Krytox GPL 200 [All have finally arrived]

The_Ed
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!

01 Feb 2013, 10:55

If only you lived here. Everything I order from around the world requires just my signature and no customs fees.

Does anybody know where I could get some cheap hard plastic tubes to put the lube tubes in to protect them during shipping?

BimboBB

01 Feb 2013, 11:22

now we know why yr country is in debt with 16 trillions. ;)

I will pay today evening.

edit: paid

The_Ed
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!

01 Feb 2013, 20:39

Yeah, I know were fucked... -> http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Bums who haven't paid yet need to cough up. And no, that isn't my finger.

EDIT: Wow, apparently I didn't sleep any as my sarcasm is a bit dirty.

The_Ed
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!

02 Feb 2013, 08:13

I've just noticed that some of you are putting different shipping addresses in PMs/payment notes than what is in your paypal account.

I will ship to your paypal shipping address, make sure it is current.

Icarium

02 Feb 2013, 09:14

If people are explicitly giving you different addresses why would you ship to the one in paypal? :)

Also: Paid. :)

The_Ed
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!

02 Feb 2013, 22:40

I go through paypal and print off addresses when I ship. It's a pain in the ass to sift through all my PMs and such to see if people want me to ship somewhere else. Plus paypal only protects the seller if they ship to the "seller protection address" that people enter into their paypal accounts. It's easy enough for you all to just make sure your addresses are current in paypal, and it saves me the headache.

EDIT: I only noticed 1 person that did it (and have subsequently forgotten where). If everybody just makes sure their paypal addresses are current, they'll avoid me not shipping to the right address.

You didn't put your username in the payment then as I have a noname $59, but I counted you as paid.

The_Ed
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!

04 Feb 2013, 01:17

TheGrey wants to drop out... Anyone want to take his place? Anyone have any idea what the "Royal Mail blanket holding fee" is? It doesn't sound real to me, and I googled it without any results.
TheGrey wrote:Dear Ed,
I feel really guilty about this, but I've gotta pass on this: I cannae spend 60 dollars on lube and then pay the customs, and then Royal Mails blanket holding fee of $16 for just holding an item that is not had customs applied to it.

I'm sorry,
A
The_Ed wrote:I have no idea what you are talking about. I have never heard of such a thing as a "Royal Mail blanket holding fee". I've sent quite a few packages to the UK before without a problem. You pay $59 shipped/paypaled for the lube, and pay customs (if applicable) on $43.50 (the price of the lube).

This is a GroupBuy, and I have already ordered and paid for your lube out of my own pocket. To drop out you must first find someone else to buy it in your stead. pasph did just that. You knew the price estimate of $38.50 (before shipping to me) beforehand, and yet now you say you can't justify paying that price?

I will put a post in the thread saying you want to drop out.

Acanthophis

04 Feb 2013, 01:26

All hail transparency! :o

Acetrak

04 Feb 2013, 05:12

I'm interested in taking his place, located in USA

The_Ed
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!

04 Feb 2013, 05:39

Acetrak swapped in and paid. All will be paid after Batmann, TheProfosist, and inlikeflynn (cash at Arby's) pay.

Index

04 Feb 2013, 09:29

The_Ed wrote:I go through paypal and print off addresses when I ship. It's a pain in the ass to sift through all my PMs and such to see if people want me to ship somewhere else. Plus paypal only protects the seller if they ship to the "seller protection address" that people enter into their paypal accounts. It's easy enough for you all to just make sure your addresses are current in paypal, and it saves me the headache.

EDIT: I only noticed 1 person that did it (and have subsequently forgotten where). If everybody just makes sure their paypal addresses are current, they'll avoid me not shipping to the right address.

You didn't put your username in the payment then as I have a noname $59, but I counted you as paid.
I updated my address. However, I did not include my forum name (Index) in the details. I pm'ed you the details Th_Ed. Sorry about the inconvenience. =(

The_Ed
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!

04 Feb 2013, 10:24

I have ANOTHER drop out... Who wants Batmann's lube?

Index - I already counted you as paid because of your unique amount. But I just looked at your PM from the 1st (that's the only one I see) and the address is different than in paypal. Your PM has the 3170 address, but your payment has the 5053 address. Did you remember to save the changes? Or maybe you saved it as a secondary address or the paypal servers are slow to update, who knows. All I know is that they are still different for some reason.

Icarium

04 Feb 2013, 10:28

The_Ed wrote:I go through paypal and print off addresses when I ship. It's a pain in the ass to sift through all my PMs and such to see if people want me to ship somewhere else. Plus paypal only protects the seller if they ship to the "seller protection address" that people enter into their paypal accounts. It's easy enough for you all to just make sure your addresses are current in paypal, and it saves me the headache.

Ugh, yes. I forgot, sorry! :)

The_Ed
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!

04 Feb 2013, 10:34

FYI - Almost everyone forgot to put their username...

Hopefully someone picks up Batmann's order.

If I ever run another GB sometime I'll probably run it as a "pay up front or you don't get shit" so as to avoid people just deciding to leave me with a credit card bill (and lube). Joining a GB is making a commitment and involves trust.

pasph

04 Feb 2013, 13:11

since Batmann's slot was mine, if no one wants it (3 HOURS FROM NOW), i'll pay for it

pasph

04 Feb 2013, 16:51

The_Ed please can you send me an invoice?

The_Ed
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!

05 Feb 2013, 00:13

pasph is resubstituted back in, and paid.

I hope TheProfosist doesn't drop out now... He won't respond to my PMs here or on GH. If I don't hear back or receive payment soon I'll have to consider him a drop out as well.

Acanthophis

05 Feb 2013, 00:14

Just wait, he has a lot on his table these days with his GB and services.

The_Ed
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!

05 Feb 2013, 00:25

I tried another way to get his attention. Let's see if I get temp-banned for being off-topic.

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=384 ... #msg788550
The_Ed wrote:OI! TheProfosist I have PM'd you on both DT and GH without a response or payment. It was suggested to post here to get your attention. You are about to be considered a drop out in my Krytox GPL 200 GroupBuy.

The_Ed
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!

05 Feb 2013, 06:36

Finally a response, and yet another drop out!... Why do people join a GroupBuy when they don't have the money?

Who wants to take TheProfosist's order?
TheProfosist wrote:I think I have to drop out if thats possibly sorry I dont think I have the money at the moment sorry if yo ucant find someone to fill in let me know and ill see what I can do

Halverson

05 Feb 2013, 07:27

The_Ed wrote:Finally a response, and yet another drop out!... Why do people join a GroupBuy when they don't have the money?

Who wants to take TheProfosist's order?
TheProfosist wrote:I think I have to drop out if thats possibly sorry I dont think I have the money at the moment sorry if yo ucant find someone to fill in let me know and ill see what I can do
Because he bought a girlDC whale today.

The_Ed
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!

05 Feb 2013, 08:48

Do you have a source for that? I really hope that isn't the reason he doesn't have any money since he already had this prior GroupBuy commitment. That would be a really dickwad move if it's true.

EDIT:It looks like you're right! Total dickwad!

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=387 ... #msg788710

group buys / Re: [Group Buy] MKC Aluminum Spacebar Round 2
« on: Mon, 04 February 2013, 19:49:27 »
TheProfosist wrote:just paid for:

1x 6.25x OEM Black
1x 7x Cherry Black
1x 7x Cherry Orange
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=399 ... #msg788759

Re: GirlDC caps @ techkeys
« Reply #45 on: Mon, 04 February 2013, 20:27:40 »
TheProfosist wrote:bought a black whale to go with my black alu space
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=399 ... #msg788882

keyboard key caps / Re: GirlDC caps available at techkeys for $120-$140 USD
« on: Mon, 04 February 2013, 22:48:45 »
TheProfosist wrote:Bought myself a black whale right after i got the email.
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=330 ... #msg788915

keyboards / Re: It's in the mail...
« on: Mon, 04 February 2013, 23:20:56 »
TheProfosist wrote:girlDC black whale :D

mintberryminuscrunch

05 Feb 2013, 09:16

Dropping out shouldn't be an option.
If you can't find someone, you could buy some small plastic jars(or whatever) and sell the remaining one in smaller quantities.

The_Ed
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!

05 Feb 2013, 09:25

A 2ounce tube is already a pretty small quantity. And I don't have a scale or containers.

Someone be a hero and pick up TheProfosist's order.

In my opinion the people who drop out of GroupBuys should be put on a list. And those on that list should have to pay up-front and a fee of ($€£)10 extra for every GroupBuy they want to join. Anyone else agree with me?

Acanthophis

05 Feb 2013, 12:59

Always depends on the reasons. There are some for which I can understand a drop out.
But simply spending your money elsewhere (and stupidly so, imo) although you signed up for a GB long time ago?
Not nice!

pasph

05 Feb 2013, 13:43

These are normal behaviors in a marketplace...

The_Ed
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!

05 Feb 2013, 15:29

pasph wrote:These are normal behaviors in a marketplace...
You think it's normal for TheProfosist to spend over $200 on other stuff, then tell me (who has already paid for a tube for him) that he doesn't have any money to buy the tube he committed to buy? That's NOT normal in my book.

pasph

05 Feb 2013, 16:10

pasph wrote:These are normal behaviors in a marketplace...
I mean that you are wrongly suppose that was a community, that is just a market
Go and hand paint some caps they have no time to lose
no emoticon just overly sad shit

The_Ed
Asperger's... SQUIRREL!

06 Feb 2013, 01:41

Halverson has been swapped in for TheProfosist, and also paid. He will be getting his lube from inlikeflynn.

Jmneuv

06 Feb 2013, 02:19

lol, for a whale cap;
Ed, you're brilliant.

Return to “Group buys”