Model MF - GB CLOSED

Pick our controller... Voting ends on Friday

The mini-xWhatsit that WCass shrunk down. It uses the same mini-controller design as Ellipse's F62/77, but with a connector meant to slip onto our PCB (inverted running parallel to the backplate)
31%
The CommonSense that DMA has recently put together. This is young yet, but has the most long term promise (not a question). It will have a very similar connector (possibly perpendicular vs. parallel slip-on mount)
69%

Total votes: 62

fohat
Elder Messenger

10 Jun 2017, 14:27

Techno Trousers wrote:
002 wrote:
Now to start saving again for the refund I squandered almost immediately
I kept mine on ice--I was hoping I'd need it again sooner rather than later!
Same here, I haven't touched a nickel of it but money is tight and it gets harder every day.

The sooner I can send it back to lot_lizard, the better.

Berardely

01 Jan 2018, 22:35

would you mind giving me some dimensioned part diagrams for the pcb and inner plates so that i could make my own one of these keyboards even though the group buy is over?

Beyond_The_End

04 Jan 2018, 02:04

Berardely wrote: would you mind giving me some dimensioned part diagrams for the pcb and inner plates so that i could make my own one of these keyboards even though the group buy is over?
I missed this to unfortunately, anyone considering giving up theirs?

fohat
Elder Messenger

04 Jan 2018, 02:34

Beyond_The_End wrote:
There aren't any. The project died on the vine before it actually came to life.

Techno Trousers
100,000,000 actuations

04 Jan 2018, 03:07

fohat wrote:
Beyond_The_End wrote:
There aren't any. The project died on the vine before it actually came to life.
Well, let's still say that the project is in hibernation. I know for sure that lot_lizard is still sitting on a LOT of parts. Considering the amount of time that's gone by, it's a good bet that there will be opportunities for new folks who want to get in if and when it starts up again. :D

green-squid

04 Mar 2018, 14:53

Hey i$! Do you have any PCBs left for a full size M?

scottc

04 Mar 2018, 14:57

green-squid wrote: Hey i$! Do you have any PCBs left for a full size M?
Wrong thread for i$. You're probably best sending a PM directly anyway.

green-squid

04 Mar 2018, 15:10

scottc wrote:
green-squid wrote: Hey i$! Do you have any PCBs left for a full size M?
Wrong thread for i$. You're probably best sending a PM directly anyway.
I can't find him anywhere! I can't message him because there's no user like that...

scottc

04 Mar 2018, 15:16

idollar-u6930/

You can also try to PM lot lizard (the OP of this thread) but he's been really busy recently and hasn't been around the forums.

green-squid

04 Mar 2018, 15:17

scottc wrote: idollar-u6930/

You can also try to PM lot lizard (the OP of this thread) but he's been really busy recently and hasn't been around the forums.
Got it! Thanks

green-squid

04 Mar 2018, 15:23

I have messaged him. Does he visit DT often?

E TwentyNine

04 Mar 2018, 15:47

green-squid wrote:

Someone usually bumps the thread every month or two, he knows the interest remains, no need to be PMing him.

Let him take his time, he'll get back around when the time's right.

green-squid

04 Mar 2018, 15:49

E TwentyNine wrote:
green-squid wrote:

Someone usually bumps the thread every month or two, he knows the interest remains, no need to be PMing him.

Let him take his time, he'll get back around when the time's right.
I hope he isn't gone because I will need to order my Model M assembly from Wodan (and a case from webwit) soon.

green-squid

04 Mar 2018, 16:50

Also, can I just screw or stick the PCB and the old switchplate together if I order the FEXT?

Nuum

04 Mar 2018, 16:56

Have a read: workshop-f7/f-ssk-t10744.html
And please use the edit button instead of posting multiple times in a row. The edit button is that small pencil symbol on the bottom right of your post.

green-squid

04 Mar 2018, 17:17

Nuum wrote: Have a read: workshop-f7/f-ssk-t10744.html
And please use the edit button instead of posting multiple times in a row. The edit button is that small pencil symbol on the bottom right of your post.
I see now! It looks easy as hell. I hope I won't have to solder a ton of wires (like the prototype).

I didn't edit my comment because nobody would see my edit.

alh84001
v.001

12 Apr 2018, 17:29

More than a month has passed, so bump bump :)

wobbled

12 Apr 2018, 17:39

Why are we bumping this?

green-squid

12 Apr 2018, 17:41

alh84001 wrote: More than a month has passed, so bump bump :)
A month has already passed since the last bump! Woah.

There is no chance of this project coming back from the looks of it, but hope that atleast the rich users here can get this conversion kit. ;)

wobbled

12 Apr 2018, 17:45

Just let him come back if / when he is ready to.

DMA

13 Apr 2018, 03:54

I'm unsubscribing. Those effing bumpers make keeping subscription active quite painful. Wake me up when there's actual activity.

drevyek

13 Apr 2018, 05:51

green-squid wrote:
alh84001 wrote: More than a month has passed, so bump bump :)
A month has already passed since the last bump! Woah.

There is no chance of this project coming back from the looks of it, but hope that atleast the rich users here can get this conversion kit. ;)
LL will return when he's ready. I'm not so impatient that I can't wait. It'll happen when it does, like most things.

It was paused for a very good reason, and will resume when it is ready to. Wishfully bumping is no real way to move things forward. You can make your own thread/project, but this one is what it is.

Hanslau

25 Sep 2020, 13:46

Paused forever it seems

Return to “Group buys”