Deskthority T-Shirt Group Buy Interest check

RougeRambo

25 Jul 2012, 18:33

I want one and will be ordering one either locally or over Zazzle, depends which is cheaper.
Price will be between £15-£20 including postage i think,

I would also like to try and give £2.50 out of every one sold to the forum, i will not make any profit out of this etc.

Here is current design, the font for the 'k' is slightly different to the original logo 0.o? can anyone supply me with original font (if it really bothers them, looks fine to me.)
edit- fixed it

Last edited by RougeRambo on 25 Jul 2012, 19:06, edited 1 time in total.

Acanthophis

25 Jul 2012, 18:38

Font is Melbourne.

fossala
Elite +1

25 Jul 2012, 18:38

I will buy one as long as the cotton is fairtrade.

RougeRambo

25 Jul 2012, 18:39

DeathAdder wrote:Font is Melbourne.
used melbourne, maybe the one i downloaded wasnt dead on.

give me a tiny bit, its just the k which is off, will try n fix it now
Last edited by RougeRambo on 25 Jul 2012, 18:41, edited 2 times in total.

RougeRambo

25 Jul 2012, 18:39

fossala wrote:I will buy one as long as the cotton is fairtrade.
will see what i can do.

fossala
Elite +1

25 Jul 2012, 18:40

It is possible do you want me to supply you with companies that will do it? I like nice clothing but I don't like it at people expense (modern day slavery).

RougeRambo

25 Jul 2012, 18:41

fossala wrote:It is possible do you want me to supply you with companies that will do it? I like nice clothing but I don't like it at people expense (modern day slavery).
would be great yeah, just pm me those who will do them.

fossala
Elite +1

25 Jul 2012, 18:44

Many companies do. I will look into it tonight as I haven't ordered printed t-shirts, just plain.

RougeRambo

25 Jul 2012, 18:47

fossala wrote:Many companies do. I will look into it tonight as I haven't ordered printed t-shirts, just plain.
theres these guys
http://www.tshirtstudio.com/t-shirt-pri ... e-t-shirts

RougeRambo

25 Jul 2012, 18:50

bit pricey though

fossala
Elite +1

25 Jul 2012, 18:51

RougeRambo wrote:
fossala wrote:Many companies do. I will look into it tonight as I haven't ordered printed t-shirts, just plain.
theres these guys
http://www.tshirtstudio.com/t-shirt-pri ... e-t-shirts
There are many, these have good reviews. http://www.tshirtandsons.co.uk/index.php
As I said in the pm, I will do the leg work and get you quotes but it will have to wait until Friday.
There is no reason it shouldn't be done fairtrade.

fossala
Elite +1

25 Jul 2012, 18:52

RougeRambo wrote:bit pricey though
That is, but I would prefer to pay the extra than to contribute to "modern day slavery".

RougeRambo

25 Jul 2012, 18:55

fossala wrote:
RougeRambo wrote:bit pricey though
That is, but I would prefer to pay the extra than to contribute to "modern day slavery".
aye, I buy Fairtrade when i can online but only if its available, its worth the extra, they are often better quality too.

edit - finalized design, unless anyone has a better idea.

kidchunks

25 Jul 2012, 19:13

Interested in 1 (small)!

Findecanor

25 Jul 2012, 19:39

Any Americans buying this shirt from the UK should probably up a size from what they are used to.

I don't buy European t-shirts any more because the shirt is too short and the fit is too wide. I use only American Large.

fossala
Elite +1

25 Jul 2012, 19:40

Findecanor wrote:Any Americans buying this shirt from the UK should probably up a size from what they are used to.

I don't buy European t-shirts any more because the shirt is too short and the fit is too wide. I use only American Large.
I only find that on cheap t-shirts.

Ascaii
The Beard

25 Jul 2012, 19:55

I would be interested...but out of persona preference...will there be other color choices? I look like a whale in white.

RougeRambo

25 Jul 2012, 20:03

Ascaii wrote:I would be interested...but out of persona preference...will there be other color choices? I look like a whale in white.
no reason why i cant mock up a black/white one.

RougeRambo

25 Jul 2012, 20:11

Does anyone want to do me the honour of doing a better mock up of the Deskthority logo, especially when fossla gets back to me with the company he thinks we should use (im all for the fair trade side)

Not sure if its pixelated a bit, my graphic design skills are rudimentary, i may ask a friend to have a go.

el2k

25 Jul 2012, 23:28

I work at a t-shirt screen printing company and depending on the order size can get them made at a lot better price than this as its only a single colour.

Sadly they would be printed on Gildan Heavy tees, the best quality imo.
They could be printed on fair trade tees but they would have to be supplied for us to print on.

If you want I can try and get a pricing list at work tomorrow?
For say something like, 20, 50, 100 or whatever?

EDIT: Off the top of my head i know there is a screen fee of around £20-30. (to make the screen of the graphics for printing) - this could be shared out amongst the order, and then I'm pretty sure i could get them made for around £7-8 each. I'll check tomorrow for certain though.

cactux

25 Jul 2012, 23:34

[Account and posts deleted on request]

mintberryminuscrunch

25 Jul 2012, 23:57

I'd be in for 1-2
PS. There is a shop where I live, that has fair trade shirts and does print them.
http://www.zuendstoff-shirts.de/index.p ... list=KAT02
http://www.zuendstoff-shirts.de/index.p ... list=KAT04

Topre Enthusiast

26 Jul 2012, 00:32

Great idea.
Personally I'd probably prefer a polo shirt over a t-shirt. A little embroidered 'DT' logo (like some of the keycap designs) would be cool and less chance of me having to explain what 'Deskthority' means to random people.

longweight
key-bored

26 Jul 2012, 00:36

In so hard.

jcrouse

26 Jul 2012, 05:35

In

Half-Saint

26 Jul 2012, 08:24

why is the logo inverted? :D Also.. make the corners round.

Glissant

26 Jul 2012, 08:27

Make it in black, then I'll get it.

codehead

26 Jul 2012, 08:34

I'm in BUT it needs more work. Agree with Half-Saint and 002 regarding the keycaps. Nice and thick doubleshot bending over would be so nice.

mintberryminuscrunch

26 Jul 2012, 09:15

Deskthority is lacking a (...) like gh's "wanna switch"
Ps: the colours shouldn't be a problem. We can offer several colour combinations for ppl to chose from (without significant impact on price)

Topre Enthusiast

26 Jul 2012, 09:20

I don't understand the use of the ellipsis.
It's a simple question, so why the awkward silence?

Return to “Group buys”