MX Switch Cover Group Buy - Request

TheSoulhunter

05 Aug 2013, 16:12

Hello everyone!

I'm posting here on the behalf of kinruan who currently runs the MX Switch Cover Group Buy over at Geekhack. He contacted me because he is looking for someone doing the European distribution, and as he is not known around here he asked me to post a help request on DT.

If someone is interested please throw me a PM, I will give you kinruan's contact info...

Regards,
Soul

Icarium

05 Aug 2013, 17:15

I'm confused. What are these good for? Are they actually buying keyboard internals that will be a pain to swap and are not visible in a different color?

TheSoulhunter

05 Aug 2013, 17:31

Yes, No, Somewhat...
The clear covers are actually quite useful for backlit keyboards as they help to spread the light.
Also there are transparent polycarbonate caps available which make it possible to see cover and stem.

Muirium
µ

05 Aug 2013, 17:34

They're one of those things you'd probably know you need it when you see it.

I can understand clear covers, for sure, and for the reasons you just said. The others, well, not for me.

TheSoulhunter

05 Aug 2013, 17:35

For the "pain to swap" part... With the help of switch opening tools it takes me just some seconds to open a switch -> remove stem -> replace spring -> put stem back in-> close the switch. Replacing just the covers should be even faster :)

Neal

05 Aug 2013, 17:36

I'm willing to do EU distribution as a last resort, seeing I've never done this before. I'm also in on the GB for this.

I do have experience with plenty of experience with packaging, shipping and have the free time for it. But as I said, first timer. Rather have someone else do it.

So yeah, if no one steps up. I will.

Ascaii
The Beard

05 Aug 2013, 18:34

basically, they are copying these:

mashby

05 Aug 2013, 19:08

Yes, but they are also doing a solid red and a solid white colored top as well.

Neal

05 Aug 2013, 20:17

With the possibility of more colors in the feature, really a shame about not having a modification made that allows for removing of the tops with a LED installed.

battletux

06 Aug 2013, 08:13

Neal wrote:With the possibility of more colors in the feature, really a shame about not having a modification made that allows for removing of the tops with a LED installed.
I thought they were going to support that?

Muirium
µ

06 Aug 2013, 08:45

A bigger LED hole would also be a plus in this age of portly RGB LEDs. In fact a minimal + transparent design would be the backlighter's best pick.

mintberryminuscrunch

06 Aug 2013, 11:31

I could help, but that price :O

TheSoulhunter

06 Aug 2013, 18:26

Making molds isn't cheap, part of the price is to recover this costs...

mintberryminuscrunch

08 Aug 2013, 15:01

joined (mbc),
left a note about eu distribution

Return to “Group buys”