[CANCELED] Wooden Filco MJ2 TKL Case

gothic860

11 May 2012, 20:35

Last edited by gothic860 on 10 Jun 2012, 00:08, edited 22 times in total.

gothic860

Sry guys this won't happen...
Last edited by gothic860 on 09 Jun 2012, 14:50, edited 1 time in total.

gothic860

mine 2

ripster

11 May 2012, 20:36

Woohoo! I had a feeling this would show up here! Sorry about the rollback at GH nuking your last post. Glad you seem to have kept a copy.

woody
Count Troller

11 May 2012, 21:46

Dude, you're my hero!

<-- Approved by

Icarium

12 May 2012, 08:53

Very nice. Would this fit the Phantom?
For everybody else you might be wondering, the Filco MJ2 TKL costs 95 GBP ~= 120 EUR at the Keyboard Company.

guilleguillaume

12 May 2012, 10:10

Fantastic! Thanks for opening the thread here. Geekhack is so unstable.

Ebony wood is quite expensive but it looks so good... :roll:

Walnut needs at least 4 orders to happen then?

dirge

12 May 2012, 10:57

I like the look of the olive wood.

guilleguillaume

12 May 2012, 17:20

Went back from work so now I have time to post :mrgreen:

Those close up pictures from space between wood and keycaps show that your work is fantastic and very detailed.

I show my interest in Ebony wood because it looks too awesome to pass on it. Sanctuary set would look impressive on it :geek:

Game Theory
Mr. Despair

12 May 2012, 18:06

I really like the olive too.

ped

12 May 2012, 20:22

guilleguillaume wrote:Went back from work so now I have time to post :mrgreen:

Those close up pictures from space between wood and keycaps show that your work is fantastic and very detailed.

I show my interest in Ebony wood because it looks too awesome to pass on it. Sanctuary set would look impressive on it :geek:
It looks SO amazing! Unfortunately I don't know that I can be your fourth member. Not just for now anyway, I simply don't have the resources.

pasph

13 May 2012, 00:45

I wish to know the assembly cost.

gothic860

13 May 2012, 01:00

I wish to know the assembly cost.
added.

gothic860

13 May 2012, 12:43

If you like it dark i can also offer you something like:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=de&cp=7 ... 4QSGqPWRCQ

Its fumed oak. About +30€ per case.
Last edited by gothic860 on 13 May 2012, 14:47, edited 2 times in total.

ped

13 May 2012, 14:27

gothic860 wrote:If you like it dark i can also offer you something like:

http://www.google.de/search?hl=de&cp...Ho_U4QSzlITOCQ

Its fumigated oak. About +30€ per case.
The link doesn't work for me, just sends me to the German Google homepage.

gothic860

13 May 2012, 14:46

fixed

ped

13 May 2012, 17:45

Why is your case 'limited edition'? Is there anything special about it other than being the only one in existence?

gothic860

13 May 2012, 18:05

being the only one in existence?
This.

guilleguillaume

13 May 2012, 19:56

gothic860 wrote:If you like it dark i can also offer you something like:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=de&cp=7 ... 4QSGqPWRCQ

Its fumed oak. About +30€ per case.
Can I ask you to make a proper render like you did with the other types of wood? :mrgreen:

Those renders are really useful to see what the final product would look having in mind that it's natural wood and final result may change a bit.

The price makes it more affordable and looks quite similar. I like the idea because it would be easier to reach 4 users if it looks like macassar ebony but it's cheaper.

ped

13 May 2012, 20:15

guilleguillaume wrote: Can I ask you to make a proper render like you did with the other types of wood? :mrgreen:

Those renders are really useful to see what the final product would look having in mind that it's natural wood and final result may change a bit.

The price makes it more affordable and looks quite similar. I like the idea because it would be easier to reach 4 users if it looks like macassar ebony but it's cheaper.
While I said that can't afford it, I simply mean right this instant. I'd be able to afford it a while from now; I just don't want to over commit myself and end up not having enough money when it comes time to pay. Depending on when this runs I may very well be able to afford it.

pasph

13 May 2012, 23:41

Interested in Olive.

MSHunter

14 May 2012, 09:00

I Have a few questions:

What would Teak (Das Teak) cost?
How about Brass Torx screws ( das Messing)?
Modification: Mini-USB connector build into the case?
Oil/stain (öl/die Beize) finish?

Do you do full size Filco? (with num-pad)

I write here a I think others will be interested. :D

gothic860

14 May 2012, 09:50

What would Teak (Das Teak) cost?
How about Brass Torx screws ( das Messing)?
Modification: Mini-USB connector build into the case?
Oil/stain (öl/die Beize) finish?

Do you do full size Filco? (with num-pad)

I write here a I think others will be interested.
Hey,

Teak: I think we have a little stock here. I will update the list with the renders, prices and so on later today and add the Teak (no minimum orders required!). Price should about the same as Olive = +50€
Brass Torx screws are possible but we don't have a stock here so -> we need some more interests (or +€)
Mini USB connector: Not possible for me. You can make your own stuff with the cable and i can mill a hole for it, but nothing more. For a normal adapter there isn't enough space.
Oil/stain finish isn't possible -> see READ FIRST (keycaps scratching).
No full size Filcos at the moment.

gothic860

14 May 2012, 10:04

With fumed oak there are no minimum orders required! I will update add the renders later today.

MSHunter

14 May 2012, 10:41

Thank you for the prompt response.
Let us know when you do full Size Filco please.
I really find it difficult to understand that if some one sends you their keyboard; you can solder the USB cable but can not solder a mini USB connector. It Sounds to me, to be exactly the same work. Which is really sad for us, especially considering the high price. Are you sure we could not convince you :D

gothic860

14 May 2012, 10:47

Im no soldering pro. It worked well for me, but if you want a connector just do it on your own. If you don't like the price don't buy it ;) (its a fair price for that work, trust me. If you order this from a normal joiner you have to pay much more.)

MSHunter

14 May 2012, 11:47

Sorry, I assumed that soldering was "easy" for you, since you offer a build service. I do not yet own a good Soldering Iron, so I was hoping there might of been a way to convince you to do it for me. Guess I would have to do it my self :( Well it would be a good learning experience for me :D

I know it is a lot of work and didn't mean to belittle your efforts. High price referred to that fact that the case is almost twice the price of the Keyboard not that it is high for the amount off work. I hope I have not made offense. :D

gothic860

14 May 2012, 11:58

Sorry, I assumed that soldering was "easy" for you, since you offer a build service.
Im a joiner and no electrician :p. So solder a USB-cable is no problem but I'm sure someone else here knows more about it then me.
Well it would be a good learning experience for me
:!:
I hope I have not made offense.
:D, no problem.

Maarten

14 May 2012, 12:04

gothic860 wrote:Im no soldering pro. It worked well for me, but if you want a connector just do it on your own. If you don't like the price don't buy it ;) (its a fair price for that work, trust me. If you order this from a normal joiner you have to pay much more.)
First of all, some great products you have here! One just has to love that combination of modern-day technology combined with purdy wood!

If you'd like a partner in crime for EU-based assembly (including soldering and mounting type-B or mini-USB receptacles to your cases) please let me know, maybe we can work something out!

gothic860

14 May 2012, 19:42

Added Teak. Some nice brown color:
The one edge is wet, so it should look something like this after lacquering.

Return to “Group buys”