Cherry MX and Matias switches

yozu

09 Dec 2012, 00:26

7bit wrote:
Ekaros wrote:BTW Brown springs work in ergo-clears? Right?

Just have to find some use for those old switches...
No, no! You must order reds to get the real stuff!!!!
I can't tell, is this a joke? I thought brown, red, and blue springs were identical.

7bit

09 Dec 2012, 00:37

I indeed thought this too and was quite surprised that they are not identical, though I can't tell any difference when I swap them into another switch.

TAdams

09 Dec 2012, 09:14

I am currently awaiting an order of 1 each of all switch types to determine which one(s) I want to buy for a swap on my current board(s). I am unsure if my order is awaiting the switches that may not be in stock. My only concern is that it sounds like I may not get a preorder in for the switches I want in time.

7bit

09 Dec 2012, 10:27

TAdams wrote:I am currently awaiting an order of 1 each of all switch types to determine which one(s) I want to buy for a swap on my current board(s). I am unsure if my order is awaiting the switches that may not be in stock. My only concern is that it sounds like I may not get a preorder in for the switches I want in time.
You will get your switches in a few days, depending on distance.

When you order in-stock and out of stock stuff, I will ship whatever is available at no extra charge, except for pre-orders.

TAdams

09 Dec 2012, 14:56

7bit wrote:
TAdams wrote:I am currently awaiting an order of 1 each of all switch types to determine which one(s) I want to buy for a swap on my current board(s). I am unsure if my order is awaiting the switches that may not be in stock. My only concern is that it sounds like I may not get a preorder in for the switches I want in time.
You will get your switches in a few days, depending on distance.

When you order in-stock and out of stock stuff, I will ship whatever is available at no extra charge, except for pre-orders.
Thank you 7bit for the reply. I was about ready to order 220 clears just in case haha! That is the switch I think I might like, but I thought I would try them all first :P

makkesk8

09 Dec 2012, 19:46

How much would shipping to sweden be?

7bit

09 Dec 2012, 19:48

makkesk8 wrote:How much would shipping to sweden be?
$5, no matter how many you order!

rodtang

09 Dec 2012, 19:52

7bit wrote:$5, no matter how many you order!
So if I wanted to order 50 000 000 you would have better shipping than Cherry? :lol:

7bit

09 Dec 2012, 20:03

rodtang wrote:
So if I wanted to order 50 000 000 you would have better shipping than Cherry? :lol:
Just let me know what you like to have and I will make you a special price (lower than $0.6 per switch).

BTW: At this quantity, you can choose color (both case and stem) and spring as you wish!
:ugeek:

Ekaros

09 Dec 2012, 20:23

7bit wrote:
rodtang wrote:
Just let me know what you like to have and I will make you a special price (lower than $0.6 per switch).

BTW: At this quantity, you can choose color (both case and stem) and spring as you wish!
:ugeek:
What about the slider?

blighty

09 Dec 2012, 20:29

Payments from Index and tinlong117 have been received and marked as shipped for Paypal purposes (to keep them from locking up the PP account). Invoices may or may not reflect the payments yet. Keep checking this thread for the actual ship date(s), or spam this thread/7bit via PM the message "WHERE ARE MY SWITCHES, DID YOU SEND THEM YET." This only includes payments to me via Paypal. Note that the address on your Paypal notifications/notes are not necessarily the addresses 7bit will ship your switches to, he ships to the address on your invoice.

insomnesia

10 Dec 2012, 03:11

Any update on MX 0099, 7bit? :D

TheQsanity

10 Dec 2012, 08:32

only $0.6 on NW for the next bulk? Thats a good price.

7bit

10 Dec 2012, 08:50

insomnesia wrote:Any update on MX 0099, 7bit? :D
Shipped last week.

7bit

10 Dec 2012, 08:50

TheQsanity wrote:only $0.6 on NW for the next bulk? Thats a good price.
Prices depend on how many order.

MOQ is 400 switches.
Prices will get down to $0.7 per switch should 1200 be ordered.
Prices will get down to $0.6 per switch should 1600 be ordered.

TheQsanity

10 Dec 2012, 08:55

That is per color? I might get some switches after the Holidays but who knows how broke I am then.

7bit

10 Dec 2012, 08:55

Ekaros wrote:
rodtang wrote: So if I wanted to order 50 000 000 ...
What about the slider?
It can be also custom made. Just send in the technical drawing.

Vierax

10 Dec 2012, 09:02

Good morning 7bit

Is my invoice ready to be packed (#0120) or IBAN transfer failed ? Have I to wait till March for MX grey or can I expect to have the whole order in one shot ?
Thx for the reply.

hoshidishi

10 Dec 2012, 09:04

is it possible to reserve switches? as i am a little tight on cash right now. :cry:
I'll be able to buy after 22nd Dec.

7bit

10 Dec 2012, 09:15

Vierax wrote:Good morning 7bit

Is my invoice ready to be packed (#0120) or IBAN transfer failed ? Have I to wait till March for MX grey or can I expect to have the whole order in one shot ?
Thx for the reply.
I hope they ship this month.

I will ship the other switches today.
hoshidishi wrote:is it possible to reserve switches? as i am a little tight on cash right now. :cry:
Just order and pay later. The 22nd is not too far away.

:-)
Last edited by 7bit on 10 Dec 2012, 09:17, edited 1 time in total.

hoshidishi

10 Dec 2012, 09:25

7bit wrote:
hoshidishi wrote:is it possible to reserve switches? as i am a little tight on cash right now. :cry:
Just order and pay later. The 22nd is not too far away.

:-)
Haha that is awesome. Then I'll place order for 80 MX clear switches. Just to be sure there's enough clear :lol: :lol: switches when I mod my yet-to-buy poker.

Vierax

10 Dec 2012, 09:53

Such good news !
Thank you :)

KennyR

10 Dec 2012, 11:38

Received my switches today, order MX 0108!

Thank you 7bit!

Soarer

10 Dec 2012, 15:46

yozu wrote:
7bit wrote:
Ekaros wrote:BTW Brown springs work in ergo-clears? Right?

Just have to find some use for those old switches...
No, no! You must order reds to get the real stuff!!!!
I can't tell, is this a joke? I thought brown, red, and blue springs were identical.
I'm fairly well convinced they are very slightly different.

Assuming that they are, then brown springs would have been designed for a tactile non-clicky switch, so that seems appropriate for ergo-clears... not reds!

But any differences are so slight that it really doesn't matter - especially when combining with the large tactile hump of clears.

RC-1140

10 Dec 2012, 15:47

As far as I know they are the same. Only 7bit is making lots of jokes lately…

Soarer

10 Dec 2012, 15:57

RC-1140 wrote:As far as I know they are the same.
I'm not going to start that argument again! (Although, maybe now it wouldn't get spammed to death :roll: )
RC-1140 wrote:Only 7bit is making lots of jokes lately…
NEVER take 7bit seriously. Just send him your money! :lol:

RC-1140

10 Dec 2012, 16:02

Yup, I remembered that thread. But wasn't the result that the difference between the different springs was around 1cN, which might even be tolerance? Well, but whatever, I don't want to start it as well. As far as I know there is nearly to no difference, and no important (read: noticable in typing) difference.

Soarer

10 Dec 2012, 16:21

RC-1140 wrote:Yup, I remembered that thread. But wasn't the result that the difference between the different springs was around 1cN, which might even be tolerance? Well, but whatever, I don't want to start it as well. As far as I know there is nearly to no difference, and no important (read: noticable in typing) difference.
No, more like a few cN. Possibly within tolerance, but springs of the same type are actually much more consistent than their stated tolerances might suggest. We'd have to test a lot more springs to get a statistically definitive answer.

I've never said there was an 'important' difference; I even said just now that it doesn't matter in practise! What makes me curious is whether Cherry specified the springs differently, and on balance of the evidence so far I'd have to say that they did.

So... it's two different arguments :D

7bit

10 Dec 2012, 19:41

RC-1140 seems to be right!

I can't see much of a difference. (sorry for the bad picture, it is not 100% sharp and I should have used a tele for this. :roll: )
Attachments
CherryMX_Red_vs_Brown.jpg
CherryMX_Red_vs_Brown.jpg (235.68 KiB) Viewed 3553 times

Soarer

10 Dec 2012, 19:53

7bit wrote:RC-1140 seems to be right!

I can't see much of a difference. (sorry for the bad picture, it is not 100% sharp and I should have used a tele for this. :roll: )
That's not enough. Cherry produced springs with different numbers of turns that measure pretty much the same, and there's no reason why springs with the same number of turns can't measure differently. Measure the spring rates, or you're just rehashing old ripster trolling. :roll:

Return to “Group buys”