Programmable Vintage board PCBs - Omnikey, AT101, and Z-150

BlindAssassin111

30 Jun 2018, 00:15

Welcome!
I recently ran a GB for the Omnikey PCB I designed and after a few modifications to fix compatibility with older variants of the omnikey, I am back with round 2.

Along with the Omnikey board I will have the AT101/AT101W/SGI board and a Zenith Z-150 board for sale as well. Details below

PCB Renders:
- Omnikey PCB
Omnikey.png
Omnikey.png (157.12 KiB) Viewed 80206 times
- AT101 PCB
AT101_PCB_Top.png
AT101_PCB_Top.png (127.72 KiB) Viewed 80206 times
- Z-150 PCB
Z-150_PCB_Top.PNG
Z-150_PCB_Top.PNG (130.19 KiB) Viewed 80206 times
Sorry for the bad renders, I don't have any better way to render PCBs at the moment.

Product Info:
The boards will be matte black with ENIG(Gold) pads, with silkscreen in white. Omnikey has a logo, AT101 may have a small logo, Z-150 may have a small logo, will be determined before manu order.

- The Omnikey board Supports:
  • Ultra
    Ultra T
    Plus
    As well as all other derivatives/variants
-The AT101 PCB supports:
  • AT101
    AT101W
    SGI variants
-The Z-150 supports just itself as I don't know of any other board that would work at the current time.

What is Needed:
  • Teensy++ or Teensy2.0the AT101 PCB
    Indicator LEDs
    Resistors for LEDs
    Switches
    Diodes, if not bought along with PCB
Omnikey Layouts:
Supported layouts include all original layouts for the omnikeys, and include the option for ANSI or ISO support for enter and shift keys. As well there is the option for the below layouts, matching colors can be swapped and red keys will have to be given up to do so.
Omnikey_Layouts.png
Omnikey_Layouts.png (87.33 KiB) Viewed 80206 times
You can cut of the extra function columns on the left hand side, using either a razor saw and cutting down the middle of the plated holes where the silkscreen line is. Or you can score down that line, on both sides, with a sharp blade and snap it off to support boards without the extra function keys.

AT101 Layouts:
Supported layouts include all original layouts for the AT101s, and include the option for ISO support for enter and shift keys. As well there is the option for the below layouts, matching colors can be swapped and red keys will have to be given up to do so. Options include both style stepped caps lock, 1.5U and 1.25U, to allow support of Tai-Hao alps cap sets and cherry style sets.
AT101_Layout.png
AT101_Layout.png (77.69 KiB) Viewed 80206 times
Z-150 Layouts:
Supported layouts include the original layout, along with an AT/XT and TKL hybrid layout.
Z-150_Layout.png
Z-150_Layout.png (88.73 KiB) Viewed 80206 times

Pricing:
Note: Prices do not include final shipping or Paypal fees.

PCBs:
  • Omnikey:
    • 10 - $66
      15 - $53
      20 - $46
      30 - $36
      40+ - $33
    AT101:
    • 10 - $65
      15 - $51
      20 - $45
      30 - $35
      40+ - $31
    Z-150:
    • 5 - $85
      10 - $56
      15 - $43
      20 - $39
      30 - $30
      40+ - $27
Diodes:
  • 140 - $6
    110 - $5
Tai-Hao Spacebar stab adapters:
  • 1 set - $5(estimate as quantity lowers price)
Shipping:
  • US - $15
    International - $15 to $20
Schedule:
This GB will open on 7/2 at 5pm central time and close on 7/23 at midnight central time.

Invoices will be sent out once I receive your order and are due on receipt. Once the GB closes I will refund the extra amount paid for any price drops hit. Failure to pay by 7/27 at midnight central time, will black list you from future GBs. I don't want to have the same issues I had with the Nexus slider GB, so this is how it will be done.

Production will take 2-3 weeks to arrive at my door. From there I will ship them out within 1 to 2 weeks depending on how many PCBs are ordered.

Order Link:
Link: https://goo.gl/forms/Ayiuc56LBBcvK2sS2

Note: If you were part of the first round and you experienced issues with fitment, please PM me prior to placing your order to confirm a discount on your order of a round 2 omnikey PCB.

Note: If you wish to order a Round 1 omnikey PCB that is guaranteed to fit the Ultra T, 101 with the badge door, and Avant variants. I have a few available for sale for $34 each. Pm if interested.

Live Order Count:
Last edited by BlindAssassin111 on 13 Jul 2018, 20:50, edited 2 times in total.

foxmancore

30 Jun 2018, 08:11

Thanks for doing this! GLWGB!

While I'm not gonna order this, if you ever decide to make an alps compatible PCB that fits current custom TKLs I'd order like 5 of those.

BlindAssassin111

02 Jul 2018, 22:39

Update:

Just wanted to note that the Z-150 board has been changed a bit, I moved the Teensy++ a bit and added notches on the top edge of the board similar to the original, I was waiting for measurements before I made that change, and I will update pictures when it is fully finished. This will not affect cost.

BlindAssassin111

03 Jul 2018, 00:00

GB is now live!!!

andrewjoy

03 Jul 2018, 10:50

BlindAssassin111 wrote: Update:

Just wanted to note that the Z-150 board has been changed a bit, I moved the Teensy++ a bit and added notches on the top edge of the board similar to the original, I was waiting for measurements before I made that change, and I will update pictures when it is fully finished. This will not affect cost.

DId you put them cable tie holes in ? They are super handy for securing the cable .

BlindAssassin111

06 Jul 2018, 01:56

andrewjoy wrote:
BlindAssassin111 wrote: Update:

DId you put them cable tie holes in ? They are super handy for securing the cable .
The board has cable tie holes? I did not know this...It would be hard to integrate them in as I Have the notch all the way to the edge of the teensy to allow as much fitment room as possible.

BlindAssassin111

07 Jul 2018, 21:03

Update:
Z-150 hit MOQ!!!

Current:
Omnikey - 1 Sad that this is still so low :(
AT101 - 6 Getting closer to MOQ
Z-150 - 6 Getting close to the first price drop!!

//gainsborough
ALPSの日常

09 Jul 2018, 00:49

Would you consider doing a ZKB-2 / 163-73 PCB? An ANSI zenith board would be pretty neat =)

BlindAssassin111

09 Jul 2018, 04:04

//gainsborough wrote: Would you consider doing a ZKB-2 / 163-73 PCB? An ANSI zenith board would be pretty neat =)
I am open for that, just need more info on the board, I don't have the funds to buy boards to measure at this point. I would love to collect all of the boards I have PCBs for but sadly can't. :(

andrewjoy

09 Jul 2018, 11:32

I can measure mine , once the clusterfuck that is the corrosion is fixed.

Or i could loan you the PCB, again once the corrosion is fixed.

BlindAssassin111

11 Jul 2018, 00:36

Update:
Just under a week left and still under MOQ for the Omnikey and AT101, Hopefully more orders come in soon so they can be run! Spread the word around to try and help!

BlindAssassin111

13 Jul 2018, 20:57

Update:

I extended the GB until the 23rd as we are not at the MOQ for the Omnikey or AT101 PCBs. If you know someone who has one of these that may be interested, please let them know, we are so close and it would suck for this to not reach MOQ.

green-squid

13 Jul 2018, 21:26

aah damn it not sure if I should get that Z-150 one, since I know I'll never be able to finish my handwiring project (lack of skill) on it :cry:. the horizontal matrix wires and the diodes are already soldered in.

green-squid

13 Jul 2018, 21:46

Well. ACTUALLY, I think I could finish it, but I have no idea where to solder which matrix on the Teensy++..

BlindAssassin111

17 Jul 2018, 02:55

Update:

1 week left!! Still under MOQ for the Omnikey and AT101 PCBs.

abrahamstechnology

17 Jul 2018, 16:36

Would it be possible for you to design a replacement PCB for the G80-11900? (PS/2 version) I would pay for the design.

BlindAssassin111

19 Jul 2018, 05:35

Update:

Still low on orders.

The omnikey is now down to zero as that order was canceled.

The AT101 is at 7, and I may go ahead and push that to MOQ just because I want to get those who ordered boards but would rather have those purchased instead of sitting around.

The Z-150 is at 8 and before that order was canceled almost hit the first price drop, so unless we can get 2 more ordered by 7/23, the price will not drop.

codemonkeymike

20 Jul 2018, 17:17

Have you posted on GeekHack and r/mk ? You totally should if you have not yet (I really want that z-150 price drop :) )

BlindAssassin111

20 Jul 2018, 18:40

codemonkeymike wrote: Have you posted on GeekHack and r/mk ? You totally should if you have not yet (I really want that z-150 price drop :) )
I did, I also tried to make a deal with someone who was thinking of getting the Z-150 that I would do an early price drop if they place an order, but they haven't yet...

andrewjoy

23 Jul 2018, 11:36

If you want to try to hit MOQ on the northgate you could hit up northgate bob and ask him if he wants some for http://www.northgate-keyboard-repair.com/

BlindAssassin111

23 Jul 2018, 15:51

andrewjoy wrote: If you want to try to hit MOQ on the northgate you could hit up northgate bob and ask him if he wants some for http://www.northgate-keyboard-repair.com/
Huh, never knew that he existed...Thank you for the heads up!

Update:
As for the AT101 PCB, I will go ahead and order the quantity that people have ordered to date, which is 7. I would rather people have the board than cancel it, price will stay the same.

Reminder the GB ends tonight at midnight central time so if you are planning on ordering an AT101 or Z-150 PCB please make sure to have your order in. All payments are due by 7/27 or your order will be canceled.

Muirium
µ

23 Jul 2018, 22:20

Someday I got to put a custom PCB into my home made stainless steel 60%. But I have to assume that you’re fixed to your 3 designs. PCB prototypes are a costly game!

Apparently my (non-PS/2) [wiki]SGI Granite[/wiki] has an AT101-like PCB. It remains one of the most tempting yet useless keyboards I have! But I’ve easier plans to fix it up than to do a complete tear down and PCB swap. Desoldering ain’t my thing, I’ve learned through bitter experience.

andrewjoy

24 Jul 2018, 10:44

Best way to fix your SGI problem Mu is to buy a NIB dell AT101, take that out and put it in the SGI case whist cutting the little tabs off. balotz has a crap load of NIB ANSI.

You can also get replacement ANSI keysets of aliexpress Doubleshot too.

scottc

24 Jul 2018, 11:38

Mu, you can get 60% PCBs off of aliexpress for pennies these days - I can recommend the XD60. It's a big step up from hand-wiring!

Muirium
µ

24 Jul 2018, 12:01

Trouble with my custom 60% is its case. Very unlikely to find a standard PCB that’ll fit:

group-buys-f50/laser-cut-prototyping-mi ... ml#p129019

After several attempts at hand wiring—each more cunning than the last—all went bad after days or weeks of use, I gave up on it and it’s been sitting in pieces ever since. Taught me not to bet on my persistence!

scottc

24 Jul 2018, 12:13

Ouch. That's a pain. I'd forgotten about that.

Maybe we can tempt you with an all bent aluminium custom case that can house standard PCBs instead?

andrewjoy

24 Jul 2018, 13:01

Thais a nice case, shame no TKL version for my filco zero :p

Tempted for my alps 60 but the bottom bezel is a bit tick to work with my rollermouse

Muirium
µ

24 Jul 2018, 13:45

scottc wrote: Ouch. That's a pain. I'd forgotten about that.

Maybe we can tempt you with an all bent aluminium custom case that can house standard PCBs instead?
When is a keyboard still a keyboard?

I’ve no purpose in buying another MX board. Indeed, I’d rather just shift these parts. Replacing the lot of them with nothing feels more efficient than buying vaguely related shit, in addition.

BlindAssassin111

24 Jul 2018, 19:47

Update:

Still waiting on 4 people to pay their invoices before I can process refunds for the Z-150 price drop, as well as possible price changes for the spacebar inserts.

Muirium
µ

24 Jul 2018, 20:19

andrewjoy wrote: Best way to fix your SGI problem Mu is to buy a NIB dell AT101, take that out and put it in the SGI case whist cutting the little tabs off. balotz has a crap load of NIB ANSI.
Okay, say I did that. (I’m unknowledgable about Dell keyboards. Feel free to clue me.) One of these AT101 PCBs could be quite interesting as I’d like to do my own custom controller instead of a Teensy. Don’t have the heart to hack up my SGI, but a Dell’s a Dell.

Return to “Group buys”