Techkeys Group order

HzFaq

09 Sep 2012, 19:01

I missed out on the VIM/capslock group buy on GH so I'm going to order some from Techkeys, if anyone else wants to combine orders to cut down shipping costs drop me a PM or leave a message here and I'll get back to you.

I'll order tomorrow night so let me know before then.
Last edited by HzFaq on 09 Sep 2012, 22:33, edited 1 time in total.

Gilgam

09 Sep 2012, 22:28

Do i make a mistake or are they some SP keys rebranded ?

Grond

09 Sep 2012, 22:30

Hi, I'll take a black center stemmed caps lock. I'm from Italy.

RC-1140

09 Sep 2012, 22:34

they really look like SP keycaps. Probably a reseller. I'm tempted to buy a Vim keycap, but I guess I won't participate.

HzFaq

09 Sep 2012, 22:35

They are SP keys, the dude i3oilermaker runs group buys and sells the extra's and some other stuff on his website.

RC-1140

09 Sep 2012, 22:39

Are the keys really from _his_ groupbuys? I don't like people who buy stuff only to resell it for a profit.

hq1ify

09 Sep 2012, 22:50

Pardon my ignorance, but what's wrong with that? Don't you like keyboardco and others because they resell stuff for profit? I don't mean to be rude, this is an honest question.

RC-1140

09 Sep 2012, 22:58

It always depends. Of course I don't have anything against retailers. We need retailers. But I have no respect for private people who buy items from which are only limited numbers available, to resell them for a profit of often above 100%. Just look at the ClickClacks.

fossala
Elite +1

09 Sep 2012, 23:02

RC-1140 wrote:It always depends. Of course I don't have anything against retailers. We need retailers. But I have no respect for private people who buy items from which are only limited numbers available, to resell them for a profit of often above 100%. Just look at the ClickClacks.
Groupbuys are never limited though. I'm fine with things like this, to the extent that I'm fine with capitalism.

RC-1140

09 Sep 2012, 23:07

As I said, it depends. If this was sanctioned by the original seller, then it's ok with me too, but if one does this without telling him about, then I don't really like it.

fossala
Elite +1

09 Sep 2012, 23:11

RC-1140 wrote:As I said, it depends. If this was sanctioned by the original seller, then it's ok with me too, but if one does this without telling him about, then I don't really like it.
I would agree with that statement if the person was doing the group buy for free for the community. But let's face it, group buys are not "group buys" any more. They are just a way for people to make money out of the community.

RC-1140

09 Sep 2012, 23:18

true dat. But as this really seems to be a sell of leftovers it's ok with me.

DaXxJaPxX

09 Sep 2012, 23:22

RC-1140 wrote:As I said, it depends. If this was sanctioned by the original seller, then it's ok with me too, but if one does this without telling him about, then I don't really like it.
They are i3oilermakera ideas and his work with SP that gets them produced. Hes not buying an item already offered by SP in bulk and makig a profit. He runs group buys, creating unique keycaps, and orders extras to sell on his website.

Limmy

09 Sep 2012, 23:30

I ordered some center stemmed stepped CapsLock keys.

Prices are reasonable. (mark up seems to be relatively low) Seller seems to be honest. I like what he is selling. In these cases, I wouldn't mind giving the seller some money for my convenience.

I hope Moogle kits are sold in this way too. I don't like people charging $35 for what's been bought for $13. Of course the difference includes shipping going back and forth, but that is just money wasted for nothing.

HzFaq

10 Sep 2012, 11:09

As DaXxJaPxX said, they are leftover keys from GB's he's run himself as well as some bits that he had made especially for sale through the website (as far as I understand). The dude has a vendor subforum on GH so any questions would probably be better put there.

Just a quick bump incase anyone missed this last night, I'll be ordering around 8PM GMT so let me know if you want anything before then. Depending on how many people are interested I'll collect money after I've ordered which will make the postage calculations a bit easier, otherwise I'll have to wait until everyone ponies up before placing the order.

i3oilermaker

10 Sep 2012, 17:52

Just wanted to chime in since I am the owner of TechKeys

All the keys are SP produced keys and are either leftovers from a GB that I ran or my own designs that I produced.

My heatwire ratings can be seen here: http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=81230

I will follow up on this thread if there are any further questions!

bpierre

10 Sep 2012, 19:59

I'm in for 2 VIM keycaps. I'm in France.

HzFaq

10 Sep 2012, 21:28

Ok, I'm ordering in a bit, as there's only a couple of people I'll pay up front and divide up the postage between all of us. Expect PM's soon.

GMC

10 Sep 2012, 22:46

DaXxJaPxX wrote:
They are i3oilermakera ideas and his work with SP that gets them produced. Hes not buying an item already offered by SP in bulk and makig a profit. He runs group buys, creating unique keycaps, and orders extras to sell on his website.
Worth also remembering that he is carrying the financial risk of buying these during group buys. If they don't sell he loses, but everyone else in the GB benefits from the additional volume buying price reductions...
I can also say that from buying a billiards set from him his service was prompt and friendly.

Keep at it i3oilermaker.

i3oilermaker

11 Sep 2012, 00:36

Thanks and I will!

I can say that I have taken gambles on a lot of keys, some have payed off, some I have lost. (anyone want some yin yang keys?)

I can honestly say, most of the money I have made I have used towards buying more keys :)

RC-1140

11 Sep 2012, 00:41

No need to quote old posts by me ;-) , I've been ok with this since I was sure that it's really i3oilermaker's groupbuys and his page. You don't need ro convince me.
It's just that I'm always skeptical, it doesn't mean that I can't be convinced otherwise. As I said, I feel fine about this sell.

hq1ify

11 Sep 2012, 20:16

I just want say i3oilermaker's service is awesome *\o/*

edit:

HzFaq

17 Sep 2012, 20:19

Have to agree, the service really awesome, I got all the caps today and they'll all be sent out tomorrow.

Elrick

18 Sep 2012, 02:40

HzFaq wrote:Have to agree, the service really awesome, I got all the caps today and they'll all be sent out tomorrow.
And that's what's really important, trusting someone with your hard earned cash to deliver what you've paid for, in a very prompt manner.

That type of behaviour exhibited by Techkeys will only guarantee them immense success during these times.

i3oilermaker

18 Sep 2012, 23:20

Thanks Guys!

Heatwave feedback is appreciated! http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=81230
Last edited by i3oilermaker on 19 Sep 2012, 22:27, edited 1 time in total.

Thion

19 Sep 2012, 17:09

Just in case you haven't ordered already, I'd like some, how much would shipping to Germany cost?

HzFaq

19 Sep 2012, 17:20

Sorry, I ordered last week and the caps have already been recieved by me and sent out. If their inventory changes drastically during the next couple of months I'll maybe do another one.

Prices for 1 or 2 caps in a bubble wrap sausage in a envelope was around £1 to Italy/France from the UK so I'd imagine it would be about the same for Germany.

Return to “Group buys”