Magenta Ctrl, Alt, Win and Meta keys from Qwerkeys

hoggy

18 Nov 2012, 09:44

Hi All,

I'm running this small group buy as I really want a full yellow on magenta set. Qwerkeys has an MOQ of 100 keys for modifier keys. So I figure the easiest way to start is with the 1.25 modifiers on the bottom row.

The kit includes -
Ctrl *2
Alt *2
Win *2
Meta *1

That's it, no other keys.
The Win and Meta keys will have the usual icons, rather than text.

All keys will be J series - the same profile as cherry.

Sadly, I don't have the necessary talent to produce a mockup of how they would look - but here's a picture that shows off the colour scheme.
(Arrow keys are not included...)

To avoid any hassle with paypal, I'm going to pay for the keys upfront, and then send out invoices once the keys are in my possession.

I intend to follow up this group buy with the other modifiers. Members who buy in this round will be 'nudged' when the next round takes place.

I expect the costs will be around £14 + postage per set, depending on the number of sets ordered. Any profit (it won't be much) will be donated to DT.

Please let me know if you are interested by the end of November.

In
Ascaii
Last edited by hoggy on 18 Nov 2012, 17:57, edited 1 time in total.

GMC

18 Nov 2012, 10:58

I want to get in on this , but have no use/desire for magenta.

One question that I've never got an answer to: once an moq for mods has been reached and a set produced, will the moq disappear for future buys? Will we be able to buy from the website?

Depending on answer to this I would consider contributing just to get to that position

hoggy

18 Nov 2012, 11:22

I doubt it, at least for the near future.

I'm guessing -
The MOQ is probably set by devlin. Qwerkeys needs to order the keys in to engrave them and don't want to over stretch themselves. Considering the range of colours and variety of modifiers they could spend a huge amount of money on stock that no-one wants, and then just run out of money.

If they are only getting modifiers to order, then the only way for us to get them is with a large order. :(

pasph

18 Nov 2012, 11:51

Don't like magenta :(
In for other colors

Ascaii
The Beard

18 Nov 2012, 12:45

im in

Return to “Group buys”