[IC] DSA spherical

jabar

26 Jan 2013, 17:45

Coffee on Cream
and
Cream on Coffee

both look super retro and amazing!

also, I'm in for "others" as I have a Choc Mini that could use these...

RC-1140

26 Jan 2013, 17:59

As I already said, I would really like the original C64 style. I would be out if it were for other color schemes.

And we could create Neo compability by having nubbed E and N. The N would be part of Colemak anyway, so it would be only one key added to make me really really happy.

To achieve full compatibility with Neo and German layout we would also need an Ü an Ö and an Ä, though I personally don't need them if you already add the Å, the Ø and the Æ. I like Denmark better than Germany…

matt3o
-[°_°]-

26 Jan 2013, 18:07

RC-1140 wrote:As I already said, I would really like the original C64 style. I would be out if it were for other color schemes.

And we could create Neo compability by having nubbed E and N. The N would be part of Colemak anyway, so it would be only one key added to make me really really happy.
we also need un-nubbed F and J. So to have colemak we need a total of 4 additional keys. Neo layout would be one additional key. Gather your Neo friends and make them count :)
RC-1140 wrote:To achieve full compatibility with Neo and German layout we would also need an Ü an Ö and an Ä, though I personally don't need them if you already add the Å, the Ø and the Æ. I like Denmark better than Germany…
If there's interest for additional letters, we can add them for sure. I don't know if SP has legend for those characters. If not we would have to pay for the mold (around $45 per key I believe).

maxmalkav
dye hard

26 Jan 2013, 18:55

Preferences:

1.- coffee on cream
2.- white on blue

Period :P

BTW: for the the lettering it's ok as long as we have something like an ISO set to match the colour (a pity not having a proper ISO key for this profile family)

Kurk

26 Jan 2013, 20:24

Retro!!!!
White/cream on coffee
If there will be another colour scheme for the mods then I suggest white/cream on dark red (burgundy?). I mean just look at this board, I think CeeSA brought it to the Best keyboard party.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

26 Jan 2013, 20:31

I must say that also green looks good with that set :)

I would do a burgundy ESC key anyway! :)

matt3o
-[°_°]-

27 Jan 2013, 12:36

I've updated the original post with the new layout. I've been asked to add 6 1.5units mods on geekhack too, so I added them and reduced the number of 1.0 blank keys.

More questions:
- I received only 1 request for colemak kit. Really? No one?
- Left stem caps and iso enter will be DCS, we don't have them in DSA. Do you think we should include them?
- Should I replace 1 blank with 'FN'?

maxmalkav
dye hard

27 Jan 2013, 14:04

matt3o wrote:I've updated the original post with the new layout. I've been asked to add 6 1.5units mods on geekhack too, so I added them and reduced the number of 1.0 blank keys.

More questions:
- I received only 1 request for colemak kit. Really? No one?
- Left stem caps and iso enter will be DCS, we don't have them in DSA. Do you think we should include them?
- Should I replace 1 blank with 'FN'?
Yes to add something ISO-like if possible :roll:

matt3o
-[°_°]-

27 Jan 2013, 14:27

i agree but don't really know how a DCS enter is going to look in a DSA keyboard...

7bit

27 Jan 2013, 15:54

Maybe this is helpful:
Attachments
SP_DSA.png
SP_DSA.png (113.16 KiB) Viewed 4130 times
SP_DCS.png
SP_DCS.png (210.55 KiB) Viewed 4130 times
SP_SA.png
SP_SA.png (243.5 KiB) Viewed 4130 times

matt3o
-[°_°]-

27 Jan 2013, 15:57

SA is too tall for DSA, imho, leaving DCS as the only alternative. the DCS spacebar should be good enough but we are including a 6u DSA anyway. Enter and Capslock... dunno. Hope so.

RC-1140

27 Jan 2013, 15:57

Woo! Deep dish instead of such an uncomfortable homing bump! Anyone else who would prefer this?

webwit
Wild Duck

27 Jan 2013, 15:58

I prefer nipples.

7bit

27 Jan 2013, 16:00

I would prefer a 2 units vertical key instead of a DCS Return key. But in terms of height, they would be suitable.

SA-family indeed is too high.
webwit wrote:I prefer nipples.
Nipples on girls and deep dish on key caps.
:oops:

Wait!
:shock:

Since when have female ducks nipples???
:o

RC-1140

27 Jan 2013, 16:01

webwit wrote:I prefer nipples.
I should've seen this coming.

p.s. and if somebody now tries to make a pun on "coming" I'll try and punch him through the internet.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

27 Jan 2013, 16:02

do we have pictures of DSA "deep dish"?

ps: let's keep this SFW :)

prava

27 Jan 2013, 16:43

When you mention Noppoo mini... are you talking about the terribly weird space keycap? IMO, you should be specific about such key... because so far I haven't seen anybody offering it in any GB.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

27 Jan 2013, 16:59

sorry, probably it's more keycool 84. What's the spacebar size of the noppoo? it seems 5-something? if the size is in DCS we can add it. Tomorrow I'll get a first quote from SP, then I'll try to list all the compatible keyboards/layouts, with all the gotchas.

Anyway a black spacebar fits terribly well with the coffee theme, so the kit would be 99% compatible with that and you can use the original spacebar.

RyanClark

28 Jan 2013, 01:51

I'm interested in all 3 sets. I vote for white on blue!

matt3o
-[°_°]-

28 Jan 2013, 09:02

GH/DT aggregated color preference so far (1 point for first preference, 1/2 vote for second preference):

1) Cream on Coffee 9 votes
2) White on Blue 8 votes
3) Coffee on Cream 4
4) White on Pebble 1

coffee and blue are very close, but being R4 SHP also blue I'd like to make this coffee. Anyway, voting is still open, anything could happen :) (go Pebble go!)

pasph

28 Jan 2013, 12:09

Pebble is depressing

matt3o
-[°_°]-

28 Jan 2013, 12:21

pasph wrote:Pebble is depressing
you mean pleasantly depressing, right? :D

tjweir

28 Jan 2013, 12:37

I'm sad about Coffee on Cream. :(

Icarium

28 Jan 2013, 12:39

Moar pikshurz are required.

tjweir

28 Jan 2013, 12:53

Icarium wrote:Moar pikshurz are required.
Coffee on Creme : http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=14668.0

BimboBB

28 Jan 2013, 12:56

7bit wrote:I would prefer a 2 units vertical key instead of a DCS Return key. But in terms of height, they would be suitable.
what kind of family for the iso return key did you used for the r4 shpericals? also DCS?

matt3o
-[°_°]-

28 Jan 2013, 13:02

BimboBB wrote:
7bit wrote:I would prefer a 2 units vertical key instead of a DCS Return key. But in terms of height, they would be suitable.
what kind of family for the iso return key did you used for the r4 shpericals? also DCS?
R4 is SA not DSA (all on row 3 I presume?). SA has return key but misses right shift.

also, we have a 1 vertical enter in the numpad.

Piers Cawley

28 Jan 2013, 13:13

I could be extremely tempted by an Ergodox set in coffee on cream. Cream on coffee would be a fine second choice though. And I'd also be interested in sets of 10 blank 1x1s in coffee.

Does anyone know of any source of spacebar profile 1x2s? I could definitely use a couple of those.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

28 Jan 2013, 13:50

that's right... the ergodox kit would be composed of all spherical caps... don't know how they feel on your thumb... (maybe a solution might be to make them DCS)

Gilgam

28 Jan 2013, 14:25

cream on coffee for me
or Coffee on Cream

Mi piace il café :-)

Return to “Group buys”