[IC] Black-on-black PBT dyesub one-piece buckling spring keycaps

Xovaan

23 Jul 2017, 00:42

Sign me up for a set, too!

lakofsth

23 Jul 2017, 22:05

I'm interested. Also sent you mail, Ellipse.

consolation

24 Jul 2017, 04:24

Where do we register for Black on Grey? Or, was that a hypothetical option?

Ellipse

24 Jul 2017, 05:36

Please post your interest here and I will let you know pricing soon. It looks like there is enough interest but I have to confirm everything with the factory.

paecific.jr

26 Jul 2017, 22:44

I would be interested, I'm very broke, but I'm interested.

pr0ximity

27 Jul 2017, 03:59

Could a set of these come with an extra Caps Lock and 1u for the split right Shift layout of the new Model F's? If so, I would be in for a set and probably have to go in on a new Model F too :X

Ellipse

29 Jul 2017, 23:31

Yes pr0ximity you'll be able to get the other mini sets (HHKB, Industrial SSK, etc.) in the black text on gray keys. Still waiting on the factory for more info.

maxlugar

31 Jul 2017, 21:13

Ellipse,

I'm interested in light black PBT key caps with black lettering for all 4 keyboards on order.
In an earlier post, I think you said the upcharge would be around $10 per set.
I hope you get enough interest to make this a viable option!

Thanks
max

Ellipse

17 Nov 2017, 01:48

Dark gray printed and unprinted sets are now up for order!

duncancmt as the organizer could you please PM everyone interested?

https://www.modelfkeyboards.com/product ... iece-keys/

Total cost is $5 less than the $10 expected premium. These will be a limited early bird color to minimize extra setup charges for the final production run next year. You can pick free/other shipping if you want to add keys to your current order.

To keep the project on track and avoid extra assembly variations, these are extra sets only - they can't be your only set or installed set if ordering a keyboard.

depletedvespene

17 Nov 2017, 02:26

Should we wait until getting a PM to make our orders?

EDIT: I... uh... just made mine. :mrgreen:

duncancmt

17 Nov 2017, 04:52

Sorry, I was out to dinner. PMs going out now.

cheziyi

17 Nov 2017, 07:54

Just made my order too!

duncancmt

17 Nov 2017, 20:31

I have a question about which keys are included in 103 "full base key set". Does this include the HHKB-style keys? Is there a choice of numpad layout? Because I'd very much like to order the CoolerMaster-style numpad previously discussed on GH. I understand if layouts aren't finalized yet and this is a question to punt until they are.

Ellipse

17 Nov 2017, 22:28

The HHKB is not included in the main set. It is an add on set. Below are the expected contents of the sets, courtesy of Zed who is designing them.

The custom num pad layouts are only available by ordering extra keys ($3 each). Feel free to order units of the store item "$1 increments" for the unique key legends and specifying the legends/colors/key sizes as needed. The CM style will be made as an extra option (not configurable on the keyboard to reduce extra custom assembly).
F XT Base Set.PNG
F XT Base Set.PNG (90.49 KiB) Viewed 7419 times
F62 F77 Layouts Render.png
F62 F77 Layouts Render.png (324.78 KiB) Viewed 7419 times
F77 Num Pad.PNG
F77 Num Pad.PNG (25.87 KiB) Viewed 7419 times
F Extras.png
F Extras.png (185.33 KiB) Viewed 7419 times
numpad legends.png
numpad legends.png (79.61 KiB) Viewed 7418 times

strah

19 Nov 2017, 16:05

Ellipse wrote: The HHKB is not included in the main set. It is an add on set. Below are the expected contents of the sets, courtesy of Zed who is designing them.
So do I understand you correctly that I could order $18 worth of the "$1 increments" and specify that I want the complete printed HHKB addon set in dark gray?

EDIT: Ok, it turns out the HHKB addon set can directly be bought as a store item through this link: https://www.modelfkeyboards.com/product ... ys-f1-etc/. The dark gray color can be specified in the notes.
Last edited by strah on 23 Nov 2017, 23:03, edited 1 time in total.

Khers

19 Nov 2017, 16:57

Is it possible to change my black blanks for a set of BoB?

yac

23 Nov 2017, 23:43

So, no chance for black on black? Lack of contrast is no biggie for me(barely legible is fine), i mostly type without looking but do occasionally glance on seldom used keys, so i'm a bit afraid to go with an all blank keyset, yet really dig black keys.

Or i'm slow and the option is in the store and i'm just not seeing it.

Thanks in advance!

strah

24 Nov 2017, 11:34

yac wrote: So, no chance for black on black? Lack of contrast is no biggie for me(barely legible is fine), i mostly type without looking but do occasionally glance on seldom used keys, so i'm a bit afraid to go with an all blank keyset, yet really dig black keys.
Ellipse will produce dark gray keycaps with black legends, which are essentially black on black keycaps. If you use completely black keycaps and print black legends on them, they won't just be barely legible but completely invisible, that's why the "black on black" keycaps are actually always very dark grey caps with black legends.

You can order them right now from the official F62/F77 store through this link: https://www.modelfkeyboards.com/product ... iece-keys/. Just make sure to choose the option "Printed (Dark Gray)".

andrewjoy

24 Nov 2017, 12:17

Xt quality caps ? Possibly i could go for one. Please take note of the slight difference in size and shape of XT caps , they have sharper edges and are slightly lower profile

yac

24 Nov 2017, 14:55

Awesome strah, it was me being slow as suspected. Hoping the dark grey is super dark, putting in order now.

Ellipse

27 Jan 2018, 22:33

Yes andrewjoy I have carefully measured dozens of original XT keys to make sure my CAD files are to spec.

realdealsexappeal

01 Feb 2018, 20:15

So im just interested in the dark grey printed keyset do I go through duncancmt or do i just order from the https://www.modelfkeyboards.com/ site? Also assuming you say to order through the website would the keysets be shipped as soon as they are ready as opposed to sticking to the timeline of they model f keyboards?

realdealsexappeal

03 Feb 2018, 00:35

realdealsexappeal wrote: So im just interested in the dark grey printed keyset do I go through duncancmt or do i just order from the https://www.modelfkeyboards.com/ site? Also assuming you say to order through the website would the keysets be shipped as soon as they are ready as opposed to sticking to the timeline of they model f keyboards?
anyone? lol

Ellipse

08 Feb 2018, 06:22

Sorry for the delay - yes feel free to order directly through the web site! Unfortunately they will not be shipping early as I am prioritizing Brand New Model F Keyboard orders first.

Ellipse

01 Mar 2018, 04:17

(Cross post)

The factory is ready to start the dark gray color mixing. It's difficult for me to tell from the keyboard photos. What's a recommended Pantone/RAL value for the dark grey printed keys? Please post your recommendations!

duncancmt

07 Mar 2018, 18:53

Perhaps it would be good to find 2 separate people: one with a colorimeter and the other with a set of dark grey keys that they'd be willing to part with for a while?

strah

28 Mar 2018, 13:37

I recently bought a set of dark grey dye-sublimated keycaps from https://kbdfans.myshopify.com/collectio ... keycap-set and would be willing to send some of the numpad keycaps which I don't need directly to Ellipse so he could forward them to the factory for color matching. Here is a photo I took of the "1", "2" and "3" numpad keys: https://imgur.com/6z5Gi3H. I don't know whether these keycaps are similar in color to the Realforce dark grey keycaps but they look really nice and the legends are easily readable.

Return to “Group buys”