Model MF - GB CLOSED

Pick our controller... Voting ends on Friday

The mini-xWhatsit that WCass shrunk down. It uses the same mini-controller design as Ellipse's F62/77, but with a connector meant to slip onto our PCB (inverted running parallel to the backplate)
31%
The CommonSense that DMA has recently put together. This is young yet, but has the most long term promise (not a question). It will have a very similar connector (possibly perpendicular vs. parallel slip-on mount)
69%

Total votes: 62

Khers

22 May 2017, 11:08

I don't want to dispute, I want to believe in lot_lizard's ability to deliver. However, having learned expensive lessons (I required a few, ok) in the past, there is no way I'm going to let the buyer protection expire once again. Re-invoicing on lot_lizard's part would be perfect, as it would give him another 6 months to finish the motherfuckers.

Re-invoicing is usually a process where you get a new invoice, pay it and once money has been received the GB leader refunds the original invoice. Takes a little bit of work on lot_lizard's part, but should be easy enough to do in an evening.

Hypersphere

22 May 2017, 14:46

I regret to say that I am getting nervous about the situation. However, I am also perplexed -- lot_lizard was previously so enthusiastic and communicative, but he has not answered my PMs or the questions raised by others here on this thread. I would not object to waiting for several more months if only there could be some reassurance from him.

Re-invoicing sounds like a good idea, but I would be reluctant to pay again and hope for a refund. Is there not a way simply to renew the original invoices without requiring repayment?

Wodan
ISO Advocate

22 May 2017, 14:49

Hypersphere wrote: I regret to say that I am getting nervous about the situation. However, I am also perplexed -- lot_lizard was previously so enthusiastic and communicative, but he has not answered my PMs or the questions raised by others here on this thread. I would not object to waiting for several more months if only there could be some reassurance from him.

Re-invoicing sounds like a good idea, but I would be reluctant to pay again and hope for a refund. Is there not a way simply to renew the original invoices without requiring repayment?
Re-Invoicing is pretty fool proof for both the seller and the buyer. As the buyer, unless the seller fills BOTH of your orders, you still have all the means to claim your original payment back by dispute etc. It's been done in many other GBs before ...

Hypersphere

22 May 2017, 14:52

@Wodan: Thanks for the reassuring explanation about re-invoicing. I am hopelessly clueless about financial matters!

Wodan
ISO Advocate

22 May 2017, 14:55

I've made good experiences with a tight grip on my paypal buyer protection ...

But then again I went head first into some silly GBs and only made it out alive by pulling the protection ...

it doesn't matter if you dispute a month, a week or even a day before the period ends ... the process will always leave both seller and buyer a lot of time to respond.

andrewjoy

22 May 2017, 15:19

I can understand when RL and keyboard commitments get too much ( just look at the length of my GB ) and that was TINY in comparison.

And it has not been that long since last contact, so i will give our friend the benefit of the doubt for now and see what happens.

lot_lizard

22 May 2017, 15:38

I am refunding everyone today. I am not comfortable going into details, but I mentioned 2 personal matters before along with ridiculous work situation. The personal matters involved a death in my immediate family (that I could handle), and the other involves a children's hospital for my only child (that I can not). That situation was improving when I made my last post, but has regressed.

I apologize to everyone for going so dark, and I know we were all very excited about this project (most of all me). I can absorb the cost I already have in this, and the parts will sit in storage until I decide to do something at a later point. Thanks everyone again for a fun ride.

If you could avoid opening cases against PayPal for a couple of days and let me issue the refunds manually, I would appreciate (it is just an easier process). I will need to transfer funds into the PayPal account to issue the full refunds to everyone, and would like that to be a seamless process

lot_lizard

22 May 2017, 15:40

Also, if you could post here to let people know you have been refunded just to make everyone more comfortable it is actually happen (avoiding opening cases), I would appreciate

andrewjoy

22 May 2017, 15:41

Sorry to hear about your family issues.

No rush on making cases on PayPal i can wait a week or so .

wobbled

22 May 2017, 15:44

Really sorry to hear about the family issues, I really hope everything gets better for you.

I'd just like to say a massive thanks for your honesty and commitment, it was good fun seeing everything progressing and I hope something becomes of this in the future when everything has settled down!

Spaceman1200

22 May 2017, 15:47

Was just about to file one, I'm so sorry to hear about your child Lot_Lizard, I hope they are able to pull through whatever it is they are going through. I wish you and your family the best.

-Spaceman1200

Khers

22 May 2017, 15:48

Thank you very much for the update, lot_lizard, too bad it's such a sad one. In the light of the health of your child, this little endeavor is worth preciously little. I wish you and your family all the best.

Wodan
ISO Advocate

22 May 2017, 15:51

Really sorry to hear about the situation you go into lot_lizard. I'm up for a re-invoice if you have the time!
Can't imagine the situation you're going through so I can just wish you the best and hope things turn out well for you.

Refund just received! Feel free to re-invoice!

xyzzy

22 May 2017, 15:55

So sorry to hear about the hard time you're having lot_lizard. I really wish the best for your child and hope things will get better soon.

Should you be keen on re-invoicing, I'm totally up to staying into this GB for another six months so that you can take all the time needed now to stay with your beloved ones and maybe get back on this project later.

Hypersphere

22 May 2017, 15:56

@lot_lizard:

I am so sorry about the problems you are facing, and I completely understand that you need to put the FSSK project on hold indefinitely.

At present, the FSSK project is trivial in the grand scheme of things. And yet, in our little world of keyboards, it is a worthy dream and a great project. I hope that you might be able to resume work on it someday and see it through.

Thanks for issuing the full refund to me so quickly. I appreciate your taking care of this despite the heavy storm you are now weathering.

I appreciate all your efforts, and I hope that things will get better for you and your family soon.

vometia
irritant

22 May 2017, 16:04

I realised something happened when an unexpected refund popped up: I'm so sorry to hear things have gone downhill in your life. :( I can only hope things soon start to improve for you and yours.

snoopy

22 May 2017, 16:09

oh no :cry: :cry: :cry:

andrewjoy

22 May 2017, 16:11

I got a paypal notification.

Will let you know once processed by my CC

Topre Enthusiast

22 May 2017, 16:14

Sincerely hoping that your situation improves, lot_lizard. So very sad to read that your child is not well -- no parent deserves to be dealt such a shitty hand :(

Edit: I've been refunded -- not that I had any doubts that he would. Good luck, man.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

22 May 2017, 16:17

I've been refunded, if there's anything I could do to help (up to taking over with the remaining things to do), just let me know. best of luck!

mike52787
Alps Aficionado

22 May 2017, 16:18

Got the refund :( Sorry to hear all of that. Best of wishes, and I will definitely be a part of the project if and when it is revived.

ekeppel

22 May 2017, 16:22

@lot_lizard: I'm sorry to hear the news, but I completely understand and wish you all the best in this difficult situation.

Family before hobbies, always.

Edit: Refund received, Thank you.
Last edited by ekeppel on 25 May 2017, 20:34, edited 1 time in total.

Techno Trousers
100,000,000 actuations

22 May 2017, 16:30

Lot_lizard, I got my refund. I completely understand where you're coming from, and my thoughts are with you and your child in this difficult time. Please take all the time you need for yourself, and I hope you'll stop by Deskthority from time to time and let us know how you're doing. Beyond the projects you've been working on, I consider you a friend and I hope this community can be some small source of support and comfort for you.

pyrelink

22 May 2017, 16:31

Very sorry to hear the situation you are in Lot. Just received my refund notification via PayPal. Good luck to you and your family.

snoopy

22 May 2017, 16:36

Just got the refund. but very sad. wish you all the best for you and your family.

Khers

22 May 2017, 16:37

Refund received here as well.

I'm still excited for the project, btw, and if there is anything I can do to make things easier on you whenever you pick it up again, I'd be honored.

livingspeedbump
Not what they seem

22 May 2017, 16:47

Full PayPal refund received. Probably the first time in history of GB's where I was sad to get the safety of a refund :(

But life happens, and sounds like it's happening hard for you right now. I'm so so sorry to hear how things are going for you and more than understand (without being able to possibly comprehend how you feel). Please know my 100% back up the decision to put family first right now, don't even sweat something like this buy when you clearly have far more on your plate.

I will hope this buy has a triumphant return one day still! I think you deserve to work on this project at a time where you can be as excited by it as you have been in the past, not at a time when it will just add stress to your life!
Last edited by livingspeedbump on 22 May 2017, 17:18, edited 1 time in total.

ramnes
ПБТ НАВСЕГДА

22 May 2017, 16:51

Refunded.

I really hope things will get better for you, buddy. Thanks a bunch for your honesty, communication, and refund.

E TwentyNine

22 May 2017, 16:54

:( Sorry to hear of your family matters. Hope all turns out for the best.

ohaimark
Kingpin

22 May 2017, 16:57

I was refunded. I'll happily pay for my slot again when you can resume the project.

I hope that things go well for you.

Return to “Group buys”