[GB] NOS Alps SKCM White

User avatar
adamcobabe

01 May 2019, 18:37

I received mine yesterday too. Thanks, lsoelxi.

bujorc

02 May 2019, 19:20

adamcobabe wrote:
01 May 2019, 18:37
I received mine yesterday too. Thanks, lsoelxi.
And, first impression? :)

User avatar
adamcobabe

03 May 2019, 11:11

bujorc wrote:
02 May 2019, 19:20
adamcobabe wrote:
01 May 2019, 18:37
I received mine yesterday too. Thanks, lsoelxi.
And, first impression? :)
Fantastic. Nice consistent click from those loose switches that I have tried. There's a tiny bit of oxidation on the pins, but that's to be expected I think. Will put some in a board soon and give them a proper test.

User avatar
Hypersphere

04 May 2019, 00:58

Received mine today. Thanks!

DaOver

05 May 2019, 07:59

Any chance you have some left?
I need maybe 70 to fill up my newly arrived ALPS64 PCB.

lsoelxi

05 May 2019, 09:59

I am planning the next GB.
The problem is, I need to activate my suspended PayPal account.

cli

05 May 2019, 14:06

Great! Planning to replace some Bamboo Alps Black!

User avatar
pansku
Member of the Beam Spring cult

08 May 2019, 11:50

Just picked mine up. They really are NOS as there was no sign of soldering on initial inspection :o Mine were with short white switchplates.

Thank you so much for offering this opportunity to the forum users!

Edit: I could find only one with long one now that I opened up a few more :oops:

Mythramir

13 May 2019, 21:17

Anyone in the US that hasn't gotten theirs yet either?

I paid the extra for tracking but once mine arrived in the US, I've been unable to track it. Hopefully I'm just being paranoid and/or impatient, but I'm starting to get a little worried.

User avatar
TheInverseKey

13 May 2019, 22:19

Mythramir wrote:
13 May 2019, 21:17
Anyone in the US that hasn't gotten theirs yet either?

I paid the extra for tracking but once mine arrived in the US, I've been unable to track it. Hopefully I'm just being paranoid and/or impatient, but I'm starting to get a little worried.
I got mine in Canada and they were not tracked when they landed.

User avatar
swampangel

13 May 2019, 22:28

I'm in Canada and haven't got mine yet, but it sounds like they'll show up before long

M4dn3ss

14 May 2019, 16:18

Just got mine, and I have to say honestly these are even better than excellent condition blue Alps unless you're somehow able to find NOS blue Alps.

bujorc

14 May 2019, 19:10

Great switches, no question, tons of thanks to lsoelxi for doing this GB!

They are really good but not *that* good, not blue-alps-good :) They're not first gen whites, the clicky leaf is more abrupt (straight angles, not rounded) and the plastic materials are different and also thinner. Those thick housings, that heavy plastic is what makes blue alps bassier, isn't it?

M4dn3ss

15 May 2019, 14:34

bujorc wrote:
14 May 2019, 19:10
Great switches, no question, tons of thanks to lsoelxi for doing this GB!

They are really good but not *that* good, not blue-alps-good :) They're not first gen whites, the clicky leaf is more abrupt (straight angles, not rounded) and the plastic materials are different and also thinner. Those thick housings, that heavy plastic is what makes blue alps bassier, isn't it?
In my opinion the "bassier" sound signature of blue Alps is a placebo. I'm currently using a TKL with blue Alps from a board that was in near-mint condition, and I had also tried white Alps in it, and honestly it was bassier than the blue Alps. Only reason why I preferred the blue was because it was smoother.

My previous set of white Alps where from a seller who claimed they were desoldered from a keyboard that was new in box, yet they weren't completely smooth when pressed at extreme angles (just a very minor amount of binding from off-centre key presses), so I assumed that was the best white Alps could get. Well, this new batch doesn't bind at all, so to me it feels basically identical to the blue - just as smooth and just as (if not more) bassy.

Given all of that, the fact that this batch of white Alps is more consistent and also is not as affected by "actuating before the click" as the blues is what makes this batch better than my already-excellent blue Alps. The only way I can top that is if I was somehow able to get my hands on NOS blue Alps (and if you do, you've pretty much hit the jackpot)

User avatar
swampangel

15 May 2019, 16:14

M4dn3ss wrote:
15 May 2019, 14:34
Given all of that, the fact that this batch of white Alps is more consistent and also is not as affected by "actuating before the click" as the blues is what makes this batch better than my already-excellent blue Alps. The only way I can top that is if I was somehow able to get my hands on NOS blue Alps (and if you do, you've pretty much hit the jackpot)
As if I wasn't feeling impatient enough :mrgreen:

Edit: yesss Image

Thanks lsoelxi!

Post Reply

Return to “Group buys”