[Cancelled] VorTex RACE 75% - EUROPEAN DISTRIBUTION

guilleguillaume

22 Mar 2012, 15:43

I actually think I must stop using Paypal and Close my account after seeing this whole situation :|

Mrinterface

22 Mar 2012, 16:10

guilleguillaume wrote:I actually think I must stop using Paypal and Close my account after seeing this whole situation :|
I just wish there were decent alternatives...... :-(

mintberryminuscrunch

22 Mar 2012, 16:30

sixty, out of curiosity, what was the currency you used to pay vortex

sixty
Gasbag Guru

22 Mar 2012, 16:32

I paid in USD, but I don't think it matters. If you look at the transaction history now it is entirely blank, so the VorTex transaction never was registered in their system. It may or may not have been the trigger.

mintberryminuscrunch

22 Mar 2012, 16:37

I was looking at the usd/eur and usd/krw charts, they were going up and down a lot in the quarter before your purchase
but it's a long shot
ps. and the amount shouldn't concern them...

AvenZerg

24 Mar 2012, 15:02

are you still taking orders or has that ship sailed? found a french e-bay shop that sells these with white keycaps..
anyone know anything about this? kinda wondering how it would look like with white caps and white backlighting..

sixty
Gasbag Guru

24 Mar 2012, 15:49

AvenZerg wrote:are you still taking orders or has that ship sailed? found a french e-bay shop that sells these with white keycaps..
anyone know anything about this? kinda wondering how it would look like with white caps and white backlighting..
If you read back a few pages you will see that there is no way this is happening. After collecting all the paymens, my PayPal account has been locked and they are keeping the money on hold. So no orders here are happening anymore.

AvenZerg

24 Mar 2012, 18:26

"After collecting all the paymens, my PayPal account has been locked and they are keeping the money on hold." this sounds awfully convenient to me.. maybe you should have read paypal's policy before accepting other people's money in bulk..
i mean no disrespect btw..

sixty
Gasbag Guru

24 Mar 2012, 22:19

AvenZerg wrote:"After collecting all the paymens, my PayPal account has been locked and they are keeping the money on hold." this sounds awfully convenient to me.. maybe you should have read paypal's policy before accepting other people's money in bulk..
i mean no disrespect btw..
Convenient? Convenient to what?

As for the TOS, I already have a properly registered business as well as a PayPal merchant account. There is absolutely nothing in the PayPal TOS regarding this. By now PayPal knows more about my business and myself than even most official authorities. If PayPal is not to receive and send money, then what is it for? This lock is not justified, and the fact that they can keep money to begin with while treating you like a criminal is even worse.

rodtang

24 Mar 2012, 22:43

sixty wrote:
AvenZerg wrote: Convenient? Convenient to what?
The convenient part sounded like he accused you of fraud.

sixty
Gasbag Guru

24 Mar 2012, 22:46

rodtang wrote:
sixty wrote:
AvenZerg wrote: Convenient? Convenient to what?
The convenient part sounded like he accused you of fraud.
That's what it sounded like to me too, however maybe he likes to clarify :roll:

AvenZerg

25 Mar 2012, 14:55

I'm sure you are a respected seller and again i mean no disrespect towards you and your business but to an uninformed fellow like myself this would seem (at first glance) like a fraud.

as far as paypall goes i hope you work it out, otherwise press charges against them.

prava

26 Mar 2012, 18:13

AvenZerg wrote:I'm sure you are a respected seller and again i mean no disrespect towards you and your business but to an uninformed fellow like myself this would seem (at first glance) like a fraud.

as far as paypall goes i hope you work it out, otherwise press charges against them.
How is it a fraud when sixtys account is the one blocked here...with not only your money but his? :roll: :roll: :roll:

ripster

26 Mar 2012, 18:36

This happened to RCTaylor at Geekhack too. It took WEEKS for me to get my money back.

What is even funnier is Paypal called me to see if his paypal invoice was legit. I may have joked around too much on that call. I mean - plastic keys? Keyboard forum?

mintberryminuscrunch

26 Mar 2012, 18:40

AvenZerg wrote:I'm sure you are a respected seller and again i mean no disrespect towards you and your business but to an uninformed fellow like myself this would seem (at first glance) like a fraud.

maybe you should check the credentials first before posting such a statement. what and again I mean no disrespect to you is pretty dumb

kaen

30 Mar 2012, 11:50

You can mull it over for as long as you want but its simple.

you have money
we want it
we take it
we float it
you get it back in 6 months
now fuck off

I cannot wait until a business steps up to the plate to threaten paypals market share, maybe then they will have to treat the customers better, maybe :?

sixty
Gasbag Guru

30 Mar 2012, 11:59

kaen wrote: I cannot wait until a business steps up to the plate to threaten paypals market share, maybe then they will have to treat the customers better, maybe :?
I wish. But would it make much of a difference? The alternative company may just be as bad. Look at the current market of products/services and their alternatives. Those with huge market shares are usually all the same abusive fucks, enjoying their monopolies.

kaen

30 Mar 2012, 12:23

sixty wrote:
kaen wrote: I cannot wait until a business steps up to the plate to threaten paypals market share, maybe then they will have to treat the customers better, maybe :?
I wish. But would it make much of a difference? The alternative company may just be as bad. Look at the current market of products/services and their alternatives. Those with huge market shares are usually all the same abusive fucks, enjoying their monopolies.
Unfortunately you are probably right. But I'm trying to stay optimistic dammit! :P

The thing I really hate is that Paypal isn't just some negligent entity with bad customer service. They actively go out of their way to screw people over as much as they can and often where perfectly reasonable solutions could of be put into motion, they try to one up the customer, like some self-obsessed bully. GRRR.

Anyway, keep at it mate, I would of lost my cool by now if I had the pressure on me.

attarian

30 Mar 2012, 12:52

sixty wrote:
I think that Skrill is a little bit more professionnal. ( they're calling me everyday and seem to be Human and without any "pression")

off

30 Mar 2012, 18:45

sixty wrote: Look at the current market of products/services and their alternatives. Those with huge market shares are usually all the same abusive fucks, enjoying their monopolies.
A-MEN.

sadly
ot: Skrill is moneybookers
Last edited by off on 05 Apr 2012, 22:14, edited 1 time in total.

Thion

05 Apr 2012, 18:14

Push to top... any news?

GeorgeStorm

12 Apr 2012, 00:32

Any update?
Want to spend money on new keyboards :P

sixty
Gasbag Guru

13 Apr 2012, 19:52

No, of course I would update you guys immediately if there was anything new. At this point I am not even receiving automated answers anymore. I am pretty sure they blacklisted me entirely. About 4 more months until the money has to be returned by EU law :(

dirge

13 Apr 2012, 20:03

How you feel if that's the case? Refund or retry the group buy?

sixty
Gasbag Guru

13 Apr 2012, 21:03

Probably will have to refund everything. It depends on what happens to the pending payment to VorTex. I still have a tiny shimmer of hope that this will be magically resolve before the time, but I doubt it very much.

off

14 Apr 2012, 21:43

This calls for a song.
Was going for GDMFSOB (goddamnmotherfuckingsonofabitch), then remembered Eye for an Eye; but settled on this, though less fitting, it's a proper introduction to mr Shadow; and the vibe fits this bloody ordeal.

edit: one more, this since this thread needs it.

hamza_tm

19 Apr 2012, 00:51

I know this is kinda insensitive given the circumstances...

but, If by some magic PayPal stfu's and relinquishes your account, and the group buy continues, I would love to make a late entry into it if possible.

Wishful thinking I know, but in these troubled times, the only relief we face is in hope, comrades.

sixty
Gasbag Guru

19 Apr 2012, 13:31

hamza_tm wrote:I know this is kinda insensitive given the circumstances...

but, If by some magic PayPal stfu's and relinquishes your account, and the group buy continues, I would love to make a late entry into it if possible.

Wishful thinking I know, but in these troubled times, the only relief we face is in hope, comrades.
If the paypal issues resolve - sure. Otherwise, if for some reason the group buy goes through anyway I am sure you can pick up one of the cancelled orders.

hamza_tm

19 Apr 2012, 20:49

I'm praying :D

Amr0d

24 Apr 2012, 10:26

Any chances that we might be able to get this with ISO DE Layout?

Return to “Group buys”