Alps SKCL Switches (Round 2)

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

13 Jun 2018, 19:07

All invoices have been sent out, shipping calculated via the addresses I pulled from PayPal. If this address is not correct, please let me know before paying your invoice. Also, I did not include insurance in the cost, if this is something that concerns you, I can add the cost to your invoice and upgrade the shipping for you.

reececonrad

13 Jun 2018, 19:36

Thanks, dude. Paid my invoice. Can't wait to try them out.

tron

13 Jun 2018, 21:05

Second invoice paid. Thanks again for running this group buy :D

pansku
Member of the Beam Spring cult

13 Jun 2018, 22:07

Aaand paid again. Now I have to start figuring out what is it exactly that I want to do with all these switches.

codemonkeymike

13 Jun 2018, 23:08

pansku wrote: Aaand paid again. Now I have to start figuring out what is it exactly that I want to do with all these switches.
Same, may try out swapping the top housing with scratchy blues and see if it has any effect.

mike52787
Alps Aficionado

13 Jun 2018, 23:10

so you want to make linear blues? you do know you can't fit a click leaf into linear alps tops

codemonkeymike

14 Jun 2018, 03:00

mike52787 wrote: so you want to make linear blues? you do know you can't fit a click leaf into linear alps tops
Hmm, didn't know that

mike52787
Alps Aficionado

14 Jun 2018, 03:02

codemonkeymike wrote:
mike52787 wrote: so you want to make linear blues? you do know you can't fit a click leaf into linear alps tops
Nah, just top housing
like I said. SKCL top housings do not accomodate click/tactile leaves. the position for the LED takes up the space that the leaf normally would.

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

14 Jun 2018, 03:03

codemonkeymike wrote:
Hmm, didn't know that
The click leaf takes up the space where the LED cutout goes, hence why clicky Alps can't use LEDs.

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

14 Jun 2018, 12:51

Anyone who paid me before 07:00 EST (11:00 UTC) should go out this morning, got everything labelled and plan on shipping out this morning. For everyone else, I may not be able to get to the post office this weekend but should go out Monday if I am unable to make it.

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

16 Jun 2018, 18:30

First deliveries have just been made. Only a few people haven't yet paid, and anyone who hasn't will have their packages shipped out next week (or later depending on payment).

deadmoose

17 Jun 2018, 02:24

Thanks again Blaise for running the GB, I just received them today. :)

applehugger

17 Jun 2018, 03:10

I got mine today too and wasted no time in soldering them into my Omnikey Ultra-T. It’s pretty unbelievable that we’re all here in 2018, more than 20 years after complicated ALPS went out of production, and we get to type on brand new ALPS switches. Thanks for running the group guy again Blaise. This was the most flawlessly amazing executed group buy I’ve even been a part of, and I’m super happy with the Yellow ALPS switches.

Has anyone tried the ALPS clones yet? I can’t get them mounted into an ALPS switchplate. It’s like they’re ever so slightly too big. I got only a few as a novelty, so it’s not a big deal if they don’t fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pyrelink

17 Jun 2018, 03:33

Just got mine and I agree with the rest, these are some truly impressive Alps. Almost makes me question if ultra sonic restoring my green alps is even worth it when I know that these exist!

As for the clones, I only got a few for cuiosities sake and they are not great. They don’t fit into any of my Alps plates without modification and they don’t feel all that great to press. The tactile bump/click feels like it starts too high up in the keytravel, and the click action feels a little violent. But hey, I don’t think anyone was expecting greatness there :lol:

Thanks again Blaise, this went well.

LightningXI

20 Jun 2018, 00:20

How exciting. I hope I can get some extras of the Yellows for an upcoming build. Congrats on a smooth buy.

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk

craghawk

20 Jun 2018, 04:52

How exciting. I hope I can get some extras of the Yellows for an upcoming build. Congrats on a smooth buy.
Yeah, I'm waiting for it also.

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

20 Jun 2018, 20:21

I'll probably be selling the extras next week.

pansku
Member of the Beam Spring cult

21 Jun 2018, 15:50

Just received mine and they do feel quite nice. A big thanks for running this awesome GB!!

Pluto

22 Jun 2018, 07:03

I also just received my switches and these Yellows are feeling preeetty awesome! Thanks again for running this groupbuy, Blaise!

Nuum

30 Jun 2018, 18:09

My switches arrived yesterday, thanks Blaise!

foxmancore

01 Jul 2018, 08:20

SKCL greens next? :D

typischt

20 Jul 2018, 00:31

Did you sell the extras already?

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

20 Jul 2018, 01:28

No, I never got a chance to get around to it. If anyone is interested in an amount less than 200 though, PM me and I'll invoice you.

Daimakaimura

20 Jul 2018, 12:20

PMed!

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

20 Jul 2018, 22:59

Wow so many PMs while I was away. :?

As I said, I've been especially busy so it might take me a few days to get to them.

LightningXI

23 Jul 2018, 16:43

Sent a PM a few days back; hoping I can get some of the extras!

typischt

24 Jul 2018, 00:08

LightningXI wrote:Sent a PM a few days back; hoping I can get some of the extras!
Yeah, me too, but it seems that a lot of people shot a PM and it‘ll take some time to go through them all. :)

Applet

03 Jun 2019, 11:18

Any chance for a rerun of this? 8-) (or extras available)

Return to “Group buys”