SKB75 / SKB65 / SKB60 (SHIPPING!!!)

Omikron

28 Nov 2018, 17:52

*duplicate*
Last edited by Omikron on 28 Nov 2018, 17:54, edited 1 time in total.

Omikron

28 Nov 2018, 17:54

As I said - it is not the problems which define us - it is how we handle them.

User avatar
hansichen

28 Nov 2018, 18:12

It's fully up to the group buy runner who he wants to join and who not. Nothing wrong with that.

I'm not sure why you even expect that he would want to share his 3 factories. There is no group buy runner afaik who has done that before (apart from the obvious SA, GMK sets), there are some people who would share them to close friends and I only know 1-2 people who would share them to a wider range of people. But not in a public forum.

I personally can think of at least 5 reasons why he wouldn't wanna do that and I don't think that he has to explain himself for his decision. I have no idea why you want to assume how his factory works or whether he has personal relationships to (3?) factories. I don't know why you assume that und why this would be wrong. You are criticising his whole organization and then you wonder that he doesn't wanna do a business with you?

And regarding communication: this group buy had quite a few problems so far but this is by far the most transparent group buy that I've seen in a while. It shouldn't happen that you forget one thread but that happened once and he excused for that. No reason to blow this up. Overall this is a group buy and PlastikSchnittstelle does his best to achieve a good product and good communication with the buyers.

Grow up and move to another thread if you disagree with his way to run a group buy but be warned that you'll probably have to organize everything by yourself if you wanna have such high requirements how a group buy runner should handle a project.

Omikron

28 Nov 2018, 19:02

Well if there was a better feedback that people could get without constant update inquiring (this also happens on GH and reddit apparently) then there would be no such conversation to start with. Everybody is a human but how hard can it be just to post 1 line of text on the forum? It takes less than a minute.

User avatar
PlastikSchnittstelle

28 Nov 2018, 21:00

all i did was a simple paypal refund. no idea what the heck he is talking about.

User avatar
PlastikSchnittstelle

28 Nov 2018, 21:08

hehe, I just had a fun idea.
before he was refunded, omikron was in for a SKB75.
before I ship everything, I'll make another raffle with this SKB75.
so thanks to him one more SKB75 will be given away :D

Omikron

28 Nov 2018, 21:14

Good luck for the winner. I hope he gets it by march.

User avatar
PlastikSchnittstelle

15 Dec 2018, 17:28

Here I attached the updated order list as pdf again.
If for some reason there are still some mistakes - no problem, there are still quite a few extras left from each version, so I can manage if I got something wrong.

Since there is not much for me to do now other then waiting, I'll keep it quiet for a while.

Also:
Some of you had asked me for a custom plate. I made quite a few already, some interesting ones, already three alps plates, for example. So if I haven't made this clear by now: If you want a custom plate, just pm me, let me know what you want and you'll get a DXF with your custom plate from me.
Attachments
[GB] SKBXX 2018-12-15.pdf
(100.57 KiB) Downloaded 62 times

Shihatsu

16 Dec 2018, 09:55

The plates are both ISO and ANSI - what would it cost to have the plate(s) ("s" because if have one extra orderes) in truly iso fashion? And would it be much of a difference? What else could a custome plate bring for differences or advantages? MAybe some of the custom orderers mind to explain? I am curious, as this is my first true custom my knowledge is kinda limited...
My order is correct, btw.

User avatar
hansichen

16 Dec 2018, 10:04

Shihatsu wrote: The plates are both ISO and ANSI - what would it cost to have the plate(s) ("s" because if have one extra orderes) in truly iso fashion? And would it be much of a difference? What else could a custome plate bring for differences or advantages? MAybe some of the custom orderers mind to explain? I am curious, as this is my first true custom my knowledge is kinda limited...
My order is correct, btw.
Something like 35-40€ shipped for the cheapest steel plate without any finish if you order from laserboost. The custom alps plates are made to support alps switches, not sure if people also make custom mx plates for this board. A single layout plate is very convenient for assembly and you'll have the best switch positions possible. But once the board is built the difference is rather minor imo.

Anakey

16 Dec 2018, 12:26

there is also the consideration that the plate from the gb will have black zinc oxide treatment that the lazerboost plate would not have so the plate would need to be further finished to make it not stand out from the black case

User avatar
LightningXI

06 Jan 2019, 08:49

PlastikSchnittstelle wrote: Here I attached the updated order list as pdf again.
If for some reason there are still some mistakes - no problem, there are still quite a few extras left from each version, so I can manage if I got something wrong.

Since there is not much for me to do now other then waiting, I'll keep it quiet for a while.

Also:
Some of you had asked me for a custom plate. I made quite a few already, some interesting ones, already three alps plates, for example. So if I haven't made this clear by now: If you want a custom plate, just pm me, let me know what you want and you'll get a DXF with your custom plate from me.
Hello PlastikSchnittstelle -- Would you mind reminding us as to what the timeline looks like from now on? Would you please update the OP (original - 1st - post in thread) as we go as well?

Also, if you could please send me DXFs of each MX and Alps plates for HHKB and 60% WKL, I would appreciate it. Thank you.

User avatar
PlastikSchnittstelle

15 Jan 2019, 13:01

LightningXI wrote:
06 Jan 2019, 08:49
PlastikSchnittstelle wrote: Here I attached the updated order list as pdf again.
If for some reason there are still some mistakes - no problem, there are still quite a few extras left from each version, so I can manage if I got something wrong.

Since there is not much for me to do now other then waiting, I'll keep it quiet for a while.

Also:
Some of you had asked me for a custom plate. I made quite a few already, some interesting ones, already three alps plates, for example. So if I haven't made this clear by now: If you want a custom plate, just pm me, let me know what you want and you'll get a DXF with your custom plate from me.
Hello PlastikSchnittstelle -- Would you mind reminding us as to what the timeline looks like from now on? Would you please update the OP (original - 1st - post in thread) as we go as well?

Also, if you could please send me DXFs of each MX and Alps plates for HHKB and 60% WKL, I would appreciate it. Thank you.
Oh, sorry, hadn't checked here for some time. You're right, start post really needs to be updated, will take care about this some time this week.
regarding your custom plate DXF, yep, no problem, also this week (please check your spam).

User avatar
PlastikSchnittstelle

20 Feb 2019, 11:49

UPDATE:

let me keep it short:
another delay

why:
they messed up most of the bottom parts.

consequence:
order more of that sheet metal alloy. they only do that together when they order their standard stuff as well, so more wait. when they have redone the bottom parts, then all parts can go to bead blasting and anodizing after that.

negative aspect:
this is really a huge disappointment for me. finally getting them was a point of relief that I was very much looking forward to.

positive aspect:
yes, I think there is one. instead of just delivering what they've done so far, they realize something isn't OK and they redo it. I think they wouldn't want to risk having the parts bead blasted and anodized and then having to take some back. that would have been much worse for all.

can I do something now:
- thinking about raffling out one or two more cases to comfort you. not quite sure how much more I can afford to give away, will see later. maybe some of the protos can be raffled out as well.
- I haven't updated the start post for a while now, just too much other stuff to do atm and this thing has become a monster. hope to be able to bring it up to the latest in the coming weeks.
- I still have one SKB60-YAS proto of which I had only shown phone pics. was a rushed build and I wasn't happy with the switches I had used. it wasn't part of the latest outdoor photoshoot. it has been desoldered and gotten new switches since. will finde time to take nice pics of that build.
- will continue to make custom plates for you on request (still two or three in the pipeline)

in hindsight:
I should have contacted much more factories to get more quotes.
this is all a learning process for me.

User avatar
depletedvespene

20 Feb 2019, 11:54

Damn. Is there an expected, or even provisional, date for the procurement of the new materials?

User avatar
PlastikSchnittstelle

20 Feb 2019, 12:09

depletedvespene wrote:
20 Feb 2019, 11:54
Damn. Is there an expected, or even provisional, date for the procurement of the new materials?
all I can say now is that they told me they definately will have the material again this month. that basically means they can start making the bottom parts again in about one week from now.

Typo

21 Feb 2019, 20:42

Surely I'm only speaking for myself, but you shouldn't worry too much about the delay and definitely shouldn't feel obliged to give away stuff because of it. It's almost inevitable to hit some bumps in the road.

User avatar
depletedvespene

21 Feb 2019, 21:36

Typo wrote:
21 Feb 2019, 20:42
Surely I'm only speaking for myself, but you shouldn't worry too much about the delay and definitely shouldn't feel obliged to give away stuff because of it. It's almost inevitable to hit some bumps in the road.
I concur with this opinion.

User avatar
Menuhin

22 Feb 2019, 08:45

Typo wrote:
21 Feb 2019, 20:42
Surely I'm only speaking for myself, but you shouldn't worry too much about the delay and definitely shouldn't feel obliged to give away stuff because of it. It's almost inevitable to hit some bumps in the road.
+1

User avatar
pizza_is_a_lie

07 Mar 2019, 17:45

Typo wrote:
21 Feb 2019, 20:42
Surely I'm only speaking for myself, but you shouldn't worry too much about the delay and definitely shouldn't feel obliged to give away stuff because of it. It's almost inevitable to hit some bumps in the road.
+2.

The same happened with round 1 of my Keebag group buy. Totally out of my control that US customs request more and more documentation from myself and the proxy, holding them for a good few weeks on an already delayed production run because my manufacturer were awaiting labels...

It happens. As someone on both sides of the rope, you'll be overwhelmed when it all falls in to place. On the other hand, I'm still buzzed to get my hands on one of these.

User avatar
PlastikSchnittstelle

16 Mar 2019, 09:50

since I can't do anything but wait at this stage, I wanted to get some distance from the skb project and did't check the forums for the last two weeks - really needed a little rest from this.

but I have a new ETA now:
second week of april

User avatar
FSund

16 Mar 2019, 10:10

Thanks for the update! Looking forward to building this badboy.

User avatar
PlastikSchnittstelle

10 Apr 2019, 10:50

Hey guys, OKAY, it's really hard but I have to inform you about another little delay of about two weeks. please read for yourself:
verzögerung.jpg
verzögerung.jpg (180.57 KiB) Viewed 1495 times
for all who don't understand german, I asked last week if I can plan picking up the parts. the answer is basically that the parts are not finished at beadblasting and expected to be back around the 9th (yesterday) and will then be brought to anodizing wich "normally takes around eight days". This would mean next week but that week is easter holiday so I would expect more like the week after that.

we are really close now, can really feel!

as reparation I want to raffle out two more cases. That would be three cases because one was already said to be raffled out but hasen't been jet. will apply to only the first 150 orders, all later are quite recent and haven't had to wait that long in comparison. will do the raffle once I have the cases.

bear with me guys!

oh damn, I had never expected it would drag out that long that I would feel the need to post screenshots of my communication.

RealityCavesIn

10 Apr 2019, 11:09

Speaking for myself, no worries. You shouldn't feel obligated to make reparations. Stuff happens. It is after all a small, custom made order and delays are bound to happen.

This is gonna be a fun build:)

User avatar
Menuhin

10 Apr 2019, 12:07

@PlastikSchnittstelle

Don't worry, and don't feel the obligation to do extra raffles.
I don't want to say German companies are not efficient, which can be true in some case; instead I try to appreciate that they are meticulous to get things right. What we see here is just Murphy's law: "What has a chance to go wrong, will go wrong at some point in time." - so it happens also in GBs.

By the way, I would enjoy you sharing your experience of various gasket options in your prototypes, with nice pictures. That is already as good as raffle and that is truly for everyone in the GB.

Please reward yourself and enjoy the coming Easter holidays!

User avatar
depletedvespene

10 Apr 2019, 13:31

RealityCavesIn wrote:
10 Apr 2019, 11:09
Speaking for myself, no worries. You shouldn't feel obligated to make reparations. Stuff happens. It is after all a small, custom made order and delays are bound to happen.
I concur.
RealityCavesIn wrote:
10 Apr 2019, 11:09
This is gonna be a fun build:)
I concur. :D

Shihatsu

10 Apr 2019, 20:38

Mach hier keinen Scheiss extra Lotterie nur weil die zu blöd für ihre Termine sind. Kannst ja nichts für. Gib lieber nochmal n paar Fotos vom bauen oder so - das macht viel mehr Sinn. Zu faul für Englisch, war ne harte Woche, sorry :(

User avatar
Menuhin

10 Apr 2019, 22:09

Ah, you can also upload some ASMR typing demo videos using the prototypes with sexy background music.
Of course with nice switches such as lubed vintage blacks.

Then we can spending our time positively with anticipations to the build.

User avatar
PlastikSchnittstelle

26 Apr 2019, 16:54

I HAVE THE PARTS!!!
Attachments
Foto 26.04.19, 16 32 10.jpg
Foto 26.04.19, 16 32 10.jpg (574.08 KiB) Viewed 1304 times
Foto 26.04.19, 16 31 12.jpg
Foto 26.04.19, 16 31 12.jpg (681.09 KiB) Viewed 1304 times

User avatar
depletedvespene

26 Apr 2019, 16:55

You seem to have two feet as well. :mrgreen:


EXCELLENT NEWS!

Post Reply

Return to “Group buys”