GMK NorDeUK

Krakob

23 Mar 2017, 21:06

This group buy has ended unsuccessfully. Please see the GeekHack thread for further discussion: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=88361.0

nordeuk r7-render.png
nordeuk r7-render.png (1.06 MiB) Viewed 4410 times
Order form

Price: €119,47 (of which €12,5 is profit margin)
International shipping: €15,50 (€134,97 total)
Swedish shipping: €10,00 (€129,47 total)

GMK NorDeUK (pronounced noor-doik) is an effort to bring a GMK set to a large portion of the western European community by providing a cheap, ISO based keyset shipped within Europe. ISO UK, DE, SE/FI, NO, and DK are all covered almost perfectly!

Progress:
  1. Invoicing & payment ← We are here
  2. Place order with GMK - Done approx. April 24th
  3. Wait for manufacturing - Done approx. July 24th
  4. Receiving and packaging - Done approx. August 7th
  5. Shipping - Done approx. August 21st
  6. Issue resolution - Done approx. September 21st
  7. Selling extras - Done approx. Oct 5th
Order progress: 33/150
Invoices are due April 19th
Please submit a few days before that! You can always wait with paying.

---

Read the Interest Check
Other threads:
GeekHack,
/r/MechanicalKeyboards, /r/Mechmarket

---

I’m aware that I said the profit margin would be €10 in the Interest Check. It was raised to €12.5 in order to cover PayPal fees, which I didn’t quite account for.

I’ll be posting weekly updates in the GeekHack thread in order to keep the GB as transparent as I can!

If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask here or PM me![/s]
Last edited by Krakob on 17 Apr 2017, 15:31, edited 2 times in total.

anorak

28 Mar 2017, 21:12

bump

Too many keycap sets at the moment.
But I am thinking about this, my wife demands a white on black keyset...

Krakob

28 Mar 2017, 22:33

Then your wife has a good taste and a rare opportunity to get correctly legended GMK caps ;)

scottc

28 Mar 2017, 23:03

Yeah, actually, speaking of correctly-legended caps...

What's up with that backspace legend? Why isn't a correct UK-ISO ¬ included? Yet there's a 1.5u super and fn... and six 1.0u bottom-row keys, but for some reason only one 1.0u ctrl and no matching 1.0u menu key. Also, no 1.25 menu key, only fn.

Edit: and the del/end/PgDn keys are Row 1 which is wrong... Reading the GH thread this seems to be because someone has a custom 96-key layout and wanted those keys.

Edit 2: I'm seeing a lot of justifications for the above weird things in the GH thread. Still, too many big compromises for me to get it for the UK support.

Krakob

28 Mar 2017, 23:18

scottc wrote:Yeah, actually, speaking of correctly-legended caps...

What's up with that backspace legend? Why isn't a correct UK-ISO ¬ included? Yet there's a 1.5u super and fn... and six 1.0u bottom-row keys, but for some reason only one 1.0u ctrl and no matching 1.0u menu key. Also, no 1.25 menu key, only fn.

Edit: and the del/end/PgDn keys are Row 1 which is wrong... Reading the GH thread this seems to be because someone has a custom 96-key layout and wanted those keys.
There is a good bit of tought behind most of it:

* I didn't give backspace a lot of thought, just went with the icon I liked initially. No one brought it up until the GB started, which was a bit late to say the least.
* The top left alphanumeric key differs between just about every layout from here to Neptune. It was made blank to lower the price.
* Modifiers were tricky to figure out exactly how to do. What I wanted to include was standard, wkl, HHKB, and 65%. Since 65% is not really standard, it was a matter of covering at least one of every 1u modifier (for 3x modifiers between space and arrows) and 1.5u modifiers (for 2x modifiers between space and arrows)
* The second row of navigation keys were made R1 for better compatibility with a lot of custom layouts. Even if it doesn't comply with the physical row numbers in cases such as 65%, it's uniform across the rightmost column. Meanwhile, it more or less doesn't affect TKL layouts.

Felion

29 Mar 2017, 09:39

Quality WoB for local ISO-layout: I'm in for two!

scl

29 Mar 2017, 18:14

Im in too :D

Return to “Group buys”