KBC Poker - European Distribution - Questions

webwit
Wild Duck

30 Mar 2011, 17:46

runeazn wrote:what are those switches?
http://webwit.nl/input/misc/poker/usermanual.pdf

Swede

30 Mar 2011, 18:18

looks really nice, and laughing a bit at the secondary arrowkeys....
wasd arrowkeys was good, don't need more than that. So adding ctrl,win,alt,shift feels wierd xD

JBert

30 Mar 2011, 20:51

Any news on moving the Fn key to get a right Alt key?

If not, I hope there'll be another group buy when the ISO version gets made, or whenever they release a kit version (which hopefully includes a re-programmable controller - Holtek for example seems to have an EPROM version of their keyboard controller).

webwit
Wild Duck

30 Mar 2011, 21:01

I think if you're waiting for them to move Fn on an ansi keyboard to get a iso alt key, you can wait a long time.

JBert

30 Mar 2011, 23:13

Could we go for re-programmable then?

EDIT: Just having a blank keyboard controller would be a start (I think I might be able to lend an IC programming device), but having some kind of utility to write on some extra flash memory to be added to the board would be great.

mtl

31 Mar 2011, 05:03

lol @ "VorTex Poker X" ... not eXtreme enough!

I like the concept and look forward to a plate mounted version to give it more weight.

sixty
Gasbag Guru

31 Mar 2011, 23:06

In the last 24 hours 6 people have cancelled their order with various reasons. Was the retail look really THAT bad guys? :P
Before that, one person has cancelled their order in the entire month.

Yeah yeah, I know. you guys probably all really do have proper reasons, i just found it a funny coincidence :D

xbb

01 Apr 2011, 00:02

sixty wrote:In the last 24 hours 6 people have cancelled their order with various reasons. Was the retail look really THAT bad guys? :P
Before that, one person has cancelled their order in the entire month.

Yeah yeah, I know. you guys probably all really do have proper reasons, i just found it a funny coincidence :D
Maybe it's because of the new name!

guilleguillaume

01 Apr 2011, 01:57

I'm still here! The only think I will ask for is for some kind of remap just for having Alt Gr. I will ask for it when I receive it :D

javifast

01 Apr 2011, 08:52

guilleguillaume wrote:I'm still here! The only think I will ask for is for some kind of remap just for having Alt Gr. I will ask for it when I receive it :D
I think you can use Alt + Ctrl to have AltGr. I'm spanish and I need that key too.

sixty
Gasbag Guru

01 Apr 2011, 18:30

ORDERS ARE NOW CLOSED

Orders are closed and invoices will be send out starting this weekend. If you still find yourself on the final list of orders (this will be published later), despite having cancelled your order, please post in the new "Problems & Cancellation" thread, that will be opened as soon as the first invoices are being sent out.

Thank you.

sixty
Gasbag Guru

02 Apr 2011, 15:57

Also to clarify, a bit more information:

The guys who designed and produced the Poker are called VorTex. The actual name of the product should therefore be VorTex Poker. KBC is merely a distributor (like we are too now) for the boards. The "X" in the name is supposed to mean "crossover" indicating a customized version. So in the future there could be POKER x DESKTHORITY as well.

That should also answer ripsters questions about KBC. Hope that clears some stuff up. If you have any more questions, let me know and I will forward them.

keyboardlover

02 Apr 2011, 16:47

Does VorTex have a website? That's how I'll know they're a real company.

webwit
Wild Duck

02 Apr 2011, 17:20

Not yet. They just created this company to handle stuff, first product is this keyboard.

sixty
Gasbag Guru

03 Apr 2011, 14:19

If you have ordered - Please check the following thread to confirm your order. Invoices will start going out tomorrow, so make sure to check for mistakes before:

http://deskthority.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=473

Zelaxe

03 Apr 2011, 19:48

Hi, newcomer here. Been lurking around for a couple of days and for quite some longer time on geekhack.

I would just like to ask if there is any chance of slipping in an order for a board with red switches? If not, I would definitely be interested if there would be a new group buy!

WarningHPB

04 Apr 2011, 04:40

Zelaxe you might want to post in the other thread aswell just to make sure you get sixtys attention just in case

Zelaxe

04 Apr 2011, 10:45

He did say only to post there if the info were incorrect. He'll probably take a look in this thread too when he checks the other. :)

sixty
Gasbag Guru

04 Apr 2011, 11:33

I can toss you in for one of the cancelled orders. Let me know your country and what model you want. Thanks.

Zelaxe

04 Apr 2011, 11:51

Red Switches to Sweden it is!

Thanks for making this happen. :3

Overcow

04 Apr 2011, 11:58

I'm in the exact same seat as Zelaxe (which might have something to do with the fact that I may or may not know him in the flesh, but still) and wondered if you had any other cancelled orders that I could fill up?

sixty
Gasbag Guru

04 Apr 2011, 18:49

Overcow wrote:I'm in the exact same seat as Zelaxe (which might have something to do with the fact that I may or may not know him in the flesh, but still) and wondered if you had any other cancelled orders that I could fill up?
Yes, give me your country and let me know your choice of switches.

VladTepes

05 Apr 2011, 09:55

I'm in the exact same seat as Zelaxe and Overcow :? . I've been lurking around this order for some time now and I am wondering if I could fill up.
That would be a Brown switches to France

Overcow

05 Apr 2011, 12:53

Redies to the Swedens, if I may.

sixty
Gasbag Guru

07 Apr 2011, 06:24

I added all of you to take spots of cancelled orders.

xbb

07 Apr 2011, 13:12

Sixty, once I get my blue one I will be able to order another one or a red one for my friends (or me :lol:)?

sixty
Gasbag Guru

07 Apr 2011, 13:13

xbb wrote:Sixty, once I get my blue one I will be able to order another one or a red one for my friends (or me :lol:)?
If we have another order - then sure. I plan to start the next one once this has shipped.

burr

07 Apr 2011, 15:22

Hello, I got the invoice and I'm rather new to paypal. The gift option is not available in the personal payments tab, so should I choose goods in the online purchase tab or other in personal payment tab?

Anyway, thanks for managing this group buy, I appreciate it.

sixty
Gasbag Guru

07 Apr 2011, 15:25

If you don't have the gift option, don't be too worried. Some accounts have no access to it for one reason or another. Just continue as usual, i'll take care of the fee. Alternatively you could send about 1,50 Euro more to cover the fee if you feel generous, but it is absolutely not a requirement.

runeazn

08 Apr 2011, 19:58

As you use shipping with order confirmation. Cant you use the cheaper 8,60 as i am low on money after buying those incredibily expensive graphic calculator. And as i am sending my money as gift which i can. Would mean i cant do a ordrr dispute as like on goods. Which nullifies the order confirmation.

Return to “Group buys”