Model MF - GB CLOSED

Pick our controller... Voting ends on Friday

The mini-xWhatsit that WCass shrunk down. It uses the same mini-controller design as Ellipse's F62/77, but with a connector meant to slip onto our PCB (inverted running parallel to the backplate)
31%
The CommonSense that DMA has recently put together. This is young yet, but has the most long term promise (not a question). It will have a very similar connector (possibly perpendicular vs. parallel slip-on mount)
69%

Total votes: 62

derzemel

22 May 2017, 16:57

I also recived the refund :(

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

XMIT
[ XMIT ]

22 May 2017, 17:06

:(

Stay well and ping me if you want to collaborate on anything in the future.

yangdaddy

22 May 2017, 17:12

i've never been so sorry to receive a refund in my life. my thoughts and best wishes go out to you and your child and your family. peace to you sir.

lot_lizard

22 May 2017, 17:15

Appreciate all of the kind words everyone. Make no mistake, we will pick this back up at some point. I am sitting on thousands in parts that have no real value other than this specific application. I should be able to complete the manufacturing out of pocket in the future, and then we would start the GB again (with all parts in hand before the buy... and maybe some pictures and videos this time :lol:)

A majority of you have been refunded in full. For the remainder, we will need to wait until PayPal processes the withdraw request from my bank. It appears that it will take 3-5 business days. Once received, I will finish refunding everyone.

Again... appreciate the kind words and warm thoughts.

andrewjoy

22 May 2017, 17:22

Thanks for being so fast , i wish you all the best.

I am sure things stuck but without knowing the situation thinks should hopefully get better in time.

Remember the following wise words

"When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give lot_lizard lemons! "

clickykeyboards

22 May 2017, 17:26

Refund from Lot Lizard LLC received ok.

Lot_lizard, let me know if I can help in the future or offer support in any way to bring this awesome idea to completion.

webwit
Wild Duck

22 May 2017, 17:30

HAS IT SHIPPED YE.. Oh wait.

emdude
Model M Apologist

22 May 2017, 17:32

Thank you for the update and all of your hard work, lot_lizard.

Best wishes to you and your family. Keyboards are very trivial compared to what you are dealing with so don't worry about this.

miloica

22 May 2017, 17:43

Thank you for the time and passion you invested in this project. It was an honor to be a part of this GB and to exchange a few messages with you. I also enjoyed reading your posts because of the very good style of writing that is rarely associated with people in technical areas. It may sound strange to someone, but when I received the refund I wasn't relieved. I was sad. Feel free to reinvoice me if you ever decide to give the MF project another try. Don't hesitate to contact me if I can be of any help. I wish your child, you and the rest of your family all the best.

Phenix
-p

22 May 2017, 18:32

lizard, all the best, and I hope you keep up well.

I will (like most) happily join your next gb again, if it happens.

dokyun

22 May 2017, 19:12

Refund received here, waiting to process to CC.

Please take as much time as is necessary for things to return to normal on your end. I'll be waiting on the other side, ready to keep supporting you and this project.

Wodan
ISO Advocate

22 May 2017, 19:34

If you get an email from PayPal about a refund, it went through!

In another GB i had a refund issued and it took ~2 weeks for me to receive the confirmation email.

DMA

22 May 2017, 19:39

full refund notification received.
awcrap.
But yes, family first. Get better and get back.

drevyek

22 May 2017, 20:53

Refund received. :(

I'm fully on board to resume this project, when we can. Godspeed for your child.

Ray

22 May 2017, 21:57

All the best to you and your family.
This sucks for me, and I am still the lucky one here? Sometimes it just isn't fair, I am sorry to hear it did hit your family.

scottc

22 May 2017, 22:04

I am so so sorry, lot lizard, I really hope things look up for you soon.

Ir0n

22 May 2017, 23:16

I got my refund as well.

I'm down to be re-invoiced the wait time really doesn't matter.
I hope things get better for you man.

I do have a question though, do you still have every ones badges and those XT parts I grabbed?
I'm in no rush for them I was just wondering.
Thank you for your hard work.

wobbled

22 May 2017, 23:46

Perhaps we should wait until he's actually in control of everything before asking for re-invoices to happen. Sending out invoices to everyone will probably put him under pressure to continue the group buy when he clearly has too much on his place as it is.

esoomenona

23 May 2017, 00:07

Sorry to hear about all of your troubles, lot lizard. Received my refund suddenly and had to come back in and catch up on what's going on. Unfortunate as this is the only keyboard thing I've been excited for for a very long time. Hope everything looks up for you.

fohat
Elder Messenger

23 May 2017, 00:15

esoomenona wrote:
Unfortunate as this is the only keyboard thing I've been excited for for a very long time.

Hope everything looks up for you.
Hey, Moose, you certainly have been a stranger!

But, I agree, this thing was at the top of everybody's wish list.

esoomenona

23 May 2017, 01:19

Yeah. I poke my head in here on dt every now and then. It's just not the same for me personally. Glad to see you're still around though. Hope everything is going well for you.

cswanic

24 May 2017, 01:55

Hi Lotz Lizard, I received the refund notice into PayPal as well. Like many others I am certainly ready to rejoin the group buy. I wish you well and I also sent you a email to the same letting you know I am in it for a reinvoice... whenever that time is ready. Good Luck man and please keep us posted on your status either in this thread or via whatever means you wish to talk. I think everyone here in DT is genuinely more interested in everyone's well being. Our keyboard happiness comes first from the support we each give and receive in this community and then to the crazy mechanical keyboards we all use every day. I did not dispute with PayPal, hopefully others are checking on this thread as well and avoid using any retaliation. Prayin for your child and your family man, be strong and keep in touch here please.

See you soon!

giokkk

24 May 2017, 09:40

@lot_lizard:
Refund received.
Really sorry to hear about the situation you go into.
We all in the forum appreciated your person, a truly Sir and irreplaceable forum's companion.

There will be better days Brad, after the storm the light will be.

All the best for you and your family.

A strong hug,
Giovanni

kbdfr
The Tiproman

24 May 2017, 11:03

I did not participate in this group buy,
but would like to express my consideration for the way lot_lizard is handling this and to wish him all the best.

vsev

24 May 2017, 12:42

@lot_lizard:
Hope things are going to turn better for you and your family Brad, you deserve it truly.

I haven't been so sorry to receive a refund before, this still is a great project handled by a true master.
As many others here you can count me in anytime you decide to go on this again, with pleasure and no rush.

rsbseb
-Horned Rabbit-

24 May 2017, 22:20

@lot_lizzard, I'm not in the GB and appreciate the previous invitation you extended to be included. I appreciate even more your handling handling of your situation with integrity. Take care I hope you kids condition will improve, I understand first hand the stress with having a kid at Children's Hospital without a reassuring prognosis.

Daniel

25 May 2017, 18:00

What a pity :-( I was really looking forward to this.
However a big thumbs up to not just be awol or not responding anymore and just unwinding this properly.

Harshmallow

25 May 2017, 18:45

My sincere condolences for your loss and my best wishes for a speedy recovery (depending on the situation) with your child. If the group buy does come back in the future, perhaps that will give me a chance to participate, as I wasn't a member of this community when it formed and closed.

BinaryHalibut

25 May 2017, 19:23

Refund received. Hope things get better for you lot_lizard. If/when this picks up again I'm sure pretty much everyone that was around for the first set will be more than willing to re-place the same order.

vivalarevolución
formerly prdlm2009

25 May 2017, 19:57

Well, I just the refund notification in my email and I was like WTF. I knew this project was encountering some slowdowns and silence, but sad to hear about the personal situation and the project situation. A very classy move by lot_lizard to refund everyone despite the investment of time, energy, and money. Lot_lizard never struck me as the type that would walk away with the money because of his professional, dedication, and enthusiasm for the project, so I never was that worried. Our personal relationships are more important than almost anything else, even our awesome hobbies. There is no shame in taking a step back or asking for help.

Return to “Group buys”