016, 00:21

I don't have an account on Geekhack since the very first attack where it got wiped. You are welcome to post on there and let them know about it.

I would however need a trusted DT and GH member to check things like post count and rep on GH for me.

lancre

24 Nov 2016, 01:55

I don't have the requisite number of posts on GH to start a new thread in that section of the site.

So... someone else will have to do the honours. Volunteers?

Applet

24 Nov 2016, 12:26

I'd be able to add a green alps board to the buy to help it run, should I add another entry to the google spreadsheet?
Keeb: Wyse 00-600-01 terminal keyboard

andrewjoy

24 Nov 2016, 13:13

Yes , add it on

Return to “Group buys”