IBM Model M Replacement Badges - SELLING LEFTOVERS

ekeppel

22 May 2017, 16:45

ramnes wrote: Do you still have the badges that were supposed to go with the MF GB or did you send them to lot_lizard already? :roll:
I was wondering the same thing. Since the Model MF project has been put on indefinite hold and refunds are being issued, we won't be receiving them through lot_lizard as originally planned.

Wingpad

22 May 2017, 16:46

The badges were sent to lot_lizard months ago. I messaged him as soon as I heard the news about the MF GB and hopefully we can get some sort of resolution here. Unfortunately, offering refunds on these badges would be rather awkward for me at the moment (the money has long been spent, somewhere in the ballpark of $300-400, and I do not want to end up with hundreds of badges that I have no use for) but I am going to try to do what I can to get some sort of resolution here, either by shipping out the badges myself or... something. As of now I do not have a plan but I will get back to you guys as soon as I do.

Step 1 is either getting the badges back from lot_lizard or having him take over the shipping process. If I get the badges back, you guys will get invoices for the shipping costs if you still want to participate and I will handle distributing them. If I am unable to get the badges back... I am not immediately sure of what I will do. I may place another order with the PCB fab or try to foot the bill for getting refunds out to people. This development was unexpected so we will have to play it by ear as far as the plan going forward. I am sorry I do not have a better answer for you guys yet.

seebart
Offtopicthority Instigator

22 May 2017, 17:51

I have these left from my GB, I need to keep a few for myself PM me if you want one. :ugeek:
IMGP6062.JPG
IMGP6062.JPG (941.01 KiB) Viewed 13171 times

Wingpad

22 May 2017, 19:59

seebart wrote: I have these left from my GB, I need to keep a few for myself PM me if you want one. :ugeek:
IMGP6062.JPG
Thanks for your offer, seebart. I still have some leftovers that I can distribute on a first-come-first-serve basis as well. Not enough to meet all of the orders (at least on the full-size badges front, I may have enough SSK-size badges) but they should help. I would like to wait to hear back from lot_lizard first, though. Distributing them before then seems ill-advised to me, especially since there are not enough to go around.

Techno Trousers
100,000,000 actuations

22 May 2017, 21:34

FWIW, I'm fine to leave my badges with lot_lizard, since he's said he will definitely fire the project up again one day. I really only have use for them in the context of MF innards in a surplus industrial case from Unicomp, and it was only a few bucks anyway in the big scheme of things.

tentator

22 May 2017, 21:50

guys I'd be suggesting something more like let's keep all our fingers crossed for lot_lizard's son now for the time being.. let's give this some time, later this year we can update about the situation, what do you think? I'm totally fine to wait at least for mines.. ;)

I still feel shocked about the news but really think things can turn the good way.. just let's give some time..

tent:wq

seebart

22 May 2017, 21:59

I don't believe it's disrespectful to post some badges here, it's clear this project is on hold indefinitely for obvious reasons.

drevyek

22 May 2017, 22:07

Thanks seebart for the offer. I'm sure a couple people (maybe myself included) will take you up on it.

I don't think it's worth the hassle of tracking the badges down from LL. From me, it was only a couple bucks, and I ordered a bunch.

Our thoughts are with LL and his family. There isn't much more that we can do, anyways.

Wingpad

22 May 2017, 22:25

OK, well thanks for your input guys. I'll be in touch soon(TM) one way or another.

In the mean time, I too am wishing the best for lot_lizard and his family.

seebart

22 May 2017, 22:32

drevyek wrote: Thanks seebart for the offer. I'm sure a couple people (maybe myself included) will take you up on it.

I don't think it's worth the hassle of tracking the badges down from LL. From me, it was only a couple bucks, and I ordered a bunch.

Our thoughts are with LL and his family. There isn't much more that we can do, anyways.
Sure, as you can see I don't have too many left anyway.

Darkshado

23 May 2017, 07:13

Given the circumstances, my badges can certainly stay with lot_lizard for a while.

Vizir

23 May 2017, 15:01

Darkshado wrote:Given the circumstances, my badges can certainly stay with lot_lizard for a while.
This.

JP!

25 Jul 2017, 19:31

Does anyone here happen to have a couple of these badges for sale?

Wingpad

25 Jul 2017, 19:32

JP! wrote: Does anyone here happen to have a couple of these badges for sale?
I believe ohaimark mentioned that he had some.

ohaimark
Kingpin

25 Jul 2017, 23:30

I don't, sorry.

wobbled

25 Jul 2017, 23:51

I got a couple, PM me

All full size, no SSK badges because the order numbers for those were never released.
20170725_224454.jpg
20170725_224454.jpg (4.46 MiB) Viewed 12854 times

JP!

26 Jul 2017, 00:46

The full size will be perfect actually.

gianni

15 Sep 2017, 11:26

Is there anywhere an option to buy a square model f at badge? I could settle for a model m one eventually :)

Markmak

08 Dec 2017, 22:58

wobbled wrote: I got a couple, PM me

All full size, no SSK badges because the order numbers for those were never released.
20170725_224454.jpg
You got a PM from me, if still available...

jgaynor

27 Jan 2018, 03:19

20170725_224454.jpg
PM incoming if there are still any available.

Akaiji

24 Mar 2018, 02:02

20170725_224454.jpg
PM incoming.

ekeppel

24 Mar 2018, 02:05

I ordered and paid for a bunch of these but haven't heard anything on the MF project for a long time. I'd love to get them at some point.

timothyha

17 Aug 2018, 23:49

20170725_224454.jpg
Sent a PM, if still available of course.

seebart

18 Aug 2018, 00:59

I'll have a look if I still have a few of mine left but I doubt it. :roll:

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

30 Aug 2018, 14:29

ekeppel wrote: I ordered and paid for a bunch of these but haven't heard anything on the MF project for a long time. I'd love to get them at some point.
Wingpad? Did you talk with lot_lizard to get the badges back? :cry:

andrea-i

31 Aug 2018, 09:15

I keep seeing this thread bumped every now and then, any chance of a black logo still floating around for grub, I'd be interested in full size as well as ssk!

jonathandeclan

07 Oct 2019, 17:03

are there any replacements still available?

kmnov2017

14 Feb 2020, 15:16

wobbled wrote:
25 Jul 2017, 23:51
I got a couple, PM me

20170725_224454.jpg
Where does one order these ?

forty4420

18 Jul 2020, 23:11

Not my auction but, I did buy the 1st two as I have been waiting for months for these to come back available. They are finally here and I can get started modding my wife's new Model M.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/IBM-Model-M-In ... %7Ciid%3A1

ddrfraser1

19 Jul 2020, 01:44

forty4420 wrote:
18 Jul 2020, 23:11
Not my auction but, I did buy the 1st two as I have been waiting for months for these to come back available. They are finally here and I can get started modding my wife's new Model M.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/IBM-Model-M-In ... %7Ciid%3A1
Nice! Bought me 2. Was literally just thinking how good these would look on my platespring :D

Return to “Group buys”