[IC]SP SA 128K

hoq

03 Dec 2018, 12:38

Inspired by Macintosh 128K and Adobe PS and AI, I designed this new keyset.
I'm a PS and AI daily user, and I love PS and AI very much. To speed up my retouch work I always have to remember some short cut keys, but some times I press the wrong keys.
So, I think it would be better if I have a cheat sheet on my keyboard, or some icons on my keycaps.
You know, you may buy some short cut icon stickers from some online shops, but they looks not good, and feels bad.
Then, this idea flashed in my mind.

Profile: SA 1-1-2-3-4-3
Factory: Signature Plastics, USA
Material:Double-shot ABS

Renders: (Made by York.Chen)

Q and A:

Q: Whether these shortcut icons have infringement problems?
A: Although it looks like original PS and AI software icons, it is actually my own work, I redrew them by myself.

Q: Why there are not Numpad kits?
A: I have not decided whether or not to add a kit for each, but if a lot of people would like to have numpad, I may add one for each color.
In fact I want to reduce the total cost to make more people can affort it.

Q: Does SP can side-print those icons on the front skirt of the keycaps?
A: SP replied me no problem. :thumb:

Q: Where do you want to run a group-buy for this keyset?
A: TBD

Q: When will you hold the group-buy?
A: TBD, maybe at this Christmas?

Q: What a possible production schedule for this keyset?
A: 1 year after the group-buy ends, the recent production slot for SA is Nov.2019. Don't always complain why it's so slow, why is it always delayed, you know it's just "new normal" for SP SA ABS keycaps.

Q: Have you cosidered to make with other metarial by other makers? such as SP PBT or Maxkey?
A: No. At least the first step, I want to do SP SA ABS first.

Myoth

03 Dec 2018, 12:47

so the only 128k inspiration is the hello key and the Mac escape ?

I'm not really why it seems like such a big inspiration for the keyset when it's just 2 keys, care to explain ?

Return to “Group buys”