Alps SKCL Switches (Round 2)

waldorf120

07 May 2018, 01:54

green-squid wrote: BTW, same seller has SKCM Black Alps. Could be interesting, I would love to own a tactile mechanical keyboard.

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=20 ... 6922689%7D
FYI the black slidered switches being sold on tabao are not SKCM Alps, but rather Forward Electronics branded SKBM blacks, which according to the wiki can be either tactile or clicky with no clear difference between the two from the outside. You can tell these are Forwards by the "FD" branding on the bottom, and the fact that the seller lists them as "similar Alps" like the SKBL yellows.

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

07 May 2018, 08:06

The seller actually sent me of of those blacks (presumably by accident) and they are SKBM Tactile Black.

Pluto

07 May 2018, 11:38

I hope I'm not too late, but if I'm not, may I get 70 of the Yellows?

Chyros

07 May 2018, 12:06

green-squid wrote: BTW, same seller has SKCM Black Alps. Could be interesting, I would love to own a tactile mechanical keyboard.

Please note that if those pictures reflect the actual items on sale, those are not SKCM - they are some simplified version.

green-squid

07 May 2018, 13:00

Chyros wrote:

Please note that if those pictures reflect the actual items on sale, those are not SKCM - they are some simplified version.
Are they any good? Looking at building an ortholinear with these tactile switches, I have never tried tactile mechs.

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

07 May 2018, 13:11

Buy-in period is now closed. I am now working on getting everything together and will be getting (hopefully) all of the invoices out today.

Chyros

07 May 2018, 13:28

green-squid wrote:
Chyros wrote:

Are they any good? Looking at building an ortholinear with these tactile switches, I have never tried tactile mechs.
Not even sure if they're tactile to begin with!

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

07 May 2018, 13:36

They are tactile, but they are the lesser simplified version made by Forward.

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

07 May 2018, 14:13

I have now invoiced everyone who responded to my PM, still waiting on a response from a few people.

pansku
Member of the Beam Spring cult

07 May 2018, 16:52

And invoice paid! Now the waiting game begins :D

(Waiting for the next invoice for shipping :roll: )

livingspeedbump
Not what they seem

07 May 2018, 21:04

Paid up

pyrelink

07 May 2018, 22:12

paid.

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

08 May 2018, 07:59

Still waiting on 10 people for payment, 3 of whom have yet to give me their PayPal address for invoicing. Please pay as soon as you can so that I can get the order submitted.

jbondeson

08 May 2018, 20:48

Ok you slackers, don't make us send the "collectors" out :evilgeek:

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

08 May 2018, 20:59

jbondeson wrote: Ok you slackers, don't make us send the "collectors" out :evilgeek:

waldorf120

08 May 2018, 21:00

Blaise, would you be able to list who has already paid so we can confirm that you got the payment?

green-squid

08 May 2018, 21:03

Blaise170 wrote:
jbondeson wrote: Ok you slackers, don't make us send the "collectors" out :evilgeek:
That guy didn't even slap him, just swinged it in fron of him!

By the way, Blaise, did you like the Forward electronics SKBM Tactile the seller sent you?

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

08 May 2018, 21:08

It was okay, but it's definitely the worst of the Alps tactile switches (SKCM Black is better, though still not as good as the other tactile Alps).

green-squid

08 May 2018, 21:15

Blaise170 wrote: It was okay, but it's definitely the worst of the Alps tactile switches (SKCM Black is better, though still not as good as the other tactile Alps).
Oh that sucks! I wish I could get good tactile Alps for cheap somewhere (I have seen Alps SKCM Neon Green's part number being listed at suppliers when I searched it, maybe there is hope!)!

By the way, my yellow alps (I was the first orderer :D ) have arrived at the post office, but we couldn't get them because they closed the post office in front of us!! You can't make this up!!! :evil:

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

09 May 2018, 14:48

I''m still awaiting payment from four people (two of whom still haven't responded to my invoice request), however I went ahead and paid for the order with my balance so that everyone else does not have to wait. Please pay as soon as reasonably possible or at least let me know if you no longer want your order so that I can stop bugging about it.

waldorf120

09 May 2018, 17:18

Blaise170 wrote: I''m still awaiting payment from four people (two of whom still haven't responded to my invoice request), however I went ahead and paid for the order with my balance so that everyone else does not have to wait.
You sir are a gentleman and a scholar

green-squid

09 May 2018, 18:02

Thank you Blaise! 8-)

Dingster

09 May 2018, 18:05

green-squid wrote: Image

Thank you Blaise! 8-)
Now you only need to wire it ;)

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

09 May 2018, 18:12

Updated OP with most recent information.

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

09 May 2018, 21:07

We are now down to just three people remaining with only one person not responding for invoicing. So close to 100% payment!

codemonkeymike

09 May 2018, 21:45

I was that one who didn't respond. Just payed, sorry for the tardyness

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

09 May 2018, 22:12

To be clear, it wasn't you codemonkeymike, there is someone who still hasn't provided their email yet for invoicing. I've sent them both a PM and email (from DT) and am awaiting a response. But, that makes two people left who haven't paid, and of the two, I fully trust one of them to pay since he is quite active here most days.

waldorf120

11 May 2018, 20:04

Full disclosure: I just missed the first round of this buy, and not sure if another was going through combined with my impulsiveness I actually bought 250 SKCL yellows on my own, before joining the buy for another 256. Those first 250 came in two days ago, and I've been at work replacing the cream dampeneds in my Kustom with them.

These babies are so smooth, at least as smooth as my used SKCL greens, and I love the look of those sliders. So excited to get some caps on these bad boys! Many many boards are going to be getting some of this gold. Of note, it would appear that these SKCL yellows are lighter than my greens, but that could just be due to their NOS condition.

Imgur Album

mog_genius88

11 May 2018, 21:11

waldorf120 wrote: Full disclosure: I just missed the first round of this buy, and not sure if another was going through combined with my impulsiveness I actually bought 250 SKCL yellows on my own, before joining the buy for another 256. Those first 250 came in two days ago, and I've been at work replacing the cream dampeneds in my Kustom with them.

These babies are so smooth, at least as smooth as my used SKCL greens, and I love the look of those sliders. So excited to get some caps on these bad boys! Many many boards are going to be getting some of this gold. Of note, it would appear that these SKCL yellows are lighter than my greens, but that could just be due to their NOS condition.

Imgur Album
Interesting. I thought yellows were heavier. The only thing i didnt like about greens was how light they were. They look beautiful!

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

11 May 2018, 21:22

The yellows I currently have in my posesssion are probably the smoothest Alps I've ever used. I'm not sure if that's due to them being new or if it is truly a different switch from SKCL Yellow. The smoothness actually makes them feel a bit lighter than they actually are.

Return to “Group buys”