Mini Taobao GB [closed]

snoopy

27 May 2013, 14:48

these Model F Space Unsaver have BS? And is there more than one available?

Muirium
µ

27 May 2013, 14:56

Paranoid wrote:The case is quite a different design though, as well as the ctrl and alt caps
Yeah, good point. I've pm'd Dorkvader about it (who posted that image and the results of his own research into smaller Model Fs on the buckling spring thread) whom I now consider to be something of an expert!

The price is right for a shot in the dark. But the shipping… good thing I'm already in for a Model M.
snoopy wrote:these Model F Space Unsaver have BS? And is there more than one available?
There's just the one. Hopefully it's the real deal capacitative buckling spring Model F.
Last edited by Muirium on 27 May 2013, 14:59, edited 1 time in total.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

27 May 2013, 14:59

I updated the OP, hope everything's right.

Shipping.

If nobody in DE is willing to proxy I'd have them shipped to me via INT'L PRIORITY PARCEL that is the cheapest of all if (and only if) it is a tracked shipping (I don't think so, usually Priority means no tracking).

I'd say shipping expenses will be divided proportionally to the value of purchased goods (not weight, that would be hard to guess unless tinlong is willing to weight everything). The same goes for customs tax, hopefully tinlong will set a very low value, after all they are all used goods.

The final shipping cost if I proxy should be around 28-37 euros depending on weight (please consider that anything that I can bubble wrap --eg: keycaps-- would be cheaper). Also, if you took a keyboard just for switches I could desolder them for you if you want to save on shipping.

If anyone in DE wants to step in please let us know NAAOW!

Muirium
µ

27 May 2013, 15:04

matt3o wrote:Also, if you took a keyboard just for switches I could desolder them for you if you want to save on shipping.

If anyone in DE wants to step in please let us know NAAOW!
You're a hero, Matteo! I'll probably be all right, as I'm in for complete keyboards anyway.

And yes: Germans, do us all a favour! It'll save you shipping too.

Re: SSKs. There's sizeable interest in just those alone. I know Tinlong is doubtful they exist at all, but perhaps we could do a separate GB if the seller gets back in touch with him "when" they do come back in stock.

maxmalkav
dye hard

27 May 2013, 15:50

I can only say that I have to Model M 122-key and they look quite similar to the Taobao's picture: case, keys and also colours of the F row.

Muirium
µ

27 May 2013, 15:57

A Model M I can live with.

maxmalkav
dye hard

27 May 2013, 16:15

Matt30, you are going to kill me, but I'd like to had this to my order if it's true that there is more than 1 unit
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=3642278402

Thanks!

Muirium
µ

27 May 2013, 17:01

See! Everyone wants SSKs!

Tinlong: make this happen.

lcg

27 May 2013, 17:19

So, the total cost should be the cost of the item + the shipping from China to Italy which could be 28-37€ + the cost of shipping from Italy to the buyer?

I would be interested in an SSK group buy, but according to a thread made on Geekhack, there weren't any in stock.

Muirium
µ

27 May 2013, 17:30

lcg wrote:So, the total cost should be the cost of the item + the shipping from China to Italy which could be 28-37€ + the cost of shipping from Italy to the buyer?
I think we're looking at this:
  • Item price
    + share of shipping to Tinlong
    + share of shipping to Europe
    + share of whatever taxes get levied
    + shipping from European HQ to you
The share being based on cash value of the order. So if someone has a 10% share of the total order Tinlong places for us, they pay 10% of the group shipping, 10% of tax, and then the final leg of shipping for just their order.

Germany would be the best European waypoint for tax and shipping purposes, if any of our German peers would like to step forward!
lcg wrote:I would be interested in an SSK group buy, but according to a thread made on Geekhack, there weren't any in stock.
A thread about this seller? Damn!

KennyR

27 May 2013, 20:32

So I order the Cherry numpad, but because it's more expensive than the keyboards someone else orders, I have to pay more shipping? (The shipping is divided by price, not weight?)

If that's correct, that doesn't seem fair.. :|

matt3o
-[°_°]-

27 May 2013, 23:22

Let's do some math.

Shipping from vendor to Tinlong: 30
Shipping from Tinlong to EU: approx 110
Total shipping to Europe 140 euros.

If 7 people participate to the GB it's 20 euros per person.

My suggestion would be that everyone -despite what he ordered- pays a minimum of 10 euros. The remaining is distributed based on the value of each order.

Customs tax is based on the value of your order (that actually depends on the value declared by tinglong).

To that you have to add shipping to your place. If I had to proxy this it would be an avg of 17 euros (tracked shipping).

So on average each of you might end up paying: value of your goods + customs tax + 37 euros.

This is a rough estimate but should give you an idea.

If we do this from DE we might save 2% on taxes and 8/9 on shipping (I guess), but this is mere speculation since no one in Germany jumped in so far.

KennyR

28 May 2013, 00:23

Thank you Matt3o for the explanation.

I'll try to arrange something with Paranoid so we can make the shipping less expensive for us.
Do you happen to know when the deadline ends for this GB?
Maybe I'll order some extra stuff to lower the value/shipping ratio.

Muirium
µ

28 May 2013, 02:26

The "Model F Space Unsaver" may more likely be a Honeywell rubber dome version, according to Dorkvader who goes into fine detail here:

http://deskthority.net/keyboards-f2/buc ... ml#p112243

So I'll pass on the Space Unsaver. He does say it's said to be an excellent rubber dome keyboard, though, if anyone else wants to take the chance on this £10 bargain.

Thanks also to Maxmalkav and Paranoid for tipping me that this might not be the Model F I thought it was. Sometimes you have to ask the guru!

I might consider my options for something else to replace the Space Unsaver on my order. (Presuming the SSKs are nowhere to be found, my order's down to just the PS/2 Model M and a couple of plates of switches now.) I'll make up my mind tomorrow.

Halvar

28 May 2013, 03:14

Can I still join this?

I'd like this Model M13:
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=0.0 ... 0030811282
or alternatively, if that's not on stock, I'll take one of these: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=0.0 ... 2607568627

also a numpad: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=0.0 ... 2645976247
or alternatively, if that's not on stock, one of these: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=0.0 ... 6298874693

and finally these keycaps, if there's still a set available after CeeSA's order: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=0.0 ... 0482525596

I'd also be willing to proxy through Germany, if you like me to. I'm pretty new to this forum, so I'd understand if you rather have someone else do it.

In any case, please someone else collect the money and handle all that.

VAT in Germany will be 19%, and I'm pretty sure we won't get around paying that with a package of that weight. I don't know about further Zoll fees, I know that we only pay VAT when importing keyboards or other computer stuff from the US, but I don't know about China/HK.

Muirium
µ

28 May 2013, 03:28

You're a star, Halvar! I think you just gave Matteo a great sigh of relief.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

28 May 2013, 09:17

I've updated the original post. If you agree I would keep this open until May 29, 23:59:59 UTC, then we will ask tinlong to confirm products availability.

Payment will be probably split in two installments, the first one for goods and shipping to EU proxy, the second for customs tax and shipping to your place.

Halvar

28 May 2013, 09:56

I think we should collect the 19% VAT in the first installment already because that's something we'll certainly have to pay, so I don't need to fund that myself when getting the shipment. The Zoll people will want to see a Paypal (or other) payment towards HK, they won't be content with what tinlong writes in his declaration. If there's any fees in addition to that, i'll cover them and we put them in the second round, ok?

In the unlikely event that Zoll has mercy with us we'll just use this for shipping and reimburse the rest.

KennyR

28 May 2013, 10:10

Thank you Halvar for the time you want to put in this BUT.......

That Cherry MX3700 is MINE!!! :D

Halvar

28 May 2013, 10:17

I understand that there are 12 of them on stock. So I hope there are in fact two at least. ;) You have priority of course, and that's why I stated an alternative (that Matt3o did't copy to the OP).

tinlong, I don't know how ordering works with this guy -- are alternatives possible, i.e. will you be able to find out what's really on stock before making your final order?

matt3o
-[°_°]-

28 May 2013, 10:27

thanks Halvar, as far as I understand Paranoid is already taking care of the shipment (can you confirm Paranoid?)

Also, this will be a private transaction between tinlong and the proxy (ie: not from a vendor). I don't think the customs office can be too anal about it. If that is a problem with German customs then it might be better to keep the original plan and ship to Italy.

Paranoid

28 May 2013, 10:31

eh what now? I haven't really done anything since yesterday :D I'll ask tinlong about the shipping costs for the Belgian items.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

28 May 2013, 10:34

sorry I misunderstood KennyR words.

Paranoid

28 May 2013, 10:36

No no you didn't misunderstand, I just haven't done anything because I was asleep when the message was posted and I am at work right now :p if the shipping price is a lot different it might be more sensible to let it ship straight to us. Then we don't have the extra shipping costs added to it. I'm hoping that tinlong can provide a quick and easy answer :)

Halvar

28 May 2013, 10:55

matt3o wrote:thanks Halvar, as far as I understand Paranoid is already taking care of the shipment (can you confirm Paranoid?)

Also, this will be a private transaction between tinlong and the proxy (ie: not from a vendor). I don't think the customs office can be too anal about it. If that is a problem with German customs then it might be better to keep the original plan and ship to Italy.
I'd expect the German customs office to ask for an invoice or proof of payment.

If you''re more comfortable with Paranoid, as I said, I'm more than fine with that.
Last edited by Halvar on 28 May 2013, 11:10, edited 1 time in total.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

28 May 2013, 11:03

I don't like to speak about invoices and customs tax on an open forum, we will discuss it privately later.

I have nothing against you handling this :) just trying to find the cheapest way

Paranoid

28 May 2013, 11:03

Hey Halvar, I think I'm only doing the stuff for me and KennyR since we live close to each other. You still have the cheapest shipping advantage for the other people :D

maxmalkav
dye hard

28 May 2013, 15:46

@Matt3o, I'm also interested on this one: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=0.0 ... 3655607306
Not sure but I think it should be mechanical with nice clicky space invader switches ;)

I think it's also quite unlikely to get a Model M SSK, but I'd like to try with any of the SSK's the seller says he has available, my top price would be 300 yuan, of course, respecting the other members of the GB that already asked for them before.

Thanks!

KennyR

28 May 2013, 23:56

I'm sorry if I caused some confusion with my english.

Matt3o, basically, you can put my order under Paranoid's name.
Thanks in advance!

maxmalkav
dye hard

29 May 2013, 01:54

Some one can explain me how this ad works?
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=14788327955&
I've seen that Dirge ordered 1 unit and it seems they have several available.
If we are talking about DS, an ISO set is more than desirable for me, but I'd like to know the price of each thing (looks like alphas and windowed keys are not sold together)

Return to “Group buys”