Nexus Alps slider, Nexus Top Housings, Alps stab inserts for keycaps

hypkx
Chasing the Dream

02 Feb 2018, 07:24

Read the first post.

BlindAssassin111

02 Feb 2018, 17:59

mana wrote: Are you still accepting orders for this? I'd be in for 131 or so of the stems if they work with clicky alps!
I haven't opened up a GB yet, this was just the interest check, will be opening the GB in the next 2 weeks. Just have to figure some stuff out before it opens.

jack0fclubs

07 Feb 2018, 09:16

Hey! super excited for these. I may have a few Amber alps available to send over to you in a few days if you're still looking for some to test with. Also, you should update the IC form, since it still says the sliders are incompatible with clicky switches :)

hypkx
Chasing the Dream

07 Feb 2018, 10:07

Really good to hear that they are compatible again, two boards waiting for nice mx caps.

BlindAssassin111

07 Feb 2018, 18:04

jack0fclubs wrote: Hey! super excited for these. I may have a few Amber alps available to send over to you in a few days if you're still looking for some to test with. Also, you should update the IC form, since it still says the sliders are incompatible with clicky switches :)
I appreciate the offer, but I have received quite a few alps switches to test with recently (like about 20), so I won't be needing anymore.

Thank you for the reminder about the form, didn't even remember that it was listed on there!!

plugable

07 Feb 2018, 20:16

Your replacement tops, will those also work with SKCM Browns as they use a slightly different top than standard? I'm assuming no based on earlier discussions? If so, that's fine, modifying the tops is not an issue for me.

However, if you need a brown, I can send you one.

BlindAssassin111

07 Feb 2018, 21:12

plugable wrote: Your replacement tops, will those also work with SKCM Browns as they use a slightly different top than standard? I'm assuming no based on earlier discussions? If so, that's fine, modifying the tops is not an issue for me.

However, if you need a brown, I can send you one.
At the moment no they don't work, but I have an idea to fix the issue that will allow my top housings to work with any alps variant. I am just waiting on a replacement CPU for my new computer, so that I can make the changes needed to make it work.

I have an SKCM brown already and have figured out the key difference that separates it from every other alps variant. It is surprising how many different alps top housings exist, I know of 4 different types for pines, and 2 for bamboo. Some differences are significant and some are just small changes that I can't tell the benefit of besides being a symbol for a tooling change for alps.

But to not scare anyone, Yes they will work with all variants when I start the GB, just note that they will not allow the LEDs of linear greens to work as I can't have that cutout included, but they do work with linear greens without LEDs.

BlindAssassin111

20 Feb 2018, 05:13

Update:

Here is the new proposed model change to support clicky switches, the little bump was added. Height is identical to the original, "short" design, and will not increase height of the caps at all. The addition is to prevent the click leaf from being able to catch under the keycap stem lip, and this makes it literally impossible for that to happen. Only downside is it will reduce the travel of the click leaf by 0.6mm, and may affect the point at which the click leaf actuates, can't say for sure if that will actually happen but it could. Now this isn't my favorite idea, but it is the last possible choice unless it is decided to not support clicky switches.
Untitled.JPG
Untitled.JPG (73.47 KiB) Viewed 5208 times

BlindAssassin111

10 Mar 2018, 21:41

Update:
Okay so the plan was to start the GB on monday, 3/12, but I still haven't received the newest quote from manufacturer A, which is needed to make sure pricing is set in stone.

Pricing has changed a tad because I was stupid and forgot to factor in taxes for the sliders, but may change if the final quote is different(which I doubt will be different).

So with that said, I will still be launching the GB on Monday at Noon central time and will be open until Monday 3/26 at midnight central time.

This is the color I have decided on, I wanted something that is different and not commonly used among the ton of switches out there today.
Marigold_Slider.png
Marigold_Slider.png (359.48 KiB) Viewed 5114 times
New Pricing: (Final shipping and paypal fees not included)
  • • Sliders: $0.55 each (MOQ of 11,000)[/li]
    • Top housings:
    • • QTY 6,000: $1.20
      • QTY 8,000: $1.00
      • QTY 10,000: $0.80
      • QTY 12,000: $0.70
      • QTY 14,000: $0.60
      • QTY 18,000: $0.50
    • Stab Inserts: $5 - $8
    • • not sure how many will be ordered so price will vary and I can't say for sure until the order is placed, but it will be in this range.
So between now and monday I will be getting the GB page ready and setting up the order form, which will take some time. If you have any questions, I will be happy to answer them. Thank you all for the support, and sorry that the process has taken so long.

BlindAssassin111

11 Mar 2018, 05:30

GB page is live over on Geekhack, it is easier to have just one page to keep track of from now on, so please keep looking over there. https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=94500.0

BlindAssassin111

18 Mar 2018, 03:42

We are currently at 6820 sliders and 4725 top housings with almost a week left to order. Lets make this happen!!!

Anakey

27 Mar 2018, 11:17

Just wanted to bump this incase anyone is still interested. The GB is extended until midnight US Central time and MOQ for both sliders and top housings have been met with top housings currently at $0.80.

lotsati

07 Apr 2018, 09:53

Looks like GB form on Geekhack has been re-opened since 1/4th of people in the buy didn't end up paying invoices :(

BlindAssassin111

21 Aug 2018, 23:04

Update:

...Sorry to those who have found this thread, I have only been updating the GH page because it is easier to have everything in one place, but forgot to post here saying that.

If you see this please head over the GH for updates. https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=94500.0

Alectardy98

02 Dec 2020, 00:43

is there any information about round 2 of this GB? Where should I check to keep up to date?

Return to “Group buys”