Krytox GPL 200 [All have finally arrived]

pasph

26 Feb 2013, 02:58

jcrouse wrote:If you need a few extra bucks drop me a pm, no problem.

John
+1

The_Ed
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!

26 Feb 2013, 04:24

I'd rather not, but thanks for offering. I'll probably just pad the next GB orders to make up for any loss I incur in this one. I will also be fully opening it up to GHers as there have been some perturbed people that wanted to join, but they don't frequent here so they didn't know about it. Prepayment will be mandatory, ordering will be open for longer, and orders will be marked as shipped before they actually are so that paypal doesn't have a conniption. (If your order is marked as shipped right now, it actually has been shipped.)

There is an issue of people sending multiple PMs with different addresses... If it doesn't show up at your doorstep, it's at your previous/other doorstep. Not my fault, I tried. (No one has ever contacted me about a missing package, which means I'm probably overdue...) I need a way to make it mandatory for people to put their username, order, and 'absolute' shipping address in their payment. And also make it so they can't send it as 'gift'. Is there a way to do that? I don't want to have to invoice people, but if that's what it takes...

pasph

26 Feb 2013, 04:43

It smells like a gh style gb ;)

The_Ed
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!

26 Feb 2013, 04:53

I think you mean 7bit style, though I'd need a bot for that...

The_Ed
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!

26 Feb 2013, 18:43

Alright, there is some good news. All are shipped now, and because of my inconsistent weight some were cheaper to ship. Thus after inlikeflynn pays me I'll be in the positive a few dollars (I am negative until then). This means that the price for the next round will probably be the same (unless I need more shipping supplies, or I want like $1 a tube or something as packaging is a pain in the ass...).

The_Ed
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!

27 Feb 2013, 22:14

Remember that when you receive your tubes you need to make a post here. Otherwise there really isn't a way for me to know. And also tell us your impression of it on a few switches, and how you applied it.

When do you guys think I should start the next round for all 8 grease GPL 200-207?

jcrouse

01 Mar 2013, 00:24

Got mine in the US today. Will not be able to try it for a couple of weeks but will report back.

Thanks,
John

The_Ed
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!

01 Mar 2013, 00:30

Good, now we just gotta hope that Mr. Lubealot's pink bubble mailer doesn't get stuck in customs...

The_Ed
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!

01 Mar 2013, 03:09

Alright... I killed the click in a blue, green, and white... I filled 1 of my tester boards with 1 of each of the 9 main switches (excluding lock) and lubed them with my tube of 200. So now I have 2 tester boards, 1 with normal (including lock) and 1 with 200 lubed (excluding lock). Maybe I should try it on some stabilizers next. I have a feeling it'll work nicely there.

200 is NOT recommended for clicky switches! Use a krytox oil if you have to lube clicky switches!

Acanthophis

01 Mar 2013, 03:44

The_Ed wrote:200 is NOT recommended for clicky switches! Use a krytox oil if you have to lube clicky switches!
Damn.

The_Ed
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!

01 Mar 2013, 07:31

It looks like Acetrak and Index have also received their lube according to the tracking numbers. I cant see the progress of all you internationals though.

Acetrak

01 Mar 2013, 17:15

Yes I received mine yesterday. No pink bubble mailer for me tho :P

The_Ed
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!

01 Mar 2013, 19:54

Only Mr. Lubealot got a pink bubble mailer. It'll probably be at least next week before the internationals start to show up. I wonder who will get theirs first. And hopefully everybody gets theirs as there are no extras.

The_Ed
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!

04 Mar 2013, 23:51

Any internationals showing up yet? I can't check the status of your package here, so you have to tell me when it arrives.

Acanthophis

05 Mar 2013, 00:22

I once waited 3 months to receive a package from the US, Cali.
So I don't expect it to show up too soon.

The_Ed
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!

05 Mar 2013, 00:39

3 months?! :shock: Now just imagine how long it will take your pink bubble mailer addressed to "Mr. Lubealot"! :lol:

webwit
Wild Duck

05 Mar 2013, 18:23

I got lube!

The_Ed
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!

05 Mar 2013, 22:37

In your pants, on your cocker spaniel, or in your keyboard?

Index

06 Mar 2013, 09:46

Got your lube =)))

gmjhowe

06 Mar 2013, 10:55

Reasons for this group buy
- To get a product to help make key switches nicer
- So that people can make jokes about it also being called lube

The_Ed
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!

06 Mar 2013, 11:22

Do you guys think this work in progress form will be good for the next round?

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Iz_e1j ... g/viewform

Don't submit anything, it is a test form.

EDIT: Does anyone know how to convert the shipping preferences to defined numerical values in the responses spreadsheet? That way it could count the total shipped/paypaled for me.

The_Ed
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!

10 Mar 2013, 23:09

Webwit cant be the only international to have received his lube. Are there seriously no Germans or Italians yet? Is the Netherlands post the only competent one?

pasph

10 Mar 2013, 23:50

When all the germans have received theirs in Italy we have to wait at least another week...

rindorbrot

10 Mar 2013, 23:52

The_Ed wrote:Webwit cant be the only international to have received his lube. Are there seriously no Germans or Italians yet? Is the Netherlands post the only competent one?
I wonder the same thing...

The_Ed
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!

10 Mar 2013, 23:59

Why does it take so long? ESPECIALLY considering how much the shipping is. Do you guys just get used to it and put up with it?

pasph

11 Mar 2013, 00:31

I begin to be nervous after a month from shipping

The_Ed
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!

11 Mar 2013, 00:35

The bad thing here is that if it doesn't show up I cant really do anything... The only thing that I *may* be able to do would be to pad the price of the next GB to cover any missing packages and reorder the missing ones.

pasph

11 Mar 2013, 00:39

Don't worry, patience is a virtue, and somewhere a necessity

The_Ed
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!

11 Mar 2013, 01:13

Alright, I have asked for a quote for Krytox GPL 100-107 and 200-207; in sizes 2oz, 8oz, 0.5kg, and 0.8kg; their MOQs; and finally if there are any volume discounts.

Now tell me your opinions of my work-in-progress form. But don't submit anything yet as it is just a test form.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Iz_e1j ... g/viewform

Does anyone know how to convert the shipping preferences to defined numerical values in the responses spreadsheet? That way it could count the total shipped/paypaled for me.

Acanthophis

11 Mar 2013, 02:17

I once received a package from California 3 months after it had shipped.
To be fair, Christmas holidays was between, but still...

It has been a little more than 2 weeks since you shipped. I wouldn't expect anything from overseas to arrive this quickly.

//Ah, shit. I thought I thoroughly scanned this thread because in the back of my head I thought I already stated the 3 months somewhere :/

Return to “Group buys”