IC/Preliminary Info: GMK BLANK CHECK

sth
2 girls 1 cuprubber

28 Sep 2017, 02:09

hey guys, been a while :maverick:
i've been pretty busy with work and we all know DT is more active during EU hours... which is 12 hours off my current timezone. i miss yall!!

anyways... i'm collaborating with another kb community member on a new group buy that'll probably launch dec-jan on a full set of GMK-produced blank caps in beige/9009 style, with FULL R0-R5 support!!! here's a preview:

Please note there will also be an additional R0 windowed 1u key for folks who like scroll lock LEDs on their keys.

We're mainly aiming at supporting TKL and below layouts (not including ergo/split/etc).

More info to come as things progress. You can also check out the GH thread if you're so inclined:
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=91540.0

:maverick:
Last edited by sth on 10 Oct 2017, 00:01, edited 1 time in total.

scottc

28 Sep 2017, 02:16

Cute. Was wondering when someone would do a full GMK blank kit. This should be pretty cheap too, rift? At least in comparison to kits with legends.

sth
2 girls 1 cuprubber

28 Sep 2017, 02:21

no idea on pricing yet. i can't believe this hasn't been done (other than mondrian, for plank layouts).

gianni

28 Sep 2017, 08:52

Meh, it's going to be expensive.

t!ng
Awake Sheep

28 Sep 2017, 09:38

ABS right?

DarKou

28 Sep 2017, 11:05

t!ng wrote: ABS right?
GMK = ABS

I like the idea of this set (profil, rows, colors, windowed caps) but I think EnjoyPBT/Gateron can be a better idea (PBT and less expensive).

Nuum

28 Sep 2017, 11:10

DarKou wrote: [...] but I think EnjoyPBT/Gateron can be a better idea (PBT and less expensive).
At first I thought that as well and wanted to post about it, but then I saw that this should support R0 and R5 so, F-profile F keys and even A-profile 1.25u keys, which would be super nice.
Nothing for me though, I don't use blanks and would need ISO DE anyway. With text I'd maybe get it just for the F-keys and the bottom row, because these are super rare.

DarKou

28 Sep 2017, 21:15

Nuum wrote:
DarKou wrote: [...] but I think EnjoyPBT/Gateron can be a better idea (PBT and less expensive).
At first I thought that as well and wanted to post about it, but then I saw that this should support R0 and R5 so, F-profile F keys and even A-profile 1.25u keys, which would be super nice.

Yes! You are right! I've seen that too.

sth
2 girls 1 cuprubber

06 Oct 2017, 03:24

Nuum wrote:
Nothing for me though, I don't use blanks and would need ISO DE anyway. With text I'd maybe get it just for the F-keys and the bottom row, because these are super rare.
this should have you fully covered for iso support... just make the leap to the blank side :maverick:

sth
2 girls 1 cuprubber

10 Oct 2017, 00:01

name update: GMK BLANK CHECK :maverick:

gianni

31 Jan 2018, 11:55

Is there still hope?

Return to “Group buys”