GMK / Cherry doubleshot modifier packs (complete?)

IvanIvanovich

29 May 2013, 19:36

Wow that was fast. Keycaps have arrived. I will try and get some photos up ASAP. I will be quite busy sorting all the keycaps into their respective sets so I might not be on too much for a few days.

usopia

29 May 2013, 19:48

...great news!
I'm surprised at such nimble customs officials. ;)

dirge

29 May 2013, 20:14

omg photos! unboxing video! spare no expense!

Halvar

29 May 2013, 21:24

IvanIvanovich

31 May 2013, 17:56

Once again colors are not right. I will try to get some better photo later on.
All CMYK sets sorted, working on purple maybe about 100 done.

DanGWanG

31 May 2013, 20:16

Very glad to see this project come to fruition. Nice work lysol!

guilleguillaume

31 May 2013, 23:35

The CMYK set is just amazing and the purple set looks good too.

Acanthophis

01 Jun 2013, 00:47

Capslock, CMYK shifts and purple right shift legends are...well, off :/
Other than that, they look great.

Jmneuv

01 Jun 2013, 00:52

it's the way round: only purple left shift is off

Acanthophis

01 Jun 2013, 03:36

Oh yeah, I thought those arrows are supposed to be centred. My bad.

luckyryan333

01 Jun 2013, 11:06

Enter key

ANSI
Image Image

ISO
Image Image

Shift key

1.25x left
Image Image

1.75x right
Image Image

2.75x right
Image Image

Control key

1.0x left & right
Image Image

Window & Menu key

Alignment
Image Image

Ratio of legend
Image Image

luckyryan333

01 Jun 2013, 11:11

Shift key

1.25x left
Image Image

1.75x right
Image Image

2.25x left
Image Image

2.75x right
Image Image

Ctrl key

1.0x left & right
Image Image

luckyryan333

01 Jun 2013, 11:11

I heard that left-sided & top-sided legends are ISO style, especially DE, and centered ones are ANSI style, especially US.
Is it correct? If so, legends seem to be messed up?

Halvar

01 Jun 2013, 11:46

No, that's not correct. Take a look at this.

http://deskthority.net/w/images/e/eb/Cherry_11900.jpg

The windows key are an exception, their legends were in the upper left originally and were centered when Vista and the special form of the windows key came up in 2007.

Jmneuv

01 Jun 2013, 12:12

The mockups are just an aid not the template, the design rules should rather be derived from what Cherry originally did.
On newer lasered sets the arrows are top aligned even with caption.
Yes, the 1x ctrls should be left aligned.

IvanIvanovich

01 Jun 2013, 14:20

I already contact about the non uniform legends. Waiting to find out what their procedure is for corrections. I'm mostly concerned with the white/purple 2.25 shift as the vertical placement difference is rather poor looking. Not sure why different mold was used on that one when the black/yellow 2.25 shift is correct.

Halvar

01 Jun 2013, 17:22

@Ivan: great, thanks! The 2.25 shift is also the only one that concerns me. They really should have seen this in QC. The centered 1x1 controls are not 100% right, but I'm fine with them.

Thanks for all the work you put into this!

IvanIvanovich

03 Jun 2013, 19:45

Couple more shots, nearly accurate colors this time. Best I can get them.

Still waiting on details about getting correction keys with GMK. There will be delay on sending orders out until this is resolved. I will keep posted on this when I have more details.
Everything else is all sorted and will be ready to go as soon as I can add the corrected keys to those sets.

Jmneuv

03 Jun 2013, 20:52

The yellow shifts are a pleasure.

Weird that gmk got the alignment wrong on the same mold key .. maybe they used two molds for faster manufacturing?

BimboBB

03 Jun 2013, 22:36

Except from purple left ANSI shift the keys looking fantastic! :)

But which set/keyboard you have the WASD keys from? :?: Edit: Ah wait, its Dolch isnt it! :idea:

Broadmonkey
Fancy Rank

03 Jun 2013, 23:08

I am just in love with that green ESC key. The color is just perfect, and the CMYK set turned out a lot better than I anticipated :D

IvanIvanovich

04 Jun 2013, 14:09

Alright, so the word is there will be about a 2 week delay while we wait for replacement white/purple 2.25 shift, and both white/purple and black/magenta 1x Ctrl keys. For those that ordered Esc packs only I will have your orders shipped out by the end of week.

BimboBB

04 Jun 2013, 14:32

That sounds good. Are they doing correction on their own account? What will happen with the "wrong" keys? You sending them back?

fruktstund

04 Jun 2013, 14:49

Sounds good!

If I only ordered an ESC pack and a CMYK pack and don't really care about my 1x Ctrl keys Ivan, could I have my order shipped earlier that way? Just asking! (Special treatment might be a bad idea when sorting and shipping I guess.)

IvanIvanovich

04 Jun 2013, 17:01

You guys will get the mistake keys too. GMK definitely have excellent service and are taking care of it without a lot of questioning or any fuss.

Well... I would rather get everything taken care of before sending out. I don't want to get in situation where people change their minds and expect me to ship the correction keys later.

fruktstund

04 Jun 2013, 17:40

Haha, that's true. I wouldn't change my mind, but I guess there are people who could. :) And as always, I'm not in a hurry, so please take your time.

Actually, might be good to have correct 1x Ctrl keys too if I'd ever buy a keyboard with 1x Ctrls... :>

LechnerDE

04 Jun 2013, 17:55

IvanIvanovich wrote:GMK definitely have excellent service and are taking care of it without a lot of questioning or any fuss.
I am really glad to hear that.

Sounds like we will have many awesome GBs in the future :)

IvanIvanovich

04 Jun 2013, 18:31

True, 1x mods can come in handy if you ever happen to get Cherry 18**, TEX, Pure Pro, matrix keyboards, maybe I think I have seen a few JIS models with. I'm sure there are a few I am not thinking about.

Broadmonkey
Fancy Rank

05 Jun 2013, 11:55

A bit off topic, but is there such a thing as a JIS 1800?

guilleguillaume

05 Jun 2013, 12:22

Broadmonkey wrote:A bit off topic, but is there such a thing as a JIS 1800?
If I'm not wrong I think I've seen a picture before shown by IvanIvanovich.

Return to “Group buys”