GMK Greek Olivetti - GB is live

User avatar
Myoth

28 Apr 2018, 03:56

still no handbag ... using French style mods but no handbag ... what a shame ....

User avatar
hansichen

17 Jul 2018, 20:59

Sorry for the silence in this thread: kits are designed now and GB will go live this week and be open for a month, more details will follow soon.

User avatar
hansichen

08 Aug 2018, 21:24

GB should go live this friday. US proxy will be novelkeys :)

User avatar
depletedvespene

08 Aug 2018, 21:30

Uhhh... meaning we should make our purchase order directly to NovelKeys?

User avatar
hansichen

08 Aug 2018, 22:43

Ouh, good question as you are from Chile. I'm not sure if NovelKeys offers international shipping. Normally the US shop handles all international order apart from those who have their own proxy so I assume that they'll be your place to buy it.

There'll definetly be a way for you to get your keyset shipped to you but I'm not sure whether you have to order from candykeys or novelkeys, sorry. We'll see that once the gb is live.

User avatar
depletedvespene

08 Aug 2018, 22:50

hansichen wrote: Ouh, good question as you are from Chile. I'm not sure if NovelKeys offers international shipping. Normally the US shop handles all international order apart from those who have their own proxy so I assume that they'll be your place to buy it.

There'll definetly be a way for you to get your keyset shipped to you but I'm not sure whether you have to order from candykeys or novelkeys, sorry. We'll see that once the gb is live.
I have a proxy address in Texas, so I suppose I can be treated as if I were a "domestic" customer when ordering from NovelKeys. Thanks!

User avatar
hansichen

08 Aug 2018, 23:00

That's of course the easiest and cheapest solution :D

User avatar
scottc

08 Aug 2018, 23:04

Murkans probably won't be paying VAT on the set either so if I had to choose, I'd get it shipped from the US too, unless CandyKeys allow you to pay without VAT included if buying outside the EU.

User avatar
hansichen

08 Aug 2018, 23:17

I think Candykeys offers VAT-free shipments to places outside of the EU or to companies :)

User avatar
hansichen

20 Aug 2018, 21:48

Group buy is live now :)

User avatar
depletedvespene

20 Aug 2018, 21:50

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooh!

User avatar
depletedvespene

20 Aug 2018, 21:51

Er... I mean....

ωοοοοοοοοοοοοοοοοοοοοοοοοοοοοοη!

User avatar
enrique.aliaga

20 Aug 2018, 22:05

Nooooo... Just when I ordered Originative's "True Olivetti" last week on Massdrop. D:

How did I never come across this post?? The Greek sublegends are an awesome touch! :sadpanda:

:(

pkzheng

23 Aug 2018, 04:34

Ordered 1. Thanks.

User avatar
Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

23 Aug 2018, 14:00

These definitely look great, but too expensive in my opinion for ABS.

User avatar
Muirium
µ

23 Aug 2018, 19:21

$160… oof! Fair enough, that price buys you a nice completist set, but that’s GMK. I’ve enough ABS already in my life.

User avatar
LightningXI

23 Sep 2018, 19:25

GB got cancelled because it didn't make MOQ.... Any chance this will come back in the future? :(

User avatar
hansichen

23 Sep 2018, 20:09

LightningXI wrote: GB got cancelled because it didn't make MOQ.... Any chance this will come back in the future? :(
Sadly not so far, the numbers were so low that I don't see a chance for it now. Maybe something flashier would sell like it does with japanese caps but that's not my thing. And with modern dolch, Space Cadet, TA 90 there were several sets recently with OG colours, so not a good time for another set.

We've probably all seen the dyesub greek set which sold here today. A doubleshot version of those caps exists too:

Image

I'm pretty sure that GMK has these molds too (but I haven't asked them). So if someone wants to make a Beige/9009/etc upgrade kit with 13 keys it should remain affordable (probably like 20$ each, maybe 2000$ in total) and there are probably more fans of standard beige than there are for olivetti (afaik the standard olivetti had issues to hit moq last time at oco too :( ). I personally won't do any research in that regard but I can encourage other people to do it. I'd definetly buy a set if someone makes such a kit :D

User avatar
Drclick

23 Sep 2018, 20:10

That's a bad news, I think there is enough beige olivetti in the market.
Maybe OG colors will help?

Image

User avatar
hansichen

23 Sep 2018, 20:23

I personally don't have an OG olivetti set and I currently don't plan to try a rerun with different colours. You already initiated the successfull og colour Triumph Adler group buy so if you wanna do that with Olivetti too feel free to do so but it'll probably have a hard time currently

User avatar
LightningXI

23 Sep 2018, 20:45

hansichen wrote:
LightningXI wrote: GB got cancelled because it didn't make MOQ.... Any chance this will come back in the future? :(
Sadly not so far, the numbers were so low that I don't see a chance for it now. Maybe something flashier would sell like it does with japanese caps but that's not my thing. And with modern dolch, Space Cadet, TA 90 there were several sets recently with OG colours, so not a good time for another set.

We've probably all seen the dyesub greek set which sold here today. A doubleshot version of those caps exists too:

Image

I'm pretty sure that GMK has these molds too (but I haven't asked them). So if someone wants to make a Beige/9009/etc upgrade kit with 13 keys it should remain affordable (probably like 20$ each, maybe 2000$ in total) and there are probably more fans of standard beige than there are for olivetti (afaik the standard olivetti had issues to hit moq last time at oco too :( ). I personally won't do any research in that regard but I can encourage other people to do it. I'd definetly buy a set if someone makes such a kit :D
I'd be down for a doubleshot in the same style as 3026 SAQ or 3090 SAQ (like the dyesubs) in the OG beige colors. GMK should indeed have the molds for doubleshot Greek sublegends, that they received from Cherry.

More importantly, to provide constructive feedback, what I have heard from community people who are also fans of Olivetti/beige sets and similar is that the main criticism they had was that they were turned away by the duplicate legends (see E,T,Y,O,A,H,K,Z,X,B,N,M). I suppose people might like a more understated / less busier look like the SAQ models'.

I'd certainly buy the heck out of a set in that style and without the duplicate legends, regardless of whether it is in beige or Olivetti.

I strongly believe that a re-attempt with these changes would be much worthwhile. There never is "good timing" with the plethora of GMK set interest-checks coming out lately, so it's worth it to keep trying until it sticks! I hope someone can make it happen. I would push for it, but I barely have bandwidth to handle such large logistics given my career.

Post Reply

Return to “Group buys”