Model MF - GB CLOSED

Pick our controller... Voting ends on Friday

The mini-xWhatsit that WCass shrunk down. It uses the same mini-controller design as Ellipse's F62/77, but with a connector meant to slip onto our PCB (inverted running parallel to the backplate)
31%
The CommonSense that DMA has recently put together. This is young yet, but has the most long term promise (not a question). It will have a very similar connector (possibly perpendicular vs. parallel slip-on mount)
69%

Total votes: 62

jorgenslee

25 May 2017, 20:24

Refund received. My sincere condolences to you and your family and hopefully things could be better about your kid's health.

wobbled

25 May 2017, 20:33

Refund received, cheers pal. Take care of yourself.

pcaro

25 May 2017, 20:54

Refund received. So sorry this ended. Reinvoce when your family better without problems

Enviado desde mi XT1635-02 mediante Tapatalk

alh84001
v.001

25 May 2017, 21:13

Refund received as well.

Everyone else said pretty much everything that's to be said, so, just hang on.

emdude
Model M Apologist

25 May 2017, 21:28

I've received a refund too, hope to see you soon, lot_lizard. :(

regack

25 May 2017, 21:41

I suddenly saw the refund notice and was confused, I haven't been checking in lately... I hope things get better, dedicate your time to your family - I'll be in again if/when you are able to pick this back up again.

Nuum

25 May 2017, 21:53

I got my refund earlier today. I hope everything gets well for you soon!

geniekid

25 May 2017, 21:58

Refund received. Hope your family situation improves man.

tentator

25 May 2017, 22:10

Also received the refund. L_L keep strong and put your time and efforts for your family now, the rest can wait without problems. My best wishes.

tent:wq

sethbc

25 May 2017, 22:16

Surprise refund received (I hadn't been checking in). You've obviously got your priorities right and I'm hopeful things start looking up for you soon. When this starts back up, count me in - until then best wishes to you and your family.

Best regards,

Seth

82d28a

25 May 2017, 23:49

I received the refund. Thank you for all your help and hard work. Best wishes to your family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darkshado

26 May 2017, 06:05

Got the refund today as well. Hopefully things will get better for you soon.

xyzzy

26 May 2017, 15:06

Refund received, thanks.

Best wishes to you and your beloved ones, hope everything gets back on track soon.

Spaceman1200

26 May 2017, 16:00

Got my refund, Thanks LL. Once again i am sorry for you and your family, you will in our prayers

Daniel

26 May 2017, 22:38

Received my refund as well. Again: thanks for unwinding this properly. And I wish you the best for your personal situation.

Colnor

27 May 2017, 17:24

Refund received. Your presence on DT and efforts on the MF project have been greatly appreciated. Keep in touch

idollar
i$

28 May 2017, 08:25

Refund received, take care of your family !!!!

lot_lizard

09 Jun 2017, 17:53

Just wanted everyone to know progress with baby girl is looking VERY optimistic. I really do appreciate the warm wishes. We are friends here I think (even if we are virtual acquaintances).

Again, we will certainly dust this off at a later date. Promise. We have a ton of parts sitting at home (about 15k worth), and I want it to have a happy home.

Random update... (and I should update the progress table, but haven't)... we officially have everything in hand except the DMA's controller, the PCBs, and the plates. All of which turn around fairly quickly (<3-4 weeks). When we do re-commence, we will be a short lived window like before (maybe a month). The costs will remain the same (+/- a handful of dollars). It's important to me that this sees fruition.

I would rather cover the costs up front this time, and wait until we have everything in hand before we restart the group buy. We know there is interest (with approximate numbers). One upside to all of this regarding design, we have made a couple of significant improvements to the foam design. I have added another layer (we are officially a three part foam now) and it makes a dramatic difference. It will add maybe 4-5 dollars per in bulk, but has legitimately made this the best the keyboard I have ever used. The inspiration came from needing a silencing technique because of the clatter from working in baby girl's hospital room. It has ZERO effect on tactile feel, but reduced spring volume immensely. I will give some detailed updates as we get closer.

Also, everyone should have received a full refund multiple weeks ago. If anyone is still struggling with payment, please post something here. I have MANY PMs to still look at from several weeks back that I will eventually attend to, but would rather you posted here if you are experiencing refund issues.

giokkk

09 Jun 2017, 18:00

This is a great update Brad, I'm really happy to know that things are going better with your baby girl!
After the storm the sun always shine!

A strong hug,

Giovanni

kurobuta

09 Jun 2017, 18:37

Glad to hear your daughter's doing well! Family and personal health always come first, but thanks for still taking the little precious time you have to continue working on this project!

just_add_coffee

09 Jun 2017, 18:52

Awesome to hear that your daughter's situation looks better!
lot_lizard wrote: JWhen we do re-commence, we will be a short lived window like before (maybe a month). The costs will remain the same (+/- a handful of dollars). It's important to me that this sees fruition.
Does this mean that people who completely missed out the first time (like me) can get in on this? Or would doing so bump out an original backer? I'd like to be a part of this, but not at the expense of someone who was there at the beginning.

DMA

09 Jun 2017, 18:56

Glad to see you back, lot_lizard!
Good to know your baby girl is recovering.

We'll wait as much as needed for you :)

Techno Trousers
100,000,000 actuations

09 Jun 2017, 19:40

What wonderful news all around! Welcome back, my friend. I'm looking forward to getting this hype train rolling again.

Scarpia

09 Jun 2017, 21:29

just_add_coffee wrote: Does this mean that people who completely missed out the first time (like me) can get in on this? Or would doing so bump out an original backer? I'd like to be a part of this, but not at the expense of someone who was there at the beginning.
I would also like to know this....... :?

snoopy

09 Jun 2017, 22:46

Great news. Welcome back! Really looking forward to all this.

Ir0n

09 Jun 2017, 23:58

My body is ready.

Khers

10 Jun 2017, 00:05

Welcome back, LL! These are the best news I've had all day!

fohat
Elder Messenger

10 Jun 2017, 02:05

Great to hear that the world is righting itself once again.

Topre Enthusiast

10 Jun 2017, 04:30

Welcome back, LL -- great news!
Now to start saving again for the refund I squandered almost immediately :)

Techno Trousers
100,000,000 actuations

10 Jun 2017, 06:07

002 wrote:Welcome back, LL -- great news!
Now to start saving again for the refund I squandered almost immediately :)
I kept mine on ice--I was hoping I'd need it again sooner rather than later! 8-)

Return to “Group buys”