GMK / Cherry doubleshot modifier packs (complete?)

chromiumstars

22 Jun 2013, 09:49

SO COOL.

I sent you a request for a couple singles, Ivan...Got my CMYKs in a different part of the state, they are slated to be here MONDAY. WHOO!

I think majority pink keys with the cmy modifiers + caps lock + windows key + rightclick menu/fn in purple will be SO fun. :) Mine will be unique for sure :D

Broadmonkey
Fancy Rank

22 Jun 2013, 10:41

damorgue wrote:I for one never quite liked back lit key caps with translucent legends because the support flanges on the inside are always visible.That is why I like windowed caps, as they usually have a smaller and more homogenous lighting. Is it possible to have it matte or semi-opaque to scatter the light more?
I guess they can do it in any degree of translucent/opaque as Ivan said they could get most plastic colors we wanted. it would also be cool to do it in a opaque white instead of the regular white, that way it would be backlight supportive (to some degree) while not looking like it.
I think clear will look better with GMK than SP, since the keys are thicker which probably hides the flanges on the inside a bit.

Jmneuv

22 Jun 2013, 11:55

Cherry caps don't have what i understand as flanges on the underside, they only have those strengthening fins but are flush otherwise.

Halvar

22 Jun 2013, 12:06

Cherry/GMK doubleshots do have stripes on the inner side, I think that's what Broadmonkey means. Look at the picture of the Geekhack keys for what I mean by "stripes".

IvanIvanovich

22 Jun 2013, 14:32

Yes, the first shot/second shot lines. I know Cherry had some that were a big block where the legend was, not stripes. Perhaps GMK has those and can hand pick those only? I don't know... I will see what I can find out and if I can get a sample key to see for ourselves before jumping the deep end.
I was thinking of putting in some of these kind of experiment keys, windowed keys, etc. if we do the white/purple nav/function/numpad pack. Maybe some alternates like 1.75 C row Control, B row caps locks, WASD or rows C,D cursor arrows, maybe a couple other.

DanGWanG

23 Jun 2013, 21:39

I'll just leave this here...thanks lysol!

More for anyone interested: http://imgur.com/a/Jmczg

chromiumstars

24 Jun 2013, 05:49

So...here's my Ducky Shine 2 :)

With the CMYK's... ^______^

Ivan, thanks again for doing this, and for letting me participate as a newbie!

So so excited. Very excited for the purple singles I've bought for the Winkeys and the right click menu/fn key, too! :)

kbdfr
The Tiproman

24 Jun 2013, 08:22

We're getting always closer to it...
kbdfr wrote:[irony mode]
[/irony mode]
:mrgreen:

Muirium
µ

24 Jun 2013, 10:54

Sweet caps kbdfr!

IvanIvanovich

24 Jun 2013, 13:52

It's fun seeing these keycaps on all sorts of different keyboards.
Sorry kbdfr, I don't think GMK offers that keycap profile...

7bit

24 Jun 2013, 14:46

Not the profile, but the colors match!

Broadmonkey
Fancy Rank

24 Jun 2013, 17:52

I've heard it's Ivans secret plan to make us go through sets until we can finally combine them and make the handarbeit candy keyboard set

Halvar

24 Jun 2013, 18:55

No no, the Handarbeit GB is over here.

rindorbrot

24 Jun 2013, 23:27

Woohoo, shipping notice!

pheo

25 Jun 2013, 11:14

I got shipping notice too, thank you very much IvanIvanovich for the effort you are putting on all of this.

usopia

25 Jun 2013, 23:25

pheo wrote:I got shipping notice too, thank you very much IvanIvanovich for the effort you are putting on all of this.
+1, looking forward.

Thanks Ivan & Flynn. ;)

Jmneuv

25 Jun 2013, 23:48

let the customs games begin.. 1 week or 6 weeks what'll it be

usopia

26 Jun 2013, 00:56

The DSA-Retro shipment was very fast, 10 days! :o
In another order, I'm now waiting for over three weeks but that's not unusual.

Grond

26 Jun 2013, 10:46

Got my Esc pack, thanks!
Those GMK keycaps look so much better than Signature Plastics. I'm looking forward to other GBs! Also the CMYK turned out much better than I expected, maybe next time it could be remade with white legends for even better match to white on black doubleshots.

IvanIvanovich

26 Jun 2013, 16:16

There are still 18 order left to send, but I ran out of mailers so if you haven't got a shipment notice with a tracking via paypal yet you are probably one of those people. There will be a short delay few days for me to send those out while I wait for the mailers I ordered to arrive to me. Sorry.

Broadmonkey
Fancy Rank

26 Jun 2013, 23:43

Got my order today. The CMYK set is beyond some of the best I have seen in conjunction with a white-on-black keyset, and the purple keys reminds me of the Game Cube in a good way :D

IvanIvanovich

27 Jun 2013, 00:20

Good to see some of international orders turning up and not being delayed forever or lost by the customs office.

dirge

27 Jun 2013, 10:00

oooo did you post mine? :D dvorak goodness

Kurk

27 Jun 2013, 10:40

dirge wrote:oooo did you post mine? :D dvorak goodness
GMK + Dvorak? Did I miss something?

dirge

27 Jun 2013, 11:34

He was hanging onto my dvorak dyesub set to ship with the gmk to save on shipping :)

although a gmk dvorak alpha set... you should suggest it ;)

IvanIvanovich

27 Jun 2013, 15:01

Yes dirge, yours was one of first orders sent actually. I don't think dvorak doubleshots will ever happen with GMK as there is not enough demand as far as I have seen. Only like 15 set were made with dyesubs.

dirge

27 Jun 2013, 15:04

Thanks :) I'll make sure to get some pics on an Ansi phantom and post them! :)

kbdfr
The Tiproman

28 Jun 2013, 12:41

Got my white on purple modifiers set today, thanks a very lot.

The colour is even worse than expected, but the quality is absolutely unbeaten.
And there were 3 caps too many in my bag - hope they're not missing elsewhere :mrgreen:

7bit

28 Jun 2013, 13:07

Nice avatar you have!
:geek:

Did you make it yourself?
:twisted:

kbdfr
The Tiproman

28 Jun 2013, 13:09

No, just advertising Tipro by using their logo :mrgreen:

Return to “Group buys”