[shipped] Cherry MX 11800

Lustique

03 Apr 2012, 15:39

mintberryminuscrunch wrote:so, 16 out of 30 arrived today.
will check them tonight and start packaging them up
won't accept additional orders at this point ( besides the ones that already PMed me)
Do you already know when you'll ship out the first boards?

mintberryminuscrunch

03 Apr 2012, 16:36

Lustique wrote:
mintberryminuscrunch wrote:so, 16 out of 30 arrived today.
will check them tonight and start packaging them up
won't accept additional orders at this point ( besides the ones that already PMed me)
Do you already know when you'll ship out the first boards?
today

zulios

03 Apr 2012, 18:44

That's quick ! :o
Will you provide any shipping notice / tracking number when available as well ?

mintberryminuscrunch

03 Apr 2012, 19:22

only 2 so far,
had some issues with my printer,
will bring them to a 24/7 station later (paketstation, don't know the english word for it..)
Last edited by mintberryminuscrunch on 03 Apr 2012, 20:47, edited 1 time in total.

silv

03 Apr 2012, 19:56

You send me a PM if you want the payment done. I'm getting a bit nervous having not received any payment request.

mintberryminuscrunch

03 Apr 2012, 20:55

silv wrote:You send me a PM if you want the payment done. I'm getting a bit nervous having not received any payment request.
I think I have Saturday time to send the invoices.

mintberryminuscrunch

03 Apr 2012, 22:52

pics
some of the boards
IMG_0707.JPG
IMG_0707.JPG (317.11 KiB) Viewed 3880 times
two different shades of brown on the same pcb
dif_batch.jpg
dif_batch.jpg (109.65 KiB) Viewed 3880 times
logitech :roll:
logitech.jpg
logitech.jpg (423.28 KiB) Viewed 3880 times

paat

03 Apr 2012, 22:56

Mr. mintberryminuscrunch you are officially awesome!

RC-1140

04 Apr 2012, 03:25

looking great! Can't wait to get my hands on mine! Will you send PMs to the lucky ones whose boards you have shipped? Would be fantastic!

mintberryminuscrunch

04 Apr 2012, 10:11

today additional 12 arrived, so we have a total of 28^^
there were a couple of rubber domes but the seller will refund me those.

BTW this made me really sad:
tripple_rubber.jpg
tripple_rubber.jpg (62.97 KiB) Viewed 3840 times

mintberryminuscrunch

05 Apr 2012, 00:38

finished packaging the last ones today,
some of the packages to germany, might look a little crappy but the keyboards are secure and they only have a 1-2 days travel.
also tested the last keyboards, they all work, besides 2 missing the trackball and one had a column that didn't register keystrokes.
some of the trackballs are.. sticky( in the sense that they don't rotate as smoothly as the others), but that can be fixed by cleaning them with alcohol

off

05 Apr 2012, 22:09

Regarding those last boards, I know I've already ordered two; but just in case noone else pops in to take advantage of this nice offering, I'd like a third board; without trackball would be no problem since i'll TKL that one ;)
And you mentioned having blue stems leftover; is that purely the stems or including switchtops and/or springs? (and what seems like a reasonable price to you for those)
Again, thanks- looking forward to pluging in (cleaning not so much) and typing on them browns!

Lustique

06 Apr 2012, 01:37

mintberryminuscrunch wrote:today additional 12 arrived, so we have a total of 28^^
there were a couple of rubber domes but the seller will refund me those.

BTW this made me really sad:
tripple_rubber.jpg
Looks like a reversed Cherry MX cap! :lol: It's a shame that you got rubber domes, though, at least if they're bad ones.

Little OT:
Spoiler:
Does anybody here know whether it is possible to add a "scroll functionality" to a normal trackball that works like the scrolling you can do with a Kensington SlimBlade (http://youtu.be/X8zrGsp4i0I#t=1m15s) using AutoHotkey, or is this a hardware feature and thus not reproduceable?

woody
Count Troller

06 Apr 2012, 10:54

Lustique wrote:Does anybody here know whether it is possible to add a "scroll functionality" to a normal trackball that works like the scrolling you can do with a Kensington SlimBlade (http://youtu.be/X8zrGsp4i0I#t=1m15s) using AutoHotkey, or is this a hardware feature and thus not reproduceable?
Hardware feature.

off

06 Apr 2012, 14:05

Lustique wrote: the scrolling you can do with a Kensington SlimBlade (http://youtu.be/X8zrGsp4i0I#t=1m15s)
Slick!
And normally I would say there are very little purely hardware features, most are realised through software/firmware; and this logiball seems not to even have bearings but neither rollers to make this motion impossible, but I don't see you reprogramming the controller either- and good luck reading the ball twist motion from windows; can't help you there.
TLDR; iz not possibul!

And re that tripleshot semi-rubberdome cap... When is the MO coming up (cherrystemmed ofc)? 8-)

Icarium

06 Apr 2012, 16:27

Hm...I wonder if there is some sort of touch sensing in the metal ring. Seems like accidental scrolling might happen otherwise.

I assume some sort of "hold key and use trackball to scroll" should be doable in software but I don't know anything about autohotkey.

off

06 Apr 2012, 17:11

Icarium wrote:some sort of "hold key and use trackball to scroll" should be doable in software
that would be very easy to make yes.
Still need to figure out where I'm going to mimick the win and menu/app keys on this board; insert will definitely be one of them, but the other... :|

Icarium

06 Apr 2012, 21:25

As always I say go with another layer. ;)

That's my favorit advice, I should finally get out autohotkey and start figuring it out.

Does anybody have advice on where to start?

off

06 Apr 2012, 22:04

[offtopic=autohotkey]Well as always, google is your annoying friend with connections; and just fudge around with what you find, check out http://www.donationcoders.com for loads of useful small apps (with source), and to start you off:
relevant parts of my always on .ahk script
Spoiler:
push to talk remapped from scrollock to capslock:

Code: Select all

#SingleInstance force
#NoEnv
SendMode Input
#IfWinExist *Chat ahk_class USurface_350843212 ; active only when a steam chat window exists
$CapsLock::		;NOTE: to toggle caps state, press with any modifier
Send {ScrollLock}
Return
$CapsLock Up::
Send {ScrollLock Up}
Send {ScrollLock Down} ;slight hack to get the ledlight to be lit while held/talking, off otherwise
Send {ScrollLock Up} ;"
Return
$ScrollLock::
Send {CapsLock}
Return
And my favourite, always active here:
Makes win7 explorer handle backspace in the 'way it should', i.e. to go a directory up instead of 'previous' (I bloody have a previous button on my mouse thank you very much; and previous/next are still accessible via alt-something)!

Code: Select all

; explorer hax
{ ;backspace like pre-win7 explorer & f1=f2
#IfWinActive ahk_class CabinetWClass
backspace::
{ ControlGetFocus , controlWithFocus, ahk_class CabinetWClass
;MsgBox, %controlWithFocus%
if (controlWithFocus == "Edit1" || controlWithFocus == "Edit2" || controlWithFocus == "Edit3" || controlWithFocus == "Edit4" || controlWithFocus == "DirectUIHWND1")
;directuihwnd1 = search box
; directuihwnd3 = explorer main area, systreeview321 = explorer tree area
{ send {BS}
 Return
 }
else
{ send !{UP}
 Return
 }
}

F1::F2
return
}
[/offtopic]

RC-1140

07 Apr 2012, 23:53

just got my old Logitech Trackman Vista out of the basement to get used to trackballs again, and discovered that I like them better than touchpads or trackpins... Maybe this keyboard will become my new carry around. Does anyone know what material was used for the shell? I'm pretty sure that it's ABS, so does anyone know a way to paint an ABS case black permanently? Dying won't be possible on ABS I'm afraid... And I want it to be black if I want to use it as carry around board. Great contrast to my Cherry Dye Subs! Just have to look where to place my Xmonad Modifier key then. The only reason why I want a windows key on my keyboards.

btw: has my package been shipped yet?

rodtang

08 Apr 2012, 00:17

RC-1140 wrote:Dying won't be possible on ABS I'm afraid
Someone did with a dye/aceton mix.

mintberryminuscrunch

08 Apr 2012, 01:05

vinyl dye (vinylspray, vinyllack) is supposed to be good

fossala
Elite +1

08 Apr 2012, 10:32

mintberryminuscrunch wrote:vinyl dye (vinylspray, vinyllack) is supposed to be good
It is still holding up on my sons unicomp spacesaving keyboard.

off

08 Apr 2012, 13:49

Got any pics of that? pics here: http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/8876/dscf4517ui.jpg
"used rit dye for the keys and vht dye for the case."
So that paint dye has been holding for half a year now, with a little kid (ab)using it?
Any marks or anything?

robaq

08 Apr 2012, 14:27

Nice find. What keyboard is that?
I think that you should be able to paint a few layers using spray/airbrush, since the case don't take as much wear as the keycaps, and you don't need the surface to be 100% like before painting (I don't touch the shell at all while typing).
Rit dye should do well with the caps, afaik they are PBT, but you should check twice.

RC-1140

08 Apr 2012, 14:35

I just discovered that I still have a can of Citadel/Games Workshop Spray Coating in Black. As it is made to cover plastics and metal I believe that it might work for keyboards as well. Tomorrow I will try it on the case of an broken G81. I'm curious whether it'll work. Do you think I should use clear coating afterwards?

And I won't dye the keycaps, I will use a combination of Black lasered caps of my G80-1800 and White Cherry Dye Subs.

btw. mintberryminuscrunch: Did you send my package already?

mintberryminuscrunch

08 Apr 2012, 15:26

no they are sitting here already stamped, but i somehow didn't get around to bring them to the post office,

robaq

09 Apr 2012, 12:18

Just curious, which postal service are you going to use?

off

09 Apr 2012, 12:26

off wrote:Regarding those last boards, I know I've already ordered two; but just in case noone else pops in to take advantage of this nice offering, I'd like a third board; without trackball would be no problem since i'll TKL that one ;)
And you mentioned having blue stems leftover; is that purely the stems or including switchtops and/or springs? (and what seems like a reasonable price to you for those)
Again, thanks- looking forward to pluging in (cleaning not so much) and typing on them browns!
Mint, missed my post by any chance? ;)

Robaq, regarding your previous post, see the 2 posts above yours for answers.

mintberryminuscrunch

10 Apr 2012, 11:37

shipped the last ones, finally.

will be sending out additional invoices tonight
@off: not sure if I can send you 2 entire ones, need to recount how many are left
the ones without trackball, were already stripped
the blues are still in housing, they are partially desoldered, partially ripped from the pcb (desoldering was a pain on that board, really bad soldering job (unlike on cherry boards))
was looking for something in the 35 Euro range.
if you need intact housings I can supply them too(for free)
sry for missing the post

Return to “Group buys”