CANADA ONLY - NMB RT-101+ w/ Space Invaders, NEW IN BOX *Limited Time*

Tuntematon

30 Jan 2017, 04:57

Model: NMB Hi-Tek RT-101+ Intel
Condition: NEW IN BOX
Switch: Tactile grey space invaders (I think), reference: http://mousefan.telcontar.net/image/intel.htm
Quantity: ~10
Price: $32 USD

I am in talks right now with a seller who has a stash of these keyboards NIB at a nice price. I thought I'd take the opportunity to import some nice vintage boards north of the border and get them in the hands of some Canadian enthusiasts who no doubt see "CONUS only" and "Ships to: United States" in their keyboard nightmares.

The number is not absolutely set, but 10 should be a safe bet.

Barring any unforeseen changes, my price will be a friendly $32 USD + actual shipping from me (in Alberta) to you. Expect shipping to be in the $12 to $19 USD range.

Since this will be processed in short order and exact numbers matter, I ask that you only express your interest if you are absolutely sure you want to proceed and can send payment within the next 48 hours or so. Please respond here to set your place in line and then PM promptly with your PayPal email address and shipping address. I will not begin invoicing until I have confirmed the final numbers; please stay tuned and respond quickly so everything goes smoothly! I expect to have these in hand by mid-February or sooner, at which point I will ship them to you.

Edit: Several orders placed so I've dropped the price a little :D
NMB RT-101+.jpg
NMB RT-101+.jpg (103.71 KiB) Viewed 6212 times
Update:

Sorry for the delay. The seller was unable to retrieve all the stock that he has, sounds like he's dealing with an Indiana Jones kind of warehouse situation, There are only 4 available for this shipment. I will let you know if more become available.

This batch includes the following users:

1. Harshmallow
2. Meddle
3. snuci
4. neon_tom
Last edited by Tuntematon on 03 Feb 2017, 02:30, edited 3 times in total.

Harshmallow

30 Jan 2017, 05:55

Oh hell yes! Finally a Canadian group buy for a board and switch I have never tried, but have been really curious about! And the price is definitely right if these are indeed NIB. Count me in - I'll respond to your PM with my details.

Meddle

30 Jan 2017, 10:53

Hey, sure. Why not! Count me in as well, PM inbound.

snuci
Vintage computer guy

30 Jan 2017, 13:05

A group buy for Canada? How can I resist? Count me in for 1. It is a shame the price is in USD but we'll let that one go this time ;)

PM sent.

neon_tom

30 Jan 2017, 13:33

I am most definitely in. Sending PM now.

fohat
Elder Messenger

30 Jan 2017, 13:49

Good deal. You guys should pounce on it.

I have never used the gray ones, but you will surely be pleased.

Engicoder

30 Jan 2017, 14:00

I saw these on Ebay briefly yesterday where he was asking $39.99 +$10 shippng or best offer. I bought two and was about to post on the great finds thread when I noticed the auction disappeared. Now I know what happened to it :)

CeeSA

30 Jan 2017, 14:23

I think a Groubbuy orga should never, ever throw PM to EVERYONE to join!
Foe added...

Ratfink

30 Jan 2017, 15:48

CeeSA wrote: I think a Groubbuy orga should never, ever throw PM to EVERYONE to join!
Foe added...
That's a little harsh, what with the follow-up PM apologizing. It's not that hard to accidentally select "club members" when composing a PM, then not notice before sending it.

ohaimark
Kingpin

30 Jan 2017, 15:57

The grays actually feel quite nice. Andrewjoy received a nice 'board with them from Secret Santa.

Harshmallow

30 Jan 2017, 16:15

ohaimark wrote: The grays actually feel quite nice. Andrewjoy received a nice 'board with them from Secret Santa.
I don't have any tactile mechanical boards at the moment, since I just made my Dell AT102 from the Rabbit Hole kit linear last night (post to follow with a review in my thread, hopefully tonight), so I can't wait to try these!

mike52787
Alps Aficionado

30 Jan 2017, 16:47

I bought one of these babies on ebay yesterday. Apparently he accepts offers as low as 25$. Didnt need the PM though.

Tuntematon

30 Jan 2017, 21:20

Engicoder wrote: I saw these on Ebay briefly yesterday where he was asking $39.99 +$10 shippng or best offer. I bought two and was about to post on the great finds thread when I noticed the auction disappeared. Now I know what happened to it :)
Not exactly. I just bought the last few he had on hand, which ended the listing. He needs to make a warehouse trip to get the rest. I inquired about the rest and decided to provide a window for Canadian buyers since Canadian shipping wasn't offered and would probably be more expensive anyway. There should be some more stock relisted since this buy doesn't look like it will "sell out"

Aznreaper

31 Jan 2017, 08:34

I'm interested, in Alberta as well

cumwagondeluxe

01 Feb 2017, 18:57

I'm in!

Tuntematon

03 Feb 2017, 02:30

Update:

Sorry for the delay. The seller was unable to retrieve all the stock that he has, sounds like he's dealing with an Indiana Jones kind of warehouse situation, There are only 4 available for this shipment. I will let you know if more become available.

1. Harshmallow
2. Meddle
3. snuci
4. neon_tom

neon_tom

03 Feb 2017, 03:01

Tuntematon wrote:Update:

1. Harshmallow
2. Meddle
3. snuci
4. neon_tom
I just sent you a PM about unfortunately having to pass on this one. Looks like plenty more people are lined up for a spot though.

U47

03 Feb 2017, 06:07

Interested, if more appear.

Bigmac

04 Feb 2017, 09:36

I would be interested if more pop up please.

mike52787
Alps Aficionado

05 Feb 2017, 05:35

I got mine in the mail yesterday. It is a wonderful keyboard.

Harshmallow

20 Feb 2017, 21:35

Just checkin' in. Any update on the boards? I'm anxious to try some Space Invaders!

Tuntematon

20 Feb 2017, 21:47

Harshmallow wrote: Just checkin' in. Any update on the boards? I'm anxious to try some Space Invaders!
Boards are in hand and look to be as advertised. I've been away for the weekend and won't be home until later this evening. I will inspect the boards more closely when I get back and ship tomorrow or Wednesday!

Harshmallow

20 Feb 2017, 21:54

Sounds good, thanks for the quick response =D

Tuntematon

20 Feb 2017, 22:14

One nice touch: the seller shipped the keyboards in the original NMB bulk shipping box. So now I've got a bigass box I can't dispose of because it's a collectible :)

Engicoder

20 Feb 2017, 22:28

How about a photo? Please :D

terrycherry

24 Feb 2017, 05:25

Nice. Can I have a chance to see the switch inside the space bar first?

Harshmallow

07 Mar 2017, 16:09

This is a solid board indeed - Didn't realize it would be coming in its original box with serial number/mfg date label too! Most of the boards I've collected so far are clicky ones, so this is a nice, tactile change. I received it last night and I brought it straight to work this morning because it's nice and quiet - won't piss off my coworkers :)

Edit: The tactility on both the down and upstroke feels unique, but I like it too.

snuci
Vintage computer guy

07 Mar 2017, 17:03

I also got mine too and also didn't realize it was new. It's very nice. So who's taking pictures for the Wiki? It needs to be linked back to here: wiki/NMB_RT-100/RT-8200_series

Engicoder

07 Mar 2017, 21:07

I have taken pictures, and plan on taking a day this weekend to upload a back log of pictures I have

Engicoder

07 Mar 2017, 21:14

Harshmallow wrote: This is a solid board indeed - Didn't realize it would be coming in its original box with serial number/mfg date label too! Most of the boards I've collected so far are clicky ones, so this is a nice, tactile change. I received it last night and I brought it straight to work this morning because it's nice and quiet - won't piss off my coworkers :)

Edit: The tactility on both the down and upstroke feels unique, but I like it too.
The tactility is due to the wedge in the slider passing through a set of bends in the contacts. The wedge has to pass back through these bends on the way up so it's tactile both ways. In this image from the wiki, the tactile contacts are on the left and linear/clicky on the right.

One of my problems with the tactile space invaders is the the upstroke tactility seems greater than the down stroke, to the point that travel noticeably slows on the upstroke, which feels a bit odd, like the switch isn't keeping up with your fingers.

Return to “Group buys”