[IC] HyperMicro and HyperMini Keyboard

Ascaii
The Beard

05 Nov 2012, 21:55

i love the idea of the qhack. Ive got a bunch of desko boards with ps2 trackpoints, but the controller pcbs are rather clunky. Probably best we find a source for new ones anyways.

t!ng
Awake Sheep

05 Nov 2012, 23:13

Inspiration for the scroll wheel:

webwit
Wild Duck

05 Nov 2012, 23:21

That's pretty nice. The Logitech scrollwheel elsewhere is for their fat mice, this looks much more low-profile. Although the Logitech one is probably better.

tlt

06 Nov 2012, 11:12

Has anyone an established contact with Unicomp and is able to ask them if we can buy trackpoints? Or should I just mail there customer service?

webwit
Wild Duck

06 Nov 2012, 12:28

Probably not a good idea. Their current trackpoints are not as good as the original M13 trackpoints, and they're made to fit Unicomp keyboards.

7bit

06 Nov 2012, 20:31

webwit wrote:Probably not a good idea. Their current trackpoints are not as good as the original M13 trackpoints, and they're made to fit Unicomp keyboards.
Would a hole in the PCB and mountplate, like in CeeSA's mod be sufficient?

trax

06 Nov 2012, 22:00

No the design shows the scrolling wheel between the 2 spacebars.

phetto
Elite

08 Nov 2012, 13:14

7bit, if the hypermicro would have wireless support, that would be awesome. Perfect HTPC keyboard.
I mean for HTPC usage you only want letters and a ".". Looks sick too. Swede might be able to cut alu cases?

matt3o
-[°_°]-

08 Nov 2012, 16:57

I agree, make it wireless and I'll take 10 :P

webwit
Wild Duck

08 Nov 2012, 17:01

I'd like that, but it might not be realistic considering the mini design. No space.

phetto
Elite

08 Nov 2012, 17:20

everything is possible webwit =)

7bit

08 Nov 2012, 19:48

phetto wrote:7bit, if the hypermicro would have wireless support, that would be awesome. Perfect HTPC keyboard.
I mean for HTPC usage you only want letters and a ".". Looks sick too. Swede might be able to cut alu cases?
Just find a wireless-controller and you are done.

JBert

08 Nov 2012, 20:30

And a battery. And a bluetooth receiver. And backlighting. And a hands heater. And ...

Maybe we should stick to one thing at a time, the qHACK design is even a stretch.

gimpster

08 Nov 2012, 21:01

Needs to be reigned in quick or it'll turn into Round 4 all over again...just build it, they will come. Less time planning, more time executing. :)

dirge

08 Nov 2012, 21:01

JBert wrote:And a battery. And a bluetooth receiver. And backlighting. And a hands heater. And ...

Maybe we should stick to one thing at a time, the qHACK design is even a stretch.
but could it be amphibious?

Ascaii
The Beard

08 Nov 2012, 21:03

dirge wrote:
JBert wrote:And a battery. And a bluetooth receiver. And backlighting. And a hands heater. And ...

but could it be amphibious?
SPLATTER GUARDS EVERYWHERE!

7bit

08 Nov 2012, 21:47

What about a solar panel, or even better a battery which is charged through the key strokes!

Becuase we save the keyboard cable, we can add a pive whoch comes from the CPU-fan and goes into the gap between PCB and mount plate. The warm air will come out of the switch-opening holes and no longer have we got to type with cold hands!
:ugeek:

webwit
Wild Duck

08 Nov 2012, 21:49

7bit wrote:The warm air will come out of the switch-opening holes and no longer have we got to type with cold hands!
:ugeek:
I was already planning to use the hot air to make bacon.

7bit

08 Nov 2012, 21:49

gimpster wrote:Needs to be reigned in quick or it'll turn into Round 4 all over again...just build it, they will come. Less time planning, more time executing. :)
I've got the script to generate the PCB 99% finished.
:roll:

7bit

08 Nov 2012, 21:50

Why can't we have both?

webwit
Wild Duck

08 Nov 2012, 21:53

Your hands will smell like bacon.

7bit

08 Nov 2012, 22:16

webwit wrote:Your hands will smell like bacon.
Maybe we should use a filter ...

cat $CPUFAN | grill $BACON | fatfilter --nosmell --intensity 9 > /dev/qhack

tlt

08 Nov 2012, 23:35

7bit wrote:
gimpster wrote:Needs to be reigned in quick or it'll turn into Round 4 all over again...just build it, they will come. Less time planning, more time executing. :)
You are generating the PCB? Not drawing it? How does that work?

dirge

09 Nov 2012, 07:24

Science has proven Bacon increases your words per min.

You can't argue with science.

7bit

09 Nov 2012, 07:34

tlt wrote:
7bit wrote:
You are generating the PCB? Not drawing it? How does that work?
With a perl script which is now able to add soldering pads and mount holes for the switches to it.

All it needs is a source file where the keypositions are stored.

Next to come: placement of diodes

hargon

09 Nov 2012, 11:04

A Mini keyboard with the option to be used wireless or with cable via USB is something that would be really cool, i think.

Vierax

09 Nov 2012, 12:38

I think the goal is just to create and deliver the PCB, all is up to you to add a controller (Teensy or even an old chip) or to make it wireless :)

trax

09 Nov 2012, 13:00

Vierax wrote:I think the goal is just to create and deliver the PCB, all is up to you to add a controller (Teensy or even an old chip) or to make it wireless :)
It would be nice to have it in a groupbuy though, not every1 is good in hardware...

Vierax

09 Nov 2012, 22:06

It's not a question to be "good" it's a question of time and motivation to learn. And a question of apprehension : I don't know very much about PCB making, soldering and programming (old stuffs from High School) but it doesn't fear me to make my own keyboard and to learn bases of C.

TheProfosist

10 Nov 2012, 00:27

I interested in a micro and a C400 mini or a C600 mini. Where can I get the the stabilizers and space for the C400? Also what size is the space on the C600?

Return to “Group buys”