CHERRY G80-8200HPBUS-2 (Full ISO doubleshot set)

Reptile

02 Jul 2012, 20:46

Seeing if there would be any interest of these full sets; Brand new. Some of you know I recently ran a group buy for some G80-8113's that had a full ANSI set and my supplier contacted me and has quite a few NIB G80-8200HPBUS-2.

Price should be around $75-$85 each set. I believe this will have all the keys to fit any ISO board that has 1.25 mods; Only the spacebar would need to be modded. Please correct me if I am wrong :)

Half-Saint

02 Jul 2012, 20:48

Is that 75-85 with or without shipping? In any case that's quite steep.

xbb

02 Jul 2012, 20:55

for the full keyboard it's a nice price but shipping + taxes might be expensive

dirge

02 Jul 2012, 21:18

Not quite full ISO bud, just the enter, \| have been swapped. Rests pretty US orientated.

Reptile

02 Jul 2012, 21:21

dirge wrote:Not quite full ISO bud, just the enter, \| have been swapped. Rests pretty US orientated.

Ok but this is how the ISO Filco's are correct?

dirge

02 Jul 2012, 21:27

Can't say for all of them, but the UK one would have |\ next to Z and a short left shift.

Reptile

02 Jul 2012, 21:31

Damn your right I didn't even notice. Well what would be a fair price for these boards without shipping?

kint

02 Jul 2012, 21:42

Cherry seemed to mess with these regularily, my german 8200 i.e. has that naughty non stepped capslock too. :(
Price is too steep for me, otherwise I'ld jump in for one instantly. Not saying that the price ain't right though.
If by any chance a controller/ PCB remains spare I'ld be highly interested in it, as mine throws out firmware revision/hardware issues.
Did pay 40€ shipped for my used one, with clears and lasered caps. But I wanted it real bad... :|

7bit

02 Jul 2012, 21:53

I would be in for one. May I pay in key caps?

Djuzuh

02 Jul 2012, 21:56

what switchs are those?

7bit

02 Jul 2012, 21:57

As far as I remember and going by the letter B in HPBUS: MX brown.

kint

02 Jul 2012, 22:03

afair from GH these usually come in brown or clear despite saying "P" in the label. Mine as said is a clear one, label stating LPEDE.

Half-Saint

02 Jul 2012, 22:06

These relegendables are tempting but the nett price (shipping and import tax) would kill me.

Djuzuh

02 Jul 2012, 22:06

Reptile have you shipped the other one already?

If not is it possible to switch the order with this one? :o

Reptile

02 Jul 2012, 22:21

Djuzuh wrote:Reptile have you shipped the other one already?

I have already shipped everything from my previous group buys. Well besides 7bit because I just got his address again after GH dying :D

Also yes I believe these will be brown switches; I can have him check.

7bit

02 Jul 2012, 22:25

Reptile wrote:
Djuzuh wrote:Reptile have you shipped the other one already?

I have already shipped everything from my previous group buys. Well besides 7bit because I just got his address again after GH dying :D

Also yes I believe these will be brown switches; I can have him check.
I want mine unchecked, sealed, NIB, untouched!

Djuzuh

02 Jul 2012, 22:27

ah damn !

This one seems more interesting than the other one :x.

But it's kay, at least the other one has a decent layout haha.

7bit

02 Jul 2012, 22:29

The only indecentness about the G80-8200 is the fact that those 10 function keys are missing at the left.

Djuzuh

02 Jul 2012, 22:30

7bit wrote:The only indecentness about the G80-8200 is the fact that those 10 function keys are missing at the left.
He's long enough :P.

kint

02 Jul 2012, 22:38

actually those boards are pretty small given the included row on the right. They aren't any longer than normal 3k's.
But I'm with 7bit on this.
reptile, as a hint: If you sell those boards complete, check at least one board with the cherry tools software for issues with the firmware/programming.
Those are makro hardware programmable by pressing the 6 modifiers, however special functions like program start/shutdown or such will require cherry tools (free to download at their site). And current cherry tools versions seem to abandon older versions of controller hardware. :( [/endOT].

Reptile

02 Jul 2012, 22:48

kint wrote:actually those boards are pretty small given the included row on the right. They aren't any longer than normal 3k's.
But I'm with 7bit on this.
reptile, as a hint: If you sell those boards complete, check at least one board with the cherry tools software for issues with the firmware/programming.
Those are makro hardware programmable by pressing the 6 modifiers, however special functions like program start/shutdown or such will require cherry tools (free to download at their site). And current cherry tools versions seem to abandon older versions of controller hardware. :( [/endOT].

The G80-8113's we got before were made in the same year. I haven't even tried any of the Cherry tools software yet; I should probably do that :-)

I just asked for a quote on 10 boards just to get a ballpark price. He has 40+ available; I doubt there will be any issue of him selling them all.

7bit

02 Jul 2012, 22:53

If he has so many available, push the price down. Complain about that strange, never seen before, J-shape return (how are you supposed to type on this?)!!!

tsangan

02 Jul 2012, 22:57

that is a pretty high price without shipping around 60 shipped is right especially if you purchase a big amount.

I purchased 3 before around 65 shipped iirc

7bit

02 Jul 2012, 23:04

tsangan wrote:that is a pretty high price without shipping around 60 shipped is right especially if you purchase a big amount.

Did you buy them from the same seller?

tsangan

02 Jul 2012, 23:17

No idea who this seller is :lol:

Reptile

02 Jul 2012, 23:21

tsangan wrote:that is a pretty high price without shipping around 60 shipped is right especially if you purchase a big amount.

thank you this helps in my argument of lower prices 8-)

Reptile

02 Jul 2012, 23:51

Well tsangan got a pretty good deal :lol:

His lowest price would $78 per board. He said he has already sold over 50 units at $90 a piece :o

Anyways I doubt this will be going anywhere. What is G80-8200HPDUS-2?

He has 1 of those

Djuzuh

02 Jul 2012, 23:54

The D isn't listed on the deskthority wiki :x.

But probably another switch.

kint

02 Jul 2012, 23:55

afair the third letter, here D indicates the connector/layout type - likely USB instead of PS2. this was a combo designation if i remember correctly.
-2 is black as well. H is double shot of course. US is US layout, well likely like the "US layout" above.

edit: The second letter is the switch, guys !

tsangan

03 Jul 2012, 00:17

Reptile wrote:Well tsangan got a pretty good deal :lol:

His lowest price would $78 per board. He said he has already sold over 50 units at $90 a piece :o

Anyways I doubt this will be going anywhere. What is G80-8200HPDUS-2?

He has 1 of those
50 units at $90/per :shock:

Seller got a mighty good deal

Return to “Group buys”