[IC] GMK. WOB & BOW. NORDEUK++ EXT. ADD-ON KIT [UPDATE] GMK RENDER v.1 - 14.03.19

ISO_Returns

24 Mar 2019, 01:17

Prelim wrote:
19 Mar 2019, 19:19
I'm in if Portuguese caps are included ;) (I think they are just a few)

Will most likely happen! :)

ISO_Returns

24 Mar 2019, 01:18

Zylkan wrote:
19 Mar 2019, 20:25
Prelim wrote:
I second that. In if pt caps included !
Check above ;)

depletedvespene

24 Mar 2019, 01:20

ISO_Returns wrote:
24 Mar 2019, 01:18
Zylkan wrote:
19 Mar 2019, 20:25
Prelim wrote:
I second that. In if pt caps included !
Check above ;)
What surprises will await for me if I should check below?

ISO_Returns

24 Mar 2019, 01:22

depletedvespene wrote:
19 Mar 2019, 20:59
I say we let the Germanic languages live in the NORDEUK kit, and make a new one for the romance languages. FRESLAPTIT (French, Spanish (Spain), Spanish (Latin America), Portuguese and Italian) could be a thing.

Or, y'know, we could dump French and Italian and move Spanish, Portuguese and Catalan speakers to a unified Iberoamerican layout.
I would love if there was a new fresh slap tit`s support kit :lol:
Check the KLE link Keyboard layout editor ( KLE ) LINK V.3 Extended ( WORK IN PROGRESS / 03.23.19 ) The Ex. one i have put together here is a little dif

ISO_Returns

24 Mar 2019, 01:24

Prelim wrote:
19 Mar 2019, 22:24
unfortunately there's a no go @depletedvespene, since by no chance you will get enough people only for those latin languages (MOQ 150).

I also think that France/Belgium (alphas only) doesn't make any sense in this GB, since it won't be complete addon anyway.

Yeah its gonna be tough, but not impossible :) ( i have reworked the kit )

Yeah it was a idea i was playing with. but after feedback.. AZERTY is not gonna be included

ISO_Returns

24 Mar 2019, 01:26

Myoth wrote:
20 Mar 2019, 12:06
Why only the alphas for AZERTY ? :mrgreen:
NO MORE.. Getting ready with the final kit update!

ISO_Returns

24 Mar 2019, 01:27

Prelim wrote:
20 Mar 2019, 12:04
like I said, just a few caps are needed:

as for how many orders it's impossible to say, you also don't know of many orders will be made for Danish, Finnish or Icelandic for instance (relatively few communities).
I am Danish! ;)

depletedvespene

24 Mar 2019, 01:29

Hey, nice work there.

I hope full regional separation should be viable and instead of one large-ass international kit we could have several regional ones - NORDEUK (the canonical one, come to think of it), BEFRIT and LAPTES (this last one to be superseded by the up-and-coming Iberoamerican layout(s)).

Meanwhile...

ISO_Returns

24 Mar 2019, 01:31

Zylkan wrote:
21 Mar 2019, 13:14
ideus wrote:
21 Mar 2019, 02:44
To each its own experience. SP in any variation sucks, US-Int does too. So far, I have found SO-FI layout to be the best of all to write multilanguages. It has all the diacritics on two fully dead keys, not disperse everywhere, that is the best ever possible solution for those weird, non ANSI characters, that we have in Romance languages.

I found SO/FI layout by mistake, but now I would not change back to US-Int ever. That is why I wanted this Norde kit badly. I just hope that the OP does not cut the required SO/FI tertiary legends for the sake of cost savings. Any way, I am using a couple OG Cherry Sets that are still decent.

You may try the SO/FI layout, it is pretty close to SP and has all the symbols you may need. I even take advantage of three key positions re-purposing them for navigation keys.
I appreciate your passion for the subject and I understand your arguments but each has his/her own preferences and habits. It's nearly impossible to achieve a complete set in a less used layout even with the help of these GBs due to MOQ but it won't stop me from at least trying
I have been trying/playing with a lot of possibilities, and as you say its hard to get all the variants in a GB bc of MOQ.
especially with GMK, i might try a epbt round next with one XXL Intl. kit.
Last edited by ISO_Returns on 24 Mar 2019, 01:45, edited 1 time in total.

depletedvespene

24 Mar 2019, 01:32

... I shall be pedantic and mention that the ES R1,1 key should have º and ª, not \ and | .

ISO_Returns

24 Mar 2019, 01:35

depletedvespene wrote:
24 Mar 2019, 01:29
Hey, nice work there.

I hope full regional separation should be viable and instead of one large-ass international kit we could have several regional ones - NORDEUK (the canonical one, come to think of it), BEFRIT and LAPTES (this last one to be superseded by the up-and-coming Iberoamerican layout(s)).

Meanwhile...
We could do that for this, i just dont think the other kits atm would hit MOQ. As the title says its NORDEUK++ EXT. :) PT just uses alot from the NORDEUK. ( + it was the 3-4 most requested in the survey ) But as you can see in the KLE, the data is there now and can be continued to be worked on.
Last edited by ISO_Returns on 24 Mar 2019, 01:43, edited 1 time in total.

ISO_Returns

24 Mar 2019, 01:38

depletedvespene wrote:
... I shall be pedantic and mention that the ES R1,1 key should have º and ª, not \ and | .
COOL, will fix, there can be some small errors left as i am only 85% finish with the KLE atm :geek: will double check :)

depletedvespene

24 Mar 2019, 01:39

ISO_Returns wrote:
24 Mar 2019, 01:38
depletedvespene wrote:
COOL, will fix, there can be some small errors left as i am only 85% finish with the KLE atm :geek: will double check :)
Tell me when you're done with it and I'll double check.

Myoth

24 Mar 2019, 02:02

ISO_Returns wrote:
Myoth wrote:
:<

ISO_Returns

24 Mar 2019, 02:28

Myoth wrote:
ISO_Returns wrote:
Myoth wrote:
I am sorry :( Full AZERTY support is almost a full kit >

It dont really makes sense just with the alphas?

Myoth

24 Mar 2019, 13:28

ISO_Returns wrote:
Myoth wrote:
ISO_Returns wrote:

Spoiler:

oh I know, but it's always sad to see that AZERTY is left behind, even more so when it's GMK-made opportunity, there has never been an AZERTY keyset made from GMK, and when the same keyset made by Cherry in the 80/90s fetch sometimes more than what a GMK kit can cost, it seems sad.

One day, I'll make one, one day :sob:

depletedvespene

24 Mar 2019, 13:46

Myoth wrote:
ISO_Returns wrote:
Myoth wrote:

Spoiler:

oh I know, but it's always sad to see that AZERTY is left behind, even more so when it's GMK-made opportunity, there has never been an AZERTY keyset made from GMK, and when the same keyset made by Cherry in the 80/90s fetch sometimes more than what a GMK kit can cost, it seems sad.

Market fragmentation, small number of potential customers and the high amount of "custom" keycaps required are the main factors that contribute to this situation. Heck, French even has three distinct layouts (AZERTY: FR, BE; QWERTY: CA; and that's not counting Arabic/Bereber hybrids, usually based on fr_FR) that make the situation even more difficult. Perhaps the three countries would need to agree on a single standard before even considering AZERTY custom sets...
Last edited by depletedvespene on 24 Mar 2019, 14:51, edited 1 time in total.

jihadu

24 Mar 2019, 14:01

PT PT PT

Nice seeing a new int kit for us southern europeans

Myoth

24 Mar 2019, 15:08

depletedvespene wrote:
24 Mar 2019, 13:46
Myoth wrote:
ISO_Returns wrote:
Spoiler:

Market fragmentation, small number of potential customers and the high amount of "custom" keycaps required are the main factors that contribute to this situation. Heck, French even has three distinct layouts (AZERTY: FR, BE; QWERTY: CA; and that's not counting Arabic/Bereber hybrids, usually based on fr_FR) that make the situation even more difficult. Perhaps the three countries would need to agree on a single standard before even considering AZERTY custom sets...
I disagree with you there, I think there isn't many enthusiast because there is no AZERTY keyset, if people were blasted with cool AZERTY keyboard pictures, I'm sure more would come to the hobby. As for the different layouts, I think French canadians tend to use ANSI Intl (don't start about it :D), and for Belgium, it's only a few different keys, surely not a problem at a GMK MOQ.

ISO_Returns

24 Mar 2019, 16:17

Myoth wrote:
ISO_Returns wrote:
Myoth wrote:

Spoiler:

I would not mind running it as a kit, but adding it to the main kit will be bad for the overall GB, i want people to pick up a couple sets, bc we dont know when this opportunity will come again ;)

The vender mykeyboard.eu do have a dream about AZERTY compat. i will def discuss the opportunity to run the full AZERTY FR, BL side by side with this.

Myoth

24 Mar 2019, 16:22

ISO_Returns wrote:
Myoth wrote:
ISO_Returns wrote:
Spoiler:

I would not mind running it as a kit, but adding it to the main kit will be bad for the overall GB, i want people to pick up a couple sets, bc we dont know when this opportunity will come again ;)

The vender mykeyboard.eu do have a dream about AZERTY compat. i will def discuss the opportunity to run the full AZERTY FR, BL side by side with this.
Definitely interested by this, some french novelties would be amazing too haha, but again, that's more a dream than a possibility

ISO_Returns

24 Mar 2019, 16:23

Kit final update looks like this:

[ LANG ] [ SUPPORT ] UK, ISL, NO, SE, FL, FO, DK, DE, PT.

ISO_Returns

24 Mar 2019, 16:29

FOR PT, the only excluded key is the "4 $ §" please use the "4 $" from a base kit :)

ISO_Returns

24 Mar 2019, 19:24

Myoth wrote:
24 Mar 2019, 16:22
ISO_Returns wrote:
Myoth wrote:

Definitely interested by this, some french novelties would be amazing too haha, but again, that's more a dream than a possibility
I would personally love a "Entrèe" ISO enter 😍

ideus

25 Mar 2019, 01:26

I see many disbanding after pricing has been posted. Asking for more is fun, paying for it is not that fun.

Even then, it is a shame that <>| has been dropped, may should live with beige sets for now.

ISO_Returns

25 Mar 2019, 01:52

I added the keys "back". Locked the kit. renders is undergoing last adjustments. updated kit is sent to GMK.

Return to “Group buys”