GMK / Cherry doubleshot modifier packs (complete?)

guilleguillaume

05 Jul 2013, 23:16

Just to let you know the yellow in GMK keys sold by Elitekeyboards is exactly the same a the one in this GB.

pasph

06 Jul 2013, 02:06

still waiting

rindorbrot

08 Jul 2013, 22:17

Mine arrived today. Thanks ivan

maxmalkav
dye hard

09 Jul 2013, 12:20

Mine arrived last week (while in Sardinia), thanks a lot Ivan!

pheo

09 Jul 2013, 13:48

I am still waiting too. I hope I get it soon!
How long took to get Spain/Europe? Shipment was sent on June 25

BimboBB

09 Jul 2013, 14:23

Mine didnt arrived yet as well. Seems I am the last one from the germans. :(

kekstee

09 Jul 2013, 22:39

Not yet.

pasph

10 Jul 2013, 00:24

Got them

pheo

15 Jul 2013, 15:39

I got them today.

kekstee

15 Jul 2013, 21:35

Yep. It happened. :D

Looking forward to more ISO options :D - also my Numpad is still flimsy.

Grond

16 Jul 2013, 14:08

kekstee wrote:my Numpad is still flimsy.
I've got matching numpad doubleshots if you want: http://deskthority.net/marketplace-f11/ ... t5907.html

BimboBB

17 Jul 2013, 23:11

Got my package as well. Nothing missing. Great job, Ivan! Thanks very much. :)

Prelim

10 Jul 2014, 17:25

do you guys know when it will take place another group-buy for this? I want the modifiers for my G80-1800 (ISO), if anyone have a spare pack or want to sell, please PM me!

IvanIvanovich

10 Jul 2014, 18:00

I don't have any plans to re-run this colors any time soon... but other colors in similar configurations in couple month.

Prelim

10 Jul 2014, 18:13

ohhh :( :(

I would only be interested in this one. I saw one similar GMK CMY "ongoing" group buy (as you may know) but with white legends :( ...I need it in black because my 102keys ISO G80-1800 have DS white keycaps w/ black legends

If anyone doesn't use the ISO keys, please take a look on my WTB thread: http://deskthority.net/want-to-buy-f56/ ... t8378.html

Prelim

12 Jul 2014, 19:12

IvanIvanovich wrote:Based on current results, I was thinking to restructure the language packs to:
PACK 1:
US/GB/JP (Roman only) language specific keys
PACK 2:
DE/NO/DK/SF language specific keys
PACK 3:
ES/IT/PO language specific keys
PACK 4:
??/TBD based on need

What do you think about it?
hi Ivan,

sorry for the thread revival, but this ever went ahead? I didn't found any info but I am extremely interested on a Portuguese language pack too!!

IvanIvanovich

12 Jul 2014, 21:14

No. There was not enough interest to support the 250 minimum order at the price point required for other language supplement keys. It's unlikely this will change but I will be more than happy to try it again if there is enough interest to make it happen.

Prelim

13 Jul 2014, 02:18

well, almost 2 years were past since then, maybe the number of interested users is more now don't you think?

IvanIvanovich

13 Jul 2014, 02:22

Perhaps... I will put some feelers out on it on next interest check.

bazh

13 Jul 2014, 07:43

I still hope that there would be a chance for purple to get another round made :(

Zylkan

22 Jul 2014, 12:09

IvanIvanovich wrote: No. There was not enough interest to support the 250 minimum order at the price point required for other language supplement keys. It's unlikely this will change but I will be more than happy to try it again if there is enough interest to make it happen.
Please count me in for a Portuguese language pack as well Ivan! ;)

Halvar

22 Jul 2014, 12:22

Do you think there's a chance to find buyers for 250 ES/IT/PO language packs? No chance at all IMO. Look at the round 5 numbers...

I'm afraid you have a better chance looking out for old Portuguese Cherry boards on ebay, and to combine it with a GMK modifier set from here.

Prelim

22 Jul 2014, 12:45

I believe 250 is the MOQ units for all the requested language packs, not only for the one ES/IT/PO, am I right?

If so could it be something like:
- US/GB/JP (Roman only) -150 units
- DE/NO/DK/SF -50 units
- ES/IT/PO - 50 units
- ??/TBD based on need - 20? units

Zylkan

22 Jul 2014, 12:47

Do you think there's a chance to find buyers for 250 ES/IT/PO language packs? No chance at all IMO. Look at the round 5 numbers...
That is the cold hard truth, no doubt. But just for the record can you please clarify ? Is the 250 target for each language pack or for the total order?
If it is indeed for each than we might as well just forget it and 5 may be the actual realistic quantity for ES/IT/PO... lol

Broadmonkey
Fancy Rank

22 Jul 2014, 12:54

The 250 minimum order is for each key, that means you have to order that specific amount for every unique key cap you request, so you cannot split the order as Prelim asked.

Prelim

22 Jul 2014, 12:59

ok, that's insane and not feasible then :/

for IT/PO we have the Ç cap, so if I get it right we should have a minimum 250 units order for that (which equals 250 italian/portuguese users that do not exist!!)
Last edited by Prelim on 24 Jul 2014, 13:14, edited 1 time in total.

Zylkan

22 Jul 2014, 14:27

ermm... the Ç isn't our only problem, is it ?! Otherwise I would just blank it for the time being. I think I could live with that...

IvanIvanovich

22 Jul 2014, 16:16

GMK has a 250 unit minimum order for anything. The cheapest and easiest solution for doubleshot would be to make a European language multipack with the bare number of keys which would be 12 alpha/punctuation keys that are different on each layout plus a generic 1-0 keys that have nothing but the numbers on them. Using the generic numbers would more than half the required keys and result in a considerably cheaper price. Of course most people didn't seem to care much for that idea.
The other thing that might be possible is to see if GMK is willing to split up some sets to have different language legends as secondary pad printing on the US sets. Like what I did with GB legends on the Dolch buy. I just need to try to persuade them to do a few different screen set ups to accomplish that for more than one secondary language.

Prelim

22 Jul 2014, 19:33

using 0-1 with nothing but numbers isn't a solution (at least for me). I am willing to pay good money for a GMK portuguese keyset, but it must be a perfect/normal set... no cheating on legends :p

IvanIvanovich

22 Jul 2014, 19:42

Yes exactly... but on the other hand there is not 250+ people that want to pay something like $170+ in the end for that either by the time you add up the cost of the base set plus a language add on.
In the end it comes down to how many people are interested at all, and what is most important cost or having something 'perfect'. It can't be both ways.

Return to “Group buys”