[GB] Postage Board Mini - A better controller board for hand-wired keyboards

LifeIsOnTheWire

04 Jul 2019, 22:16

Hi everyone, the Postage Board Mini group buy has launched.

All worldwide orders (except Europe) are currently being taken on my new online store, CuriousKeyboards.com

All EU orders are being taken on Mechboards.co.uk

The previous round GB for the Postage Board was a huge success, and I have decided to upgrade to having a real online store to handle the orders. This should cut down on delays and processing times by quite a lot.

If you're not sure what the Postage Board Mini is, it is a controller board for Hand-wired keyboard builds, similar to the Teensy or Pro Micro. The advantage to the Postage Board, is that it mounts directly to a set of 3 switches on the top row of your keyboard. This makes for a much easier build, and much thinner too. Best of all, it provides a USB Type-C port, which is mounted on the top.
  • 25 IO pins available (4 of them pre-assigned as the top row, and 3 columns)
  • USB Type-C
  • Supports Type-C to Type-C cables
  • PCB will be matte black in colour, with silver contacts
Here is an image of a prototype of the Postage Board Mini https://i.imgur.com/3FUS2I6.jpg
Here is an image of the Postage Board Mini mounted on a keyboard https://i.imgur.com/dsxsqGU.jpg

The new Mini version improved upon several aspects of the previous model, based all on community feedback.
  • Smaller vertically, so it no longer requires any switches to be rotated!
  • Pinouts are all arranged along the edges of the board, for easier routing access.
  • Better labeling of the IO pins, specifically the pre-assigned Columns and Row pins, to allow you to know which IO pin addresses they correspond with
  • The Group buy will run from July 3 until August 3. I anticipate being able to have all the orders shipped out 1 month after the close date of the group buy.
The boards are priced at $20 each. To help with shipping costs, I am offering Free Shipping for all orders of 5 units or more within Canada, US, and Europe. Please contact me with any questions about larger orders.

LifeIsOnTheWire

06 Jul 2019, 01:47

Update: Mechboards.co.uk has joined the Group Buy as the EU vendor. This should give EU buyers a better shipping rate.

LifeIsOnTheWire

02 Aug 2019, 14:14

1.5 days left! Orders will be closing at 10pm CST on Aug 3.

depletedvespene

02 Aug 2019, 17:39

LifeIsOnTheWire wrote:
02 Aug 2019, 14:14
1.5 days left! Orders will be closing at 10pm CST on Aug 3.
Thanks for the reminder! I'd have forgotten to put up my order otherwise. :)

Return to “Group buys”