GMK white on dark grey US/GB full set {Cancelled}

matt3o
-[°_°]-

27 Sep 2013, 13:50

no blaming you, really. The GB is just fine.

I just said how I would have tried.

pasph

27 Sep 2013, 14:41

bueller wrote:
pasph wrote:Before ansi was a language pack like the others, now it is not
You really can't understand the difference?
With the earlier packs EVERYONE would have had spare keys in order to accommodate the foreign language packs. At least this way only people who actually want language packs have to pay for them. Or do you want everyone out of pocket just to accommodate your needs?
Rest assured that i don't "need" anything neither from you nor from Lysol.
I have expressed my opinion: us-eng. is a language just like all the others and if you want to make a multilingual gb that is the way you must consider it.
Now you have your ansi gb, just like all the others gbs, what do you need more to feel comfortable?
Drop some bombs on my home? :D

bueller

27 Sep 2013, 14:53

pasph wrote:
bueller wrote:
pasph wrote:Before ansi was a language pack like the others, now it is not
You really can't understand the difference?
With the earlier packs EVERYONE would have had spare keys in order to accommodate the foreign language packs. At least this way only people who actually want language packs have to pay for them. Or do you want everyone out of pocket just to accommodate your needs?
Rest assured that i don't "need" anything neither from you nor from Lysol.
I have expressed my opinion: us-eng. is a language just like all the others and if you want to make a multilingual gb that is the way you must consider it.
Now you have your ansi gb, just like all the others gbs, what do you need more to feel comfortable?
Drop some bombs on my home? :D
It's still a multilingual GB, stop playing the victim.

IvanIvanovich

27 Sep 2013, 15:50

Highest market share goes to default, problem? If there is 80% of orders come from Germany, or Spain or whatever... it would be the default layout and everyone else would have to pay extra for their language kit.
If I removed US/GB from the base pack, and made it own pack, it will still cost the same for those buyer. For others, it may save you €5. Yet at the same time you complain that English layout people don't want to help your MOQ, you complain that you have to help theirs? Logic fail.
It's not ANSI only! There is still ISO GB as part of the default in the alpha pack, and ISO modifiers still come by force in the mods pack. I can only do so much to try and make things available. It is very difficult to even get this far and I feel like too many people have no appreciation. How many groupbuy even give the chance for these other layouts? But still people want to make me out as a villain. I don't understand it.

bueller

27 Sep 2013, 15:56

IvanIvanovich wrote: I removed US/GB from the base pack, and made it own pack, it will still cost the same for those buyer. For others, it may save you €5. Yet at the same time you complain that English layout people don't want to help your MOQ, you complain that you have to help theirs? Logic fail.
Exactly my problem, couldn't have put it better myself.

matt3o
-[°_°]-

27 Sep 2013, 16:09

oh c'mon let's stop this :)

The GB is set, who doesn't like it doesn't get it :D

7bit

27 Sep 2013, 16:27

I my group buys, thread crapping is a feature, not an annoyance!
:evilgeek:

BTW, I want a nice grey, like Olivetti, but with white text, for all keys.
:ugeek:

Did I already mention it?
:roll:

IvanIvanovich

27 Sep 2013, 16:33

People can crap the thread all they like, but I can in turn crap on them!
Yes, it think you mentioned it 7bit. Assuming we can make MOQ on anything, keep an eye out for the next IC color voting round. I would doubt some different shade of grey would follow so quickly, but one never knows.

Acanthophis

27 Sep 2013, 19:45

There was never an IC for the mods' colour, IIRC...

longweight
key-bored

27 Sep 2013, 19:47

7bit wrote:I my group buys, thread crapping is a feature, not an annoyance!
:evilgeek:

BTW, I want a nice grey, like Olivetti, but with white text, for all keys.
:ugeek:

Did I already mention it?
:roll:
Then do your own GMK GB.

7bit

27 Sep 2013, 20:25

Acanthophis wrote:There was never an IC for the mods' colour, IIRC...
I had never seen any interest check at all.

Broadmonkey
Fancy Rank

27 Sep 2013, 20:32

There was actually, In the last IC poll there was the option if you would be interested in BoW modifiers, because there was demand and talk about it. It's true, however, there wasn't on color.

yeeeargh

27 Sep 2013, 20:55

7bit wrote:
Acanthophis wrote:There was never an IC for the mods' colour, IIRC...
I had never seen any interest check at all.
Not that it matters anymore, but there you go http://deskthority.net/marketplace-f11/ ... t6043.html

And as far is I know the colors of the alphas should be the same as the colors of the dolch modifiers. So I guess you could combine them to get a set in one color. Or do a groupbuy for them of course …

7bit

27 Sep 2013, 20:59

[IC] GMK Alpha sets

I ignored this, because I was not interested in just ALPHA sets.

Broadmonkey
Fancy Rank

27 Sep 2013, 21:07

I know it says Alpha sets, but discussions has been about everything (read: key caps) that we could order from GMK, it has been that ways since the first IC. Granted most has been on GH, sadly.

Photoelectric

28 Sep 2013, 06:57

The first GB was for purple + white modifiers, which a lot of people got. So this GB focused more on alphas and other caps, with black modifiers being an extra. There was a very long IC thread on GeekHack to get to the current alpha colors with voting (which is probably how the grays came to be the most popular--it's the safest most universal color).

IvanIvanovich

28 Sep 2013, 14:00

There was a lot of asking for classic color 'moogle' kits, so I figured I would get one of them out of the way and choose to do black first since it would have fit much better with the white on X choices that were up for voting than black on beige.
Due to the high MOQs it's not a good idea in my mind to offer more than one color choice of a thing at a time. It's hard enough without having 2 color choices splitting buying decision.

If these buys go forward as planned, you will be able to pick up some other colored mod sets in the future to pair up with the grey alpha set if black isn't your thing. I would guess that eventually white on green/blue/red/grey/etc mods/nav will be made at some point.

kbdfr
The Tiproman

28 Sep 2013, 16:56

IvanIvanovich wrote:There was a lot of asking for classic color 'moogle' kits […]
I'm in for at least 4 sets.

Jmneuv

29 Sep 2013, 00:07

Is the menu key on the mods pack going to look exactly like that? ..because that would be the first ever to look decent.

Topre Enthusiast

29 Sep 2013, 08:05

I think it's Microsoft's metro style icon for the menu key. The Type Heaven has the same one. I agree it looks way better than the clunky old one.

IvanIvanovich

29 Sep 2013, 19:08

Yes it will have the new Windows8 style Windows and menu legends as shown. I feel they fit in with the look of the other iconic style Cherry legends better than the older one too.

Dubsgalore

30 Sep 2013, 00:08

I wish the 'nav' kit would have a full numpad in it
Those top row windowed blanks :o

IvanIvanovich

05 Oct 2013, 15:55

Orders are pretty slow. We need to get a lot more if anything is going to make it to production.

Daniel

05 Oct 2013, 16:25

What a pity... At least the MODS- and NAV-pack should make it. I want to use my cherry sets on my DAS!

yeeeargh

06 Oct 2013, 00:50

are there actually threads/posts for this gb on other communities other then this one or geekhack? preferably some which cater to the non-ansi users?

barkweed

06 Oct 2013, 01:45

yeeeargh wrote:are there actually threads/posts for this gb on other communities other then this one or geekhack? preferably some which cater to the non-ansi users?
Yup, at least on sweclockers.com (Sweden), which is what caught my attention and made me place an order. Not very much interest in that thread though, unfortunately. The high prices seem to be a turn-off.

LechnerDE

08 Oct 2013, 20:10

This thread needs more visibility!

Just placed my order. Numbers don't look too promising though -.-

kekstee

09 Oct 2013, 00:54

Well, I ordered, but it all hinges on the Nordic set to make it, too.

IvanIvanovich

09 Oct 2013, 16:35

The success of this is counting on all of you to not only order, but try to pull in others as well.
It's not much but I managed to get a 3% decrease in pricing.

damorgue

09 Oct 2013, 18:27

Someone posted it in a larger Swedish PC forum. I believe huttala has become know there for translating info from the DT wiki and he likely has more pull in those forums to get people interested.

huttala, start working :)

Return to “Group buys”