KBC Poker - Status Updates

sixty
Gasbag Guru

28 Apr 2011, 17:14

Everything is paid, I have no updates yet on the production time.

ripster

28 Apr 2011, 17:40

deleted.

This forum needs a delete button.

runeazn

05 May 2011, 21:15

hurry updates :)

choot

05 May 2011, 23:13

Hello world !

I'm new.
Is any chance to get this kb ?
Mx red or black.
(sorry for my english, i'm french.)

And, if there no chance to get it here, can u confirm that this ebay offer are genuine and the keyboard are really the final version ?
http://cgi.ebay.com/KBC-Poker-40-Mechan ... 968wt_1284

sixty
Gasbag Guru

06 May 2011, 02:17

Good news!

Production will start next monday and keyboards will already ship in early June. Thanks to the VorTex guys for making it possible much earlier than expected. Good job!
choot wrote: I'm new.
Is any chance to get this kb ?
Mx red or black.
(sorry for my english, i'm french.)

And, if there no chance to get it here, can u confirm that this ebay offer are genuine and the keyboard are really the final version ?
Sorry, currently all orders are spoken for and the group buy has ended. If there is enough interest, I may start another next month. In the meantime, the eBay seller is valid and a somewhat trustable guy and nice felllow. You can also find him on the geekhack forums for direct contact AFAIK.

choot

06 May 2011, 03:19

Thanks !

NewGuy

06 May 2011, 03:59

sixty wrote:Good news!

Production will start next monday and keyboards will already ship in early June. Thanks to the VorTex guys for making it possible much earlier than expected. Good job!
Excellent! If they are shipping in early June (is that to you, or to us?) I may need to have mine shipped to another address though. I hope that won't be an issue.

runeazn

06 May 2011, 17:06

if somebody decides he wants a blue instead of black pm me we can trade it : ;)

mSSM

07 May 2011, 19:56

Yay, the update is greatly appreciated! Thanks a lot sixty; I was just thinking about what's happening when I read your post. :-)

BTW: Does that whole production thing apply to the MX Reds too? Wasn't it said somewhere that those would take a little while longer?

Yomi39

08 May 2011, 11:30

Great!! Thanks a lot :D

sixty
Gasbag Guru

08 May 2011, 12:53

From the sound of the last VorTex mail, it seems like all keyboards will be delivered at once. No matter on the switch type :D

Swede

08 May 2011, 13:27

Thats real nice! I was prepared to wait until the end of summer for my reds ;)

Brian8bit

08 May 2011, 13:55

My loins burn with longing.

mSSM

08 May 2011, 16:25

Ah, there is already much rejoicing from this side of my desk!

runeazn

08 May 2011, 23:09

ah thats nice for the poeple who bought the Red mx Great Vortex :)

prava

09 May 2011, 03:21

Awesome news, this means that probably we should get our keyboards by the beginning of july, or maybe even sooner! :D :D :D :D

guilleguillaume

09 May 2011, 14:09

I think you're understanding it the wrong way.

The Keyboards will ship to Sixty when all of them are produced and this will happen when the MX Red ones are finished which as Sixty told they need 12 weeks for production or so. That means that it doesn't matter that the other kind of keyboards need less time of production because they will ship when the keyboards that need more time of production are finished.

At least is what I'm understanding but I could be wrong.

mSSM

09 May 2011, 14:12

Stop being so negative! Right now it is time to rejoice! Should it indeed be the way you describe, there still is time to plummet into disappointment.

rouston

09 May 2011, 16:25

It's simple. From what Sixty is saying you should receive your keyboard during June.

prava

09 May 2011, 19:16

guilleguillaume wrote:I think you're understanding it the wrong way.

The Keyboards will ship to Sixty when all of them are produced and this will happen when the MX Red ones are finished which as Sixty told they need 12 weeks for production or so. That means that it doesn't matter that the other kind of keyboards need less time of production because they will ship when the keyboards that need more time of production are finished.

Nope, actually ;) sixty clearly stated the production will start "next monday" (today, so), and then added that it includes the MX Reds.

So, we are going to get'em soon...well, maybe the non-red would not come sooner but the reds will deffinitely do.

guilleguillaume

09 May 2011, 21:23

prava wrote:
guilleguillaume wrote:I think you're understanding it the wrong way.

Nope, actually ;) sixty clearly stated the production will start "next monday" (today, so), and then added that it includes the MX Reds.

So, we are going to get'em soon...well, maybe the non-red would not come sooner but the reds will deffinitely do.
That's what I said :roll:

I was refering to the ones that are talking about Reds coming sooner. Keyboards will come at the same time so they are not coming sooner than other switches.

prava

10 May 2011, 07:26

No, no. At first, Mx Reds were supposed to be fabricated after the other ones were done (due to schedule, I suppose). As it is now, all of the keyboards will be fabricated together and, thus, will be sent together at the same time.

So, we will have the reds before

Minskleip

11 May 2011, 00:40

Cool, looking forward to get the keyboard!

runeazn

16 May 2011, 20:55

yep also looking foward :)

also somebody want to trade their black with my blue..
ill pay the difference. and if we're quick sixty can change it maybe..

as it really is a problem the clickyness..
i tested a razorblackwidow for the sound and my parents would throw the keyboard away.. :(
they found it too loud.

ripster

16 May 2011, 21:22

Your role as a teenager is to annoy your parents. Stick with the Blue Cherries.

(typed on a Blue Cherry FIlco after 6 weeks on Red Cherry Filco. Almost forgot how FUN these are to type on!)

NewGuy

16 May 2011, 21:49

ripster wrote:Your role as a teenager is to annoy your parents. Stick with the Blue Cherries.

(typed on a Blue Cherry FIlco after 6 weeks on Red Cherry Filco. Almost forgot how FUN these are to type on!)
What is your opinion on Red vs Blue after having spent some time with them?

My problem with blue is that the keys kept sticking on the way up due to the tactile bump.

runeazn

24 May 2011, 23:27

i tested out blacks and i bottom them out way less than my brown, but i still bottom them out often.

maattdd

25 May 2011, 12:22

Any news about production ? :)

sixty
Gasbag Guru

25 May 2011, 13:16

Not yet!

runeazn

26 May 2011, 00:22

aww :(

Return to “Group buys”