[IC] AEK, AEK2, ASK, Wang 725 brand new and programmable PCBs ?

Myoth

24 Jul 2018, 20:38

With the PCBs of BlindAssassin for the AT101, Z150 and Omnikey, I've thought about making PCBs for other keyboards.

And that's how I thought about the AEKs, I like them a lot (they're actually really sturdy IMO and nicely built and easily accessible which is why I think they're good keyboards (and they have good keycaps)) but dealing with ADB is a pita, which is why I think it'd be interesting to have new PCBs for them. (and they also have 2KRO :oops:)

I also thought about making a PCB for the Wang 725 and for the other Apple keyboards. (for the same reasons)

So yeah I wanted to ask what you guys thought about it, some feedback ?

kakan

24 Jul 2018, 20:49

Are they going to be multiple layouts or just ANSI?

Myoth

24 Jul 2018, 20:52

they would be only available to the layouts they came with from the factory, so AEK would be Apple's ISO, ANSI, ASK would be Apple's ISO and BAE and the Wang would be extended ANSI and extended ISO. I'll make a mock up later to show everything :)

enrique.aliaga

25 Jul 2018, 04:22

Is “ASK” the Apple M0116?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

andrewjoy

25 Jul 2018, 11:49

I could go for a wang as i plan to get one next time there is a nice one up for sale

Myoth

25 Jul 2018, 12:30

enrique.aliaga wrote: Is “ASK” the Apple M0116?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes

hanonator

25 Jul 2018, 14:22

I wouldn't mind ordering one for an AEK 2.

A question I have is how are you going to handle the ADB ports? Are you going to try and add support for the ports or are you going to turn it into a USB device?

Nuum

25 Jul 2018, 15:26

I'd be interested in one for my Apple M0118, so the ASK version!

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

25 Jul 2018, 15:34

I had the same question, what will you do with the ADB ports? Also an estimate on price would be great, as I have a case but the PCB is borked.

Myoth

25 Jul 2018, 18:33

hanonator wrote: I wouldn't mind ordering one for an AEK 2.

A question I have is how are you going to handle the ADB ports? Are you going to try and add support for the ports or are you going to turn it into a USB device?
in my head I'm think of doing a JST connector on the PCB and have a custom MINI B connector that'd slide in like the ADB ports in the original AEKs, but I'm not sure how far off it is from just making a new pcb :lol:

this is an interest check after all hehe

Muirium
µ

25 Jul 2018, 18:34

Gotta assume this is a USB native PCB with no ADB anywhere in the design, including passthrough. Your ADB mouse will need another home!

Now, I have one of those Apple Standard Keyboards, in lame rubber dome flavour. Could such a PCB be compatible with the case and a means to a full Alps mech refit?

In any case, I’m likely interested in one for the AEK II. Got two of those in good shape. Might as well make one useable.

Am I right to guess these PCBs are bring your own Teensy like these? If so, all the better. I’m up to something…

Blaise170
ALPS キーボード

25 Jul 2018, 18:40

Converting an AEK to TMK is actually relatively easy as I have done it before, but a PCB would reduce the hassle for sure.

Muirium
µ

25 Jul 2018, 18:46

I’m looking to convert it to Bluetooth, not just USB. By supplying my own controller. Just want a nice NKRO matrix I can access.

macboarder

01 Aug 2018, 20:48

I'd love that for the AEKs for sure.

Return to “Group buys”