Chinese IBM keyboard proxy Round 2 - Placed order.

fossala
Elite +1

18 Jan 2013, 20:15

Same as this http://deskthority.net/marketplace-f11/ ... t4688.html
I've just emailed the guy and asked if he still has the last 10 and if so I should be able to buy them in the next week or 2.
Here we go again, how am I going to explain this to the misses...

1. Me, Might as well get a third at this price... PAID IMPORT TAX PAID
2. Mintberryminuscrunch PAID IMPORT TAX PAID
3. Icarium (JP) PAID IMPORT TAX PAID
4. 7bit (Chinese) PAID IMPORT TAX PAID
5. dirge PAID IMPORT TAX PAID
6. Soarer (Japanese 6112883) PAID IMPORT TAX PAID
7. Soarer (Chinese 6113442) PAID IMPORT TAX PAID
8. Icarium PAID IMPORT TAX PAID
9. 7bit (Chinese) PAID IMPORT TAX PAID
10. 7bit PAID IMPORT TAX PAID

You will be not marked as paid until you pay INCLUDING PAYPAL FEES
Last edited by fossala on 27 Feb 2013, 21:53, edited 17 times in total.

7bit

18 Jan 2013, 20:25

I'd be interested in a Chinese version.

fossala
Elite +1

18 Jan 2013, 20:29

7bit wrote:I'd be interested in a Chinese version.
What would happen if I asked for some of both again but only got JP?

mintberryminuscrunch

18 Jan 2013, 20:34

thanks, I'm definitely in :)

7bit

18 Jan 2013, 20:37

fossala wrote:
7bit wrote:I'd be interested in a Chinese version.
What would happen if I asked for some of both again but only got JP?
If it is JP again and nobody else wants it I take it and sell it for an extremely high price to some Japanese collector in
the far future ...
:lol:

Half-Saint

19 Jan 2013, 11:44

I'd be potentially interested in another one, if it was different from the one from 1st batch :D

Gilgam

19 Jan 2013, 11:47

is there some plan to build an adaptator ?

maxmalkav
dye hard

19 Jan 2013, 13:48

Can be this interesting for the international shipping within Europe?
http://www.ecoparcel.eu/
It has it's drawbacks (slower, cumbersome payment), but seems dirty cheap.
Just suggesting, regarding you are going to have a second shipping round. No spam or thread crapping intended :)

CORRECTION: the payment it's not cumbersome :D
Last edited by maxmalkav on 19 Jan 2013, 14:14, edited 2 times in total.

webwit
Wild Duck

19 Jan 2013, 13:52

What's cumbersome about the payment? I only see they boycotted one bad payment provider (paypal). :evilgeek:

maxmalkav
dye hard

19 Jan 2013, 14:08

webwit wrote:What's cumbersome about the payment? I only see they boycotted one bad payment provider (paypal). :evilgeek:
According to a fellow that has already use the service, you make a bank transfer to an account in the Netherlands and after a couple of days you have that money in your Ecoparcel account. Also, you don't know exactly how much your shipping will cost until it's done, that's way you pay a bit more just in case (still quite cheap). It seems the final cost doesn't vary much from the first estimation.

EDIT:

I've just checked the FAQ section and you can also use your credit card, so the experience of my fellow is biased at best, thanks for pointing that! :D

fossala
Elite +1

19 Jan 2013, 14:53

I use a fairly cheap postage broker, the cheapest I can find. There is the bonus that I don't have to have money with someone that I may not use. What I use just lists the postage price from different people (cheaper than ordering from them directly) I book it in and it's collected by the courier the next day.

I'm not going to start pissing around with companies like that so if you did want to use it, you should start your own groupbuys for free! Wait, I'm pretty much the only person who does that...
Last edited by fossala on 19 Jan 2013, 14:55, edited 1 time in total.

fossala
Elite +1

19 Jan 2013, 14:53

Half-Saint wrote:I'd be potentially interested in another one, if it was different from the one from 1st batch :D
Can't promise it, but I can try. You in :)?

nacho

19 Jan 2013, 15:44

It looks so nice. I'm in for one.
Last edited by nacho on 19 Jan 2013, 18:50, edited 1 time in total.

fossala
Elite +1

19 Jan 2013, 15:49

nacho wrote:It look so nice. I'm in for one.
I've added you, but it could be easier to get it straight from him as you are not in the EU. I could give you his email address once I have asked him if it's alright.

maxmalkav
dye hard

19 Jan 2013, 15:49

fossala wrote:I'm not going to start pissing around with companies like that so if you did want to use it, you should start your own groupbuys for free! Wait, I'm pretty much the only person who does that...
Here in Spain I use the same method you describe in your previous post, the only advantage I find in europarcel is sending bulky staff for way less money.

Please fossala, think twice, I'm not saying how to do your stuff, just commenting an interesting shipping option (for God sake, I don't care how you do your stuff, just trying to be nice and collaborative!). And yes, I do my own GBs for FREE with other Spanish folks, probably not as cool as yours but in the same community spirit.

PD: why do you always sound so sour?

fossala
Elite +1

19 Jan 2013, 15:52

maxmalkav wrote:
fossala wrote:I'm not going to start pissing around with companies like that so if you did want to use it, you should start your own groupbuys for free! Wait, I'm pretty much the only person who does that...
Here in Spain I use the same method you describe in your previous post, the only advantage I find in europarcel is sending bulky staff for way less money.

Please fossala, think twice, I'm not saying how to do your stuff, just commenting an interesting shipping option (for God sake, I don't care how you do your stuff, just trying to be nice and collaborative!). And yes, I do my own GBs for FREE with other Spanish folks, probably not as cool as yours but in the same community spirit.

PD: why do you always sound so sour?
I'm not trying to be sour, just I don't like companies that say you can only deal with them if they have you money in advanced. I can't see much reason to it.

I am a bit grumpy at the moment, sorry. Hopefully I will cheer up when I return back to work. Please accept my apologies for snapping.

maxmalkav
dye hard

19 Jan 2013, 16:36

I have been a bit grumpy too, I should'nt have react like that neither. Exchange of apologies :) Good luck with the GB!

nacho

19 Jan 2013, 18:49

fossala wrote:
nacho wrote:It look so nice. I'm in for one.
I've added you, but it could be easier to get it straight from him as you are not in the EU. I could give you his email address once I have asked him if it's alright.
Sure, this would be ok too.
Thank you

Half-Saint

20 Jan 2013, 15:18

Sorry, couldn't resist :D

Every man wants to be a nacho nacho man
to have the kind of body, always in demand
Jogging in the mornings, go man go
works out in the health spa, muscles glow
You can best believe that, he's a nacho man
ready to get down with, anyone he can

nacho

20 Jan 2013, 16:18

Half-Saint wrote:Sorry, couldn't resist :D

Every man wants to be a nacho nacho man
to have the kind of body, always in demand
Jogging in the mornings, go man go
works out in the health spa, muscles glow
You can best believe that, he's a nacho man
ready to get down with, anyone he can
I was inspired by Nacho Libre, one of my favourite movies.

Half-Saint

20 Jan 2013, 16:40

I saw that movie. It was quite entertaining.

dirge

20 Jan 2013, 17:08

pop me down as number 6 please :)

Icarium

21 Jan 2013, 12:21

\o/

Yay! Thanks, Fossala!
I totally want one. If possible I would prefer a JP. :)

7bit

26 Jan 2013, 20:06

I unpacked one today! Thanks to the unpacking instruction, this was super easy! :-)

Who misses out on that is stupid or not a real keyboard collector!
:o
Attachments
IBM_6112884_CN_087095.jpg
IBM_6112884_CN_087095.jpg (213.06 KiB) Viewed 10895 times
IBM_6112884_CN_087073.jpg
IBM_6112884_CN_087073.jpg (167.3 KiB) Viewed 10895 times
IBM_6112884_CN_087037.jpg
IBM_6112884_CN_087037.jpg (186.12 KiB) Viewed 10895 times

fossala
Elite +1

26 Jan 2013, 20:08

They are such fantastic boards, can't wait until a converter is made so I can start using one.

Glad you are happy.

If we can't get numbers up to 10, I'll message him and ask for a quote on how many we have. I guess 5 1/2 the price of 10 as he shipped in 2 boxes last time.

Halverson

26 Jan 2013, 20:10

These boards look pretty sweet. If anyone would proxy to Canada, I'd be in for round 2.

fossala
Elite +1

26 Jan 2013, 20:14

I'm proxying from US to EU... I have his email address but I don't know how many more he has left. After I sort out this last lot, I'll pass on the contact to an American (Continent not Country) and you guys can do one for over there.

EDIT: Unless I get 5 boxes shipped to an address in the states and 5 shipped to me in the EU.

Halverson

26 Jan 2013, 20:22

Oh it's from the US. Keep me posted, I'd offer to grab the leftovers, but being in Canada not conus makes things difficult.

7bit

26 Jan 2013, 20:24

I thought they where from China??
:?

fossala
Elite +1

26 Jan 2013, 20:25

The keyboards are cheap. $25 a piece. It's the shipping that is making it more expensive. It's costing that again per keyboard to get them over here. I guess it will be cheaper to get it to Canada than to the UK.

Nope 7bit, they are from the US. Disappointed?

Return to “Group buys”