[IC] L7 - 65% Custom Keyboard

Luigi

02 Nov 2019, 01:36

Hello there,
I’m Luigi and I’m Italian, I apologize in advance if there’s something wrong with my English.
My intention was to create a 65% with a unique layout.We can define it as a cross between a HHKB and CA66.Initially, during the design phase; I always wanted the plate to be an aesthetic part of the keyboard.Unfortunately I realized that using the plate in the way I wanted was not possible, or at least possible, but the gasket system would have been useless; so I thought I'd cut the plate to make a border that would be a decoration all around the keyboard.The plate will be positioned on the gasket, both on the top and on the botton and enclosed in the case.

DETAILS
  • Case Angle: 6.0°
  • Materials: Aluminium & Brass (cerakote polished)
  • Plate: 1.5mm
  • Hotswap PCB with USB-C daughterboard configurable with QMK
  • Full gasket mount (2 layer top and bottom)
  • LED Backlight
  • Pricing: TBD
  • Timeline: TBD
  • Vendors: TBD
  • Manufactured by Salvun
  • Layout options: ANSI only
RENDER
Album

ABOUT L7
The name does not have a particular story, L is the first letter of my name (Luigi) and since the keyboard has 66 keys I rounded up to 7.The idea of lightning on the top came to me while I was working on the PCB logo, in fact if you look at the picture of the logo on the PCB in the middle between the letter L and the number 7 lightning is formed.
Render PCB

IC FORM
Form Link

matt3o
-[°_°]-

02 Nov 2019, 08:36

there are really a lot of pieces, this thing is going to be expensive. Do you already have a quotation?

Luigi

02 Nov 2019, 10:46

matt3o wrote:
02 Nov 2019, 08:36
there are really a lot of pieces, this thing is going to be expensive. Do you already have a quotation?
No, I don't know anything about the price yet, the IC is doing quite well and most likely next week I can start having Salvun produce the first prototypes.

As soon as I have updates, I will update the IC.

Return to “Group buys”