Electronics Plus Mini EU Group Buy. CLOSED

kekstee

15 Apr 2017, 15:02

It's difficult to judge how well the individual boards are currently wrapped and what would be left if they were combined.

But how much would the shipping be if you just stacked the two boxes and tightly wrapped them together?

andrewjoy

15 Apr 2017, 16:32

you would save 15 GBP

I have had a dig around and found a larger box for you

Its not a nice new box but it should fit both.

kawasaki161

15 Apr 2017, 16:50

I'd prefer the combined shipping.

The price is just the one on the spreadsheet minus 15, correct?

Also, how are the PP fees handled?

kekstee

15 Apr 2017, 16:52

@andrew, cool, thanks. I'd like to make use of that.

andrewjoy

15 Apr 2017, 19:18

You both are now in one box (each)

Hurrarr

15 quid taken off your invoice ( it was already taken off for the one of you with an SSK)

kawasaki161

15 Apr 2017, 20:18

paid

Shinryuu

17 Apr 2017, 16:52

That price surprised me a bit. Well, time to pay.

EDIT1. Payment done!

andrewjoy

17 Apr 2017, 18:22

Your logged.

If a few people pay today i can book some shipping for tomorrow

kawasaki161

17 Apr 2017, 18:28

andrewjoy wrote: Your logged.

If a few people pay today i can book some shipping for tomorrow
I'm praying for it, would be really awesome if it was shipped tomorrow (might even arrive this week then, which means I could FINALLY complete my first alps custom).

snoopy

17 Apr 2017, 19:05

Paid. :)

t8c

17 Apr 2017, 20:58

Payment coming tomorrow

andrewjoy

18 Apr 2017, 01:19

cool , i trust you.

will add you to the shipping list and get some labels printed tomorrow :) for the first batch

andrewjoy

18 Apr 2017, 14:41

Sorting labels now , you will get a PM with shipping details soon.

You Finland people have strange addresses .

addresses should be little endian , not big endian !

i need a guide !

t8c

18 Apr 2017, 14:59

Paid!

andrewjoy

18 Apr 2017, 15:00

You Just got in before i left for the post office !!

andrewjoy

18 Apr 2017, 15:17

the flowing have shipped today

t8c
kawasaki161
seebart
shinryuu
pansku
bryan (none DT user , for my reference)

jolzre

19 Apr 2017, 06:45

Paid! :)

andrewjoy

19 Apr 2017, 09:34

Guys there has been a slight error in shipping. 2 items have gone to the wrong people.

I have PMed the people involved, and i will cover all costs they will incur for shipping the item to its owner.

This was caused by a error on my list and me rushing to get the items out yesterday.

The error was as folows.

2 Keyboards although very different looked similar on my list
ERROR 1 an old wyse and a re branded wyse
ERROR 2 M122 caps and an M122.

I cannot apologize enough.

The following will ship today

Snoopy
kekstee

P.S , I think i am going to submit myself for a ping award this year.

andrewjoy

19 Apr 2017, 21:17

The website i use to ship was down this morning so you will have your shipping numbers soon , sorry.

andrewjoy

20 Apr 2017, 22:23

Bump

Still a few left to pay.

Need to get this done.

kawasaki161

24 Apr 2017, 14:56

Just got my boards in. While I'm happy that the AEK2 had salmons, the `~ cap on the AEK1 sadly broke :(, the switches on that one also feel really bad :(.

Ah well, that's what happens with such old tech, I'm just glad it's finally here.

andrewjoy

24 Apr 2017, 15:12

i can send you a spare cap for that, it wont be as nice as the apple one but its better than nothing.

With the switches feeling bad.

There are several issues that may need to be looked at.

1. The switch is dusty
2. The switch slider is worn and or dirty
3. The tactile leaf is worn

1. This one is easy to solve, simple. disassemble each switch , keeping the spring , slider , top and tactile leaf to one side. Once all switches have been dissembled use a air compressor or canned air and give the switch a very good dusting and then re-assemble.

2. Similar to the above but you may need to de-solder. Clean the sliders and switch tops in an ultrasonic cleaner (best) or with warm soapy water, then rinse in clean ideally pure water, let dry. Follow steps above. Then lube the sides of the slider and the parts of the top they move in.

3. If the switch has lost its tactility this can be retuned by slightly increasing the angle of the tactile leaf, i have never done this but there was a video about it done by Chyrosran and appears to work.

EDIT , i have just tested this on my AEK and the tactility fix makes a massive difference , the arrow keys on mine where almost linear, the one switch i tested it on is very tactile now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Mhmb2kBuwQ

This video covers most of the above apart form cleaning the sliders.
Last edited by andrewjoy on 24 Apr 2017, 16:07, edited 1 time in total.

kawasaki161

24 Apr 2017, 15:35

Thanks for the tips, I'll definitely try that, I hope it's just dust and not worn, I've got some worn oranges in another board and even after a tremendous amount of cleaning and lubing they still feel a lot worse than the salmons in the AEK2 now do.

Also, you don't have to send me a spare cap, I've got enough odd ones around for that, thanks for the offer though.

andrewjoy

24 Apr 2017, 15:51

I have 2 SGI boards that where super bad, an ultrasonic really does help, the one i cleaned whist still a bit scratchy vs say green alps is much much better than the one i have not , they where that dirty you could hardly press them.

I feel that the dampend switches can be much worse as the rubber gets dirty / worn faster.

I soaked mine in WD40 brand PTFE lube for a few weeks. Still not as new , but much better

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

24 Apr 2017, 15:58

Anyone buying Alps SKCL/SKCM series switches should be aware of the very probable possibility of buying switches that feel less than great and that cannot be restored 100%. I guess we could call it the Alps Joker. Good work with this GB andrewjoy!

andrewjoy

24 Apr 2017, 16:09

seebart wrote: Anyone buying Alps SKCL/SKCM series switches should be aware of the very probable possibility of buying switches that feel less than great and that cannot be restored 100%. I guess we could call it the Alps Joker. Good work with this GB andrewjoy!
Thats known as the "thats what Matias are for" problem. Thats what i am doing for my second SGI. I cannot be arsed cleaning 101 alps , lubeing them and putting them back together again.

Its better than cherry , they come new feeling less than great .

seebart

24 Apr 2017, 16:14

andrewjoy wrote:
seebart wrote: Anyone buying Alps SKCL/SKCM series switches should be aware of the very probable possibility of buying switches that feel less than great and that cannot be restored 100%. I guess we could call it the Alps Joker. Good work with this GB andrewjoy!
Thats known as the "thats what Matias are for" problem. Thats what i am doing for my second SGI. I cannot be arsed cleaning 101 alps , lubeing them and putting them back together again.
When fantasict feeling and sounding vintage Alps SKCL/SKCM series switches are the goal I'd say the "thats what Matias are for" is more of a option, but still better than no option at all that's for sure.

andrewjoy

24 Apr 2017, 16:23

Oh i agree but new matas > worn out alps.

So if you love a board or its layout but the switches are shit , you have options .

Just like if there is a cherry board and you can take the crappy modern cherry switches out of it and put some nice vintage badboys in it or some new ( and superior) clones.

seebart

24 Apr 2017, 16:29

Right, with Cherry there are more options though. When the clones start getting better than the original it's time to try the asian competition.

duynguyenle

25 Apr 2017, 00:01

Shoot I didn't realise there were new updates. I'll sort out my payment this coming Friday. Thanks for your patience.

Return to “Group buys”